[TFZ] Swords

I rather enjoyed this piece, as it was different from your usual work. It isn't stock wit C4D spam that you seemingly are into a lot. This is just hard to follow since the yellow is more empowering than that actual lighting. If that was more visible and constructive to the piece, this would have almost made me vote for my favorite rather than the one that displayed the theme. It is almost Night-esque, which is something that I miss on this forum.

Watch your lighting, about it. The contrast between colors and balancing them is rough with this, too.

Dae said pretty much all I would've. While the piece is interesting, some of the background effects overpower the focus. I do like the two-toned lighting coming in from different angles, giving it a nice contrasting look, but I feel like I can't focus on one thing.

Thanks. Hmm I believe the yellow lighting is actually accurate though as the effect is behind the character. The only problem I'm seeing now with the lighting is there's some blue highlights that need to be recolored.

I think the biggest thing is how the blue lighting isn't. My words were not clear and I didn't fully articulate what I tried to grasp.

This is the piece I voted for, I think it does what it sets out to do and it feels really in character for Katarina, I think if the piece was a little smaller in size it might've helped to keep the concept of the piece concise and less busy (cutting off a bit of the left side for example)

But yeah, it's very busy and I think it didn't work extremely well but it was by no means a bad piece.

Archived