Construct the Overlay Circuit [5/5]

VCR_CAT

Ha ha yes I'm copying Black but this time it's Zexal, so just expect a fair number of either explicitly Xyz-themed Links or character-appropriate Links.

One thing to be clear is that my design intention with these cards is to make them less entirely focused on the themes they're made for. A lot of Zexal anime themes have not aged well in the slightest, and it's going to take more than a single support card to really make them work. Nonetheless, despite their generic nature, I still want them to be faithful to the character that they are designed for, and ultimately still help that specific deck, even if maybe it's going to be more useful in a different variety of deck.

[spoiler=Gagaga Network Magician]

XHPI71E.png

2 monsters with the same Level
You can target 1 monster you control and up to 2 monsters in your GY: Special Summon the target(s) from your GY to Zones this card points to, then their Level(s) become the Level of the first target. Immediately after this effect resolves, Xyz Summon 1 monster using monsters you control, including the monster(s) Summoned by this card's effect You can only use this effect of "Gagaga Network Magician" once per turn.

[spoiler=Design Notes]

For Yuma's card, I went with what is essentially a distillation of his deck: A standard, yet very flexible Xyz-oriented effect. It's fairly basic, but supports what his deck pretty much did, which was access a wide range of Numbers and Ranks, even if maybe he went into Utopia pretty much all the time.

[spoiler=Full Armored Depth Draco]

5fYf9p8.png

2+ WATER monsters
You can also treat 1 WATER Xyz Monster you control as 2 Link Materials for this card's Link Summon. This card gains 200 ATK for each material attached to an Xyz Monster this card points to. If an Xyz Monster this card points to be would be destroyed, you can detach 1 material from an Xyz Monster this card points to instead. Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can target 1 WATER monster in your GY; attach that target to an Xyz Monster you control as a material.

[spoiler=Design Notes]

Shark had a fairly strongly-Control flavored strategy centered around his cards, with monster effects that ranged from shut-downs, to burns, and many of them around stealing and capturing. Depth Draco is meant to mostly capture that by supporting the general strategies that center around Number 101, Black Ray Lancer, and the rest of his arsenal.

[spoiler=Heroic Champion Durendal]

wWk6sM1.png

1 Warrior Xyz Monster
This card gains ATK equal to the number of materials this card's Link Material had on the field when it was used for this card's Link Summon x800. Cannot be destroyed by battle or card effect. Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can target 1 "Heroic Champion" Xyz Monster in your GY; Special Summon that target from your GY to the Zone this card points to and attach any number of Warrior monsters from your hand or GY to it as materials, but banish it during the End Phase.

[spoiler=Design Notes]

Gauche was all about "Go Big or Go Home". LINK-1 is honestly the area of Link monsters that I feel has the most intrigue and design potential surrounding it, and this is one of many ways I feel it can be taken advantage of.

[spoiler=Chronomaly Crystal Knight]

TXEfKZ8.png

2 Rock and/or Machine monsters
While you control a Rock or Machine monster besides "Chronomaly Crystal Knight"; you can Special Summon 1 Rock or Machine monster from your hand. You can only use this effect of "Chronomaly Crystal Knight" once per turn. Monsters your opponent controls lose ATK/DEF equal to the combined Rank of Xyz Monster(s) this card points to x100.

[spoiler=Design Notes]

Chronomalies have a fairly loosely tied theme between themselves, particularly in their Xyz's. For this card, I chose to center it around standard support to push the deck's engine, while also working with an effect that's in-line with their Xyz monsters.

[spoiler=Umbral Horror Manifest]

Q0KGMbM.png

2+ Fiend monsters
When this card is Link Summoned: You can target 1 monster with 0 ATK or DEF in your GY; Special Summon that target from your GY to a Zone this card points to. (Quick Effect): You can target 1 monster your opponent controls and 1 monster you control whose original ATK is 0; switch the current ATK between those targets. You can only use each effect of "Umbral Horror Manifest" once per turn.

[spoiler=Design Notes]

And finally, Vector's card. Vector's Xyz line-up is kind of all over the place with its effects and strategies, but in each it's all centered around "How can I really just screw with them?" So, for this card I decided to go with that, follow up on his main engine, and work with an effect that may or may not really just screw someone over using his Manipulator monsters.

Archived