Updates on Upcoming Events in 2018

Blake

With the RP Awards coming to a close a few days ago, I want to just clear up some information in regards to the Halloween Masquerade this year, as well as a potential events to close out the year.

[spoiler=Halloween Masquerade 2018]As said before, the theme is Performers, Entertainers, and Stars!

This means that, if you wish to participate, your monster should be one of those. @ is a lovely example of such, or my current avatar (Trucy Wright) would also make a good one. Hell, you could even be a singer, actor, or commentator!

There will be a returning event akin to the carnival from last year, though the system will be edited.

Finally, a new Special Membergroup, akin to the Ace Investigator membergroup owned by @. He earned his group during 2016's Halloween Masquerade. However, instead of being awarded to the first member to figure out a big puzzle... This award will be given to the least guessed Monster! Try your hardest to entertain people while having a convincing mask!

[spoiler=Thanksgiving Roast?]This event is not set in stone at this time, but I would not mind having one of these this year, considering my dropping out was part of the reason last year's fell apart. If someone would wish to host this event, or if the community would like to see this event at all, let me know!

I would like to set some standards and ground rules for it ahead of time, but I am open to listening about it.

[spoiler=Creative Secret Santa]Now, this is one I want to get off the ground, but it depends on who all would be interested.

The idea behind this event, which would begin in early December, would be to have our creatively talented members (such as, but not limited to, @@Catterjune, @@Sleepy, @@Tormented, or @@Thar) enter into a Secret Santa where they create art for a given purpose.

It could either be a Secret Santa set between said creative members or it could be our creative members giving back to selected members of the community. Either way, the creative members would receive compensation on the site, be it points, groups, or whatever is decided upon by the end.

Feel free to comment with thoughts, concerns, ideas... or to even shoot me a PM for other events that are not currently in the works! 

Eh, I'm not much of a fan of the Creative folk having all the fun with Secret Santa. Why not open it up to everyone like we had years ago so that anyone could make something for a random person?

Mostly because... what do you give?

Giving a card is kinda weird, especially when non-CC, if not non-YGO, people are involved. That's about all that is readily available, bar points.

Mostly because... what do you give?

Giving a card is kinda weird, especially when non-CC, if not non-YGO, people are involved. That's about all that is readily available, bar points.

So Cardmakers get excluded because we might make a card for our chosen person? You gotta do better than that, Black. And tbh, it defeats the purpose of being a site event if Creative people are the only ones actually participating. If you want that, great, but don't advertise it as a site event.

So Cardmakers get excluded because we might make a card for our chosen person? You gotta do better than that, Black. And tbh, it defeats the purpose of being a site event if Creative people are the only ones actually participating. If you want that, great, but don't advertise it as a site event.

You're not excluded for it. You can still make something. GFX, drawings, writing, sculpture (albeit in picture), music, you name it. But the average person is not going to be happy to receive a card, and that's what I'm keeping in mind.

You're not excluded for it. You can still make something. GFX, drawings, writing, sculpture (albeit in picture), music, you name it. But the average person is not going to be happy to receive a card, and that's what I'm keeping in mind.

You had me worried for a moment, as that part implied only the established creative people of YCM could participate. Sorry for the passive aggressiveness.

Archived