Generation NEX (Space, The Slifer Slacker's Final Frontier)

Black D'Sceptyr

see my original idea for the subheader of this was to go for something more relating to the GX theme since that song actually does state what GX stands for and this original card's nameplay was about

You know, "YU-GI-OH GX, GENERATION X!" But yeah, I couldn't think of where to go beyond that. Boldly, anyway. Maybe some other man could. 

Instead, you'll get not-so-obscure Star Trek references and like it. 

This card on the other hand....maybe less so, considering the sour taste Contact Gate left in a lot of people's mouths, yours possibly included. 

NEVERTHELESS

Generation_NEX.png

[spoiler=Generation NEX: Info]

Continuous Spell Card

Lore: This card's name becomes "NEX" while face-up on the field. Once per turn: You can send 1 "HERO" or "Neo-Spacian" monster from your hand or Deck to the GY, except a Level 4 monster; activate 1 of these effects.

• Special Summon 1 "Neo-Spacian" monster from your Deck with the same Level as that sent monster. 
• Special Summon 1 "Neo-Spacian" monster from your Extra Deck with the same Attribute of that sent monster.
• Special Summon 1 Level 7 "HERO" monster from your GY.

Three effects, bringing out three different types of monsters, for the most cost-intensive and reimbursement-lacking Fusion Monsters this side of Armed Dragon Catapult Cannon. Another GX exclusive I've tried to tackle with more and better support sometime before.

Joy, isn't it, how many xenophobic Decks that era produced. Or used to before Konami got a bout of nostalgia for Zane and Camula and buried them alive in support swear to GOD we're gonna have a Cyber Eyes of Blue archetype before Konami's through with it. 

Okay, getting away from the point here. 

This helps cut at the compounding issues for Neo-Spacians in their inability to competently field the materials for their Fusions (handling the fact that 90% of the Neo-Spacian Fusions are hot doodoo is for another card) and gives them a way to get to Extra Deck stuff if they want to go light on that Fusion route.  

Until the next card, then, reviews, revelry, you know the drill. 

BD'S, signing off.

As far as Neo-Spacian support goes, this is fine, though you should know by now how bad their cards are. 

I mean, I guess you have to put the non-Level 4 thing to prevent Shadow Mist stuff and whatnot, but taking her into consideration, you would at least get faster access to Neos. Or you can use it to revive Neos himself after you ditch him for the discard (it doesn't target), so... But in all seriousness, what HEROs are you running in Neo-Spacians that are not Level 4. (Yes, there are HEROs that aren't Level 4, but are you even running them nowadays?)

The other effect that SS's from the Extra Deck would be a lot better if...

1. We actually got the other 4 Attributes besides WATER and LIGHT (for Dolphin and Moss)
  2. Neither Marine Dolphin nor Twinkle Moss are complete garbage at present. Taking into consideration MR4, you got way more important things to use that EMZ for instead of them.
    1. Yes, it would help field Marine Neos better if you even bother with it, but that's really all card can do. 

The other effect that summon Spacians is fine since they really do need that summoning speed to do things. 

Again, card's fine but just bad at present since all of the targets and discard fodder you would like to have either all suck or are Level 4 (and this card bars them from doing this). Maybe Konami will release stuff that isn't sheet for them and make this card worth more, but I doubt it (and this is a discussion better off elsewhere). 

Archived