[SOFU] Orphegel (S/T)

98bf9f51-s.jpg

Orphegel Prime
Normal Spell
-You can only activate 1 card with this card name per turn.
(1) Send 1 "Orphegel" or "World Legacy" monster from your hand or face-up from your field to the GY; draw 2 cards.

acbd79b7-s.jpg

Orphegel Babel
Field Spell
(1) The activated effects of monsters you control or in your GY with "Orphegel" in their original names can be activated during either player's turn.
(2) During your Main Phase, except the turn this card was sent to the GY: You can send 1 card from your hand to the GY; add this card from your GY to your hand.

3588d21b-s.jpg

Orphegel Einsatz
Continuous Spell
-You can only use this card name's (1) effect once per turn.
(1) If your opponent Normal or Special Summoned a monster(s): You can take 1 "Orphegel" or "World Legacy" monster from your Deck, and either send it to the GY or banish it.

Prime is dang nice. Babel basically turn any Orphegel to quasi-scapegoat play is also nice in addition able to float for Danger! or Mill plays. Einsatz is okay i guess, being able to fuel both summons and effect activation albeit the slowness worries me

EDIT: so Babel also made on-field Orphegel Links become quick effect?! huh, that really something

Prime: HOLY CANNOLI THIS SETS UP THE ORPHEGEL MONSTERS SO WELL, 8.9. 

Babel: so yeah, Burial From a Different Dimension is a required side with this, since you can now Summon those monsters on the opponent's turn. Might even be the thing that makes World Legacy Awakening find a niche. And it comes back. By possibly discarding an Orphegel. Yeah, 8.4. 

Einsatz: If not for Babel turning every Orphegel you put in the GY into a QUICKIE!, this would have lost an entire point with me. But yeah, being able to mill stuff on the opponent's turn or set up the Banished Zone for the Links-always fun. Seriously though, Galatea's looking better by the card. 8.0, though I'd still suggest being light with all the Spells/Traps except Babel and Prime.

World Legacy cards will likely carry the day for the Orphegels, especially Crown, and possibly Sceptyr if you go with Einsatz. With that in regards, I'm moving up all the Orphegel monsters an extra .02 and the Orphegel Links an extra .4 in the ratings I gave them on the original scores, in light of the new cards. Attack stays the same, and the Continuous Trap gets a .3 for shenanigans with Einsatz.

Well now they have solis Spell/Trap cards to pull, though I still wanted more maindeck monsters.

Activating the Links during the opponent's turn is neat, their own Spellbook of Rudra is good (unless Ash, though it hurts less than one would assume) and a continuous Foolish Burial with reliance on the Field Spell sounds fine.

Finally an effect that makes monster effects Quick Effects. I have made cards like this so it's good to have an official precedence for once.

Orphegel Prime, huh. Transferring a biological being, or its conscience/soul/etc. to a synthetic body is an idea that gives me chills.

I freaking like Babel. It patches a weakness I see in other archetypes/decks too reliant on a single Spell by returning itself. Bonus if you discard Orphegel as fodder.

Einsatz looks good enough. It being a Cont. Spell searchable by Galatea makes me think of True Drao variants, which by the way woul be unaffected by the Special Summon lock on DARKs.

Archived