[SOFU] Invincible Halo

I just want to do something with this and Angel of Zera.

When we all know this is likely going to be used to scrap Knightmare Mermaid and nix the opponent's followup Knightmare plays? My man, I do so love your optimism

(puts on reviewing goggles)

goodness though, Ghost Reaper has some competition now, though it may not be the best turn 1 play if you're not going first. Heck, Majesty's Fiend had reasons for it's use, even now, so I do suppose this can be a good side without too many issues in using it-especially in terms of getting one last use out of a cheaply Summoned Link while stopping simliar links of the opponent in Mirror Matches. Or Burning Abyss/Knightmare plays. 

7.7/10.

Know you're not referring to me, but I'd contend that its a tie between this, Declarer of the Abyss (that's gonna ruin Knightmare boards) and Folgo (turning one of the most mediocre Archetypes into its own engine)

@, any contenders?

This seems the most meta relevant. Summon your links, then flip this and banish a link

Between this and Grave Keepers, Cyclone will be needed

Abyss is nice, but they usually have Trigate too

Is this card truly all that good though? You are ditching one of your own cards "permanently" (one that more often than not itself requires a 2+ card investment) for a temporary lock on a card type that... can actually be fairly easy to play around for anything that isn't exclusively reliant on Links.

This also doesn't lock you from summoning your own monsters of the type. Taking the Knightmare example above: if your opponent ditching a Knightmare Extra Link to use this, they're weakening their overall field strength. Their own effects will be negated: no Goblin targeting protection, no Gryphon floodgate, etc. making their field less solid and more susceptible to any kind of removal.

In the case where you yourself have multiple monster types out, this only acts to supplement that, something to be used reactively rather than proactively (unlike Barrier). But even then, there are other things that I'd prefer to have in the same situation: hand traps (as they are harder to predict and counter), Solemns (as a harder counter that removes a specific threat without damaging your own field), or, you know, another helpful monster on board.

I might be being overly rough on it, but unless there's a Tier-0 format that exclusively uses 1 special monster type, the potential of this card feels extremely limited to me right now.

Archived