Twin-Headed -/Lightning Conger Ritual (One Good Shock Support Deserves Another)

Black D'Sceptyr

Seriously we haven't had enough Thunders? thought I as I hit Post New Topic on this, my synapses no longer reaching the Ghost of Diana the Light Spirit currently guiding my hands across the keys okay sorry where was I?

twin_headed_lightning_conger_by_bdscepty   lightning_conger_ritual_by_bdsceptyr-dch

[spoiler=Twin-Headed Lightning Conger: Info]

WATER/Thunder-Type Ritual Effect Monster/Level 5/1750 ATK/1350 DEF

Lore: You can Ritual Summon this card with "Lightning Conger Ritual". You can discard this card, then target 1 Thunder monster you control; it gains 200 ATK for each monster in the GYs with the same Level as it until the End Phase, then you can add 1 Ritual Spell from your Deck to your hand. During your Main Phase, you can Normal Summon 1 Thunder monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.) During your opponent's turn (Quick Effect): You can Tribute this Ritual Summoned card; Special Summon 1 Level 3, 5 or 7 Thunder monster from your Deck or Extra Deck.

[spoiler=Lightning Conger Ritual: Info]

Ritual Spell Card

Lore: This card can be used to Ritual Summon "Twin-Headed Lightning Conger" from your hand or GY. You must also Tribute monsters from your hand or field whose total Levels equal or exceed 5. During your End Phase, except the turn this card was sent to the GY from the field: You can banish this card from your GY, then pay 3000 LP, but that amount is reduced by 1000 for each Thunder monster you control; your opponent's monsters cannot attack during their next turn. You can only use this effect of "Lightning Conger Ritual" once per turn.

So yeah, this blatant attempt on my end to make Ritual Denglong for Thunder monsters may be more susceptible to getting Ashed than one would think, but it does get the job done in other areas-extending the play of Normal Summons (much like another Level 5 monster that tends to be weak on the field), floats into Supervolt, and allows you to stave off one turn of attacks-a thing I WOULD NOT HAVE DONE if the primary Phase for ridding the opponent's field of monsters wasn't a Phase earlier these days. #thanksnothanks2018

And being like this allows me to take a deeper tack as to what makes a Ritual good, considering they're the second most costly method of non-Normal-or-Effect Summoning, next to Pendulums, which at least have Electrumite to help them. Mainly, it's a natural increase in consistency that is needed, and often is exported to other non-Rituals, that they have. And this is something I'll try to tackle in more exotic ways going forward, but this is made to cap off a current spat of Thunder support I've been grateful to present to you all as of recent.

Until the next card, reviews, revelry, you know the drill.

BD'S, signing off. 

Archived