Darj

ehYpkHr.png

Mekk-Knight White Dawn
LIGHT/Psychic/Link/Effect
Rating: 1
Link Markers: bottom-middle
ATK: 1900
1 "Mekk-Knight" monster
You can Normal Summon Level 5 or higher "Mekk-Knight" monsters without Tributing, but they lose 700 ATK/DEF. Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can target 1 card on the field; move that card to another appropriate Zone of the card's controller. If this card leaves the field: You can target 1 of your banished "Mekk-Knight" or "World Legacy" cards; add it to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Mekk-Knight White Dawn" once per turn.

Made a Link1 Mekk-Knight a while ago, shortly after they were released. I have updated it with a more proper name, in TCG format, also removed a 4th effect it originally had since I felt it was a bit too much when Mekk-Knights are, or at least were, actually decent competitively speaking.

The purpose of this card is to assist with the Summon of Mekk-Knights by:

1) Trading a Mekk-Knight in an MM Zone for this that will occupy the EM Zone, allowing you to place a Spell/Trap in the same column and thus enable the Special Summon of another Mekk-Knight.

2) Enabling you to Normal Summon your Level5+ Mekk-Knights.

3) Using its rearranging effect to release MM Zones with 2+ cards in their columns.

This last effect also assists with controlling the opponent in combination with their negation Continuous Spell/Traps. Note that it doesn't have a hard OPT, so having multiples of this in combination with said Cont. Spell/Traps may give them strong control over the opponent.

Finally, the float is mostly as a refund/insurance effect, or to pay itself off if you use it as fodder or material, and the effect can be made live through the effects of Red Moon, Yellow Star, and even Purple Nightfall. Moreover, some World Legacy monsters banish themselves already, and this can let you grab them back.

Thoughts?

DID SOMEBODY SAY MEKK KNIGHT

Normal Summon isn't something I really struggle with...ever. Particularly if I now have a Link 1 to free up zones with. The only situation where it would really be that helpful is if I open doubles or my opponent breaks the double zone after I've Summoned one, but I could easily remake it with my own S/T. I normally use any spare handtraps left as an easy Normal Summon to make Mekk-Knight Morning star.

Zone moving...naturally better than Cobalt, considering this works with your opponent's monsters too. Glad to see it also has no hard OPT, helping you to easily setup more Zones for you to be able to Summon and negate and stuff. Renders the above effect even more useless. I mean, there's nothing wrong with it being there, I just feel it doesn't really do anything.

Last effect is decent; I'm not really banishing my in-archetype World Legacy cards...unsure how, really, but it does work decent with the Main Mekk-Knights, particularly Purple (although I try to keep Purple banished so he comes back so I don't have an empty field after that True Draco play) and victims of the Red/Yellow pair. Also GREAT as a better means than the Trap Negator for recycling after you've done the ED/Hand nuke. 

Also...ANOTHER MEKK-KNIGHT TO BANISH SO THE FIELD'S EASIER TO DO! A little hesitant this time, however, as this card...basically becomes a substitute for any other Mekk-Knight, transcending Morning Star as something easy to make. Considering we now have 11 Mekk-Knights, with 2 of them easy af to use...yeah.

I felt after Morning Star, Mekk-Knights had exactly what they needed. This card gives them the zone switching effect, which is VERY helpful, but everything else is just icing on top. It's not too strong, and it's certainly not bad, but I don't quite like it, if only from a personal standpoint. Still, the card comes together nicely.

You got a point there: Morning Star filled some of the gaps in Mekk-Knights. But the thing is that I first made this pre-Morning Star, and rather than overhauling it, decided to make some edits, and even removed a silly protection it had there, which was the 4th effect I mentioned, and bring it up again to get some insight on how this card would do now that Morning Star is a thing.

Indeed, I figured Mekk-Knights would have other things to Normal Summon already, namely Aleister in Invoked variants. Didn't know that more "pure" variants would go as far as to Normal Summon hand traps for the sake of Morning Star. But in my defense, AFAIK pre-Morning Star this wasn't really an option, except for going for other kind of Links.

Archived