Ancient Gear support

DominatorLegend

After quite some time I decided to make a few more cards based on a comment I made in Reddit a while ago. These cards were made without taking balance into account, so they may be either overpowered or underpowered.

Anyways, here are the cards (also I'm sorry for the bad card artworks, couldn't find anything better/more fitting).

Ancient Gear Commander

neVElWm.png

This card gains 400 ATK for each "Ancient Gear Golem" and/or "Ancient Gear Golem - Ultimate Pound" on the owner's side of the field. When this card attacks, your opponent cannot activate any Spell/Trap Cards until the end of the Damage Step. Once per turn and only once that turn, you can activate one of the following effects:
● All Ancient Gear monsters on the owner's side of the field gain 400 ATK except this card. This card cannot attack during the Battle Phase.
● Tribute this card, special summon 1 "Ancient Gear Golem" or "Ancient Gear Golem - Ultimate Pound" from the Deck ignoring its summoning conditions.

Ancient Gear Dragon Knight

1eQucEw.png

1 "Ancient Gear Reactor Dragon" + 2 "Ancient Gear" Monsters
Must be Fusion Summoned. If this card attacks, your opponent's Spell/Trap Cards and monster effects cannot be activated until the end of the Damage Step. Unnaffected by Monster Effects. At the end of the Damage Step, if this card attacked: You can destroy 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field. If this card was Fusion Summoned using 2 or more "Ancient Gear Reactor Dragon" it gains the following effects:
2+: This card gains piercing damage.
3: If this card destroys an opponet Spell/Trap Card: You can add 1 "Geartown" from your deck to your hand. You cannot activate any Field Spells the turn this effect was activated.

Ancient Gear Prototype Dragon

LKAXi8o.png

This card's name is treated as "Ancient Gear Reactor Dragon" when it's on the hand, field or GY. If this card attacks, your opponent cannot activate any Monster effects until the end of the Damage Step. Once per turn, when this leaves the field, you can add 1 "Ancient Gear Reactor Dragon" from your Deck and/or GY to your hand. The turn said effect was activated you can only Normal/Special Summon monsters that specifically lists the card "Ancient Gear Reactor Dragon" in its text or "Ancient Gear Reactor Dragon"

Commander: You're missing the summon requirements; I'll assume it's 2 "Ancient Gear" monsters or something, but yeah. To be fair though, the stat boost effect is nowhere near potent enough to warrant locking this card out of attacking. That, and there is no reason to run OG Golem; Ultimate Pound is the better option (and overall, Tributing this card for it is the better effect). 

Also doesn't stop hand traps and stuff, so...

Dragon Knight: Keeping Reactor Dragon's other effects is fine, but issues being that you gotta run multiple copies of Reactor Dragon just to pierce AND search Geartown if it blows up backrow cards. Just a sidenote that very few people play backrow nowadays outside Fields, and well, the piercing effect (while nice) won't matter too much in light of Links existing. 

You can afford to just have it pop 1 card on the field, or up its destruction capacities for each Reactor Dragon you use as material. Up to you, but definitely expand it to kill monsters too. There's only so much you can do with popping Spell/Trap cards, especially when some of them have moved to be triggerable from the hand, where this card can't reach after damage calculation.

Prototype Dragon: OK, this is where I end up having to rescind part of what I mentioned earlier. This being another copy of Reactor Dragon means you don't have to actually fuse all 3 of the Level 9 to make the Fusion, but in this situation, I do have my concerns about this being treated as OG Reactor Dragon in the hand. But then again, Dragon Knight's other effects aren't dangerous at the moment, so...

Retrieving the original Reactor Dragon when it leaves the field is fine.

Commander: You're missing the summon requirements; I'll assume it's 2 "Ancient Gear" monsters or something, but yeah. To be fair though, the stat boost effect is nowhere near potent enough to warrant locking this card out of attacking. That, and there is no reason to run OG Golem; Ultimate Pound is the better option (and overall, Tributing this card for it is the better effect). 

Also doesn't stop hand traps and stuff, so...

Dragon Knight: Keeping Reactor Dragon's other effects is fine, but issues being that you gotta run multiple copies of Reactor Dragon just to pierce AND search Geartown if it blows up backrow cards. Just a sidenote that very few people play backrow nowadays outside Fields, and well, the piercing effect (while nice) won't matter too much in light of Links existing. 

You can afford to just have it pop 1 card on the field, or up its destruction capacities for each Reactor Dragon you use as material. Up to you, but definitely expand it to kill monsters too. There's only so much you can do with popping Spell/Trap cards, especially when some of them have moved to be triggerable from the hand, where this card can't reach after damage calculation.

Prototype Dragon: OK, this is where I end up having to rescind part of what I mentioned earlier. This being another copy of Reactor Dragon means you don't have to actually fuse all 3 of the Level 9 to make the Fusion, but in this situation, I do have my concerns about this being treated as OG Reactor Dragon in the hand. But then again, Dragon Knight's other effects aren't dangerous at the moment, so...

Retrieving the original Reactor Dragon when it leaves the field is fine.

Commander:

Yeah sorry, I forgot the requirements. Regarding hand traps, no AG monster really stops them save from Wyvern, Reactor and Giant (and Hydra, but nobody plays him).However, as an AG player you want to have Fortress active most of the time, and Fortress stops targeting so the strategy would be to summon this guy when Fortress is on the field.

Dragon Knight:

Sure, backroll may not be as "popular" as it used to be, but we're forgetting this effect can also pop Field Spells, and I don't think these are unpopular. And once again, Fortress is practically needed at 3 in every AG deck nowadays.

Proto Dragon:

I was thinking about whether or not it should have been treated as R.Dragon in the hand, but given how AGs are not the best of decks and how fragile they are during their plays, I just decided to give'em this little boost.

Anyways I'm glad you took your time to review them and I'm quite thankful of that. So many thanks! :D

Archived