Spirit Princess Kessho - Link Monster - Spirit Support

WaffleCone

aYpjnsu.jpg

Spirit Princess Kessho

LIGHT | Fairy | Link | Effect

2000 / LINK-2

2 Spirit Monsters

Once per turn, during the End Phase, if this card was Special Summoned this turn: You can add 1 Spirit monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use each of the following effects of "Spirit Princess Kessho" once per turn.
● During your Main Phase, you can Normal Summon/Set 1 Level 5 or higher Spirit monster without Tributing, in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. 
● If a monster(s) this card points to is returned to the hand: You can draw 1 card.

xxxxxxx

Wanted to try making a Link monster, so decided to make some support for Spirits, they could definitely use it. Kessho encourages using some of the big OG spirit monsters like Hino-Kagu-Tsuchi and Yamata Dragon, while generally helping Spirits to plus and hold some board presence.

Wow, this looks so good that I'm not sure if it's fair. You can easily drop this with the Aratama+Nikitama combo, and then you get to drop the aforementioned big Spirits right away, or get Dust Spirit for a searchable Dark Hole. Even better if you already had a Spirit on board somehow to get a draw from Nikitama.

To be safe, I suggest to put a "you cannot use this card this turn" restriction on the Spirit you search, similar to Isolde.

Wow, this looks so good that I'm not sure if it's fair. You can easily drop this with the Aratama+Nikitama combo, and then you get to drop the aforementioned big Spirits right away, or get Dust Spirit for a searchable Dark Hole. Even better if you already had a Spirit on board somehow to get a draw from Nikitama.

To be safe, I suggest to put a "you cannot use this card this turn" restriction on the Spirit you search, similar to Isolde.

While I agree Kessho seems a bit busted at face value, I feel like in the greater context of only being able to really be used by Spirits, and how bad Spirits are in the current state of the meta, I honestly don't think this card would even be enough to pull them out of the gutter when the current state of the meta consists of absurdities like Sky Strikers.

H-K-T, Yamata Dragon and Dust Spirit are all useless turn 1, in a meta where turn 1 is super important, and Dust Spirit especially will likely leave you with no monsters on the field when your opponent starts their next turn, as well as not giving you the draw from Kessho.

Lvl 5+ Spirits are almost certainly dead draws without Kessho, and outside of Nikitami she's very difficult to summon.

Due to these limitations/failings I think this card is probably this justified in being this strong, though maybe there's some Spirit support I don't know about that could break her.

Well, Shinobirds and Yamato-no-Kami can assist with putting more Spirits on the board in a single turn, as well as the Brilliant engine which can mill Nikitama for the draw as a plus, but those aren't as straightforward to use.

Anyway, I agree Spirits need the support, but I don't think this is the right way, it's too blatant, so to speak. I can get behind it with a 1-turn stun on the searched Spirit, or maybe a "1 less Tribute" effect instead of a full Tribute skip so at the very least you have to Tribute something for the big Spirits. Not to mention its ATK is more fitting for a Link3, as most Link2s don't have ATK higher than 2000.

Well, Shinobirds and Yamato-no-Kami can assist with putting more Spirits on the board in a single turn, as well as the Brilliant engine which can mill Nikitama for the draw as a plus, but those aren't as straightforward to use.

Anyway, I agree Spirits need the support, but I don't think this is the right way, it's too blatant, so to speak. I can get behind it with a 1-turn stun on the searched Spirit, or maybe a "1 less Tribute" effect instead of a full Tribute skip so at the very least you have to Tribute something for the big Spirits. Not to mention its ATK is more fitting for a Link3, as most Link2s don't have ATK higher than 2000.

Fair enough, it would be more realistic for some of this card's strength to be on other Spirit support that should theoretically exist.

Changed the search effect to give you the card at the end of the turn so you can't use it right away, but if you get the same card some other way you can still use it then unlike with the Isolde-like option.

The ATK was always meant to be  2000 I typoed it in the description whoops.

Archived