[DBHS] Prankids

We’re not quite sure on the name but definitely sure on effects.

Diydy_hUwAAEZ5J.jpg?resize=300%2C211&ssl

DBHS-JP020 プランキッズ・ドゥードゥル Prankids Dodole
Link 2 WIND Thunder Link Effect Monster
ATK 2000
Links: Left, Bottom
Materials: 2 “Prankids” monsters
You can only use each effect of this card’s name once per turn.
(1) If this card is Link Summoned: You can add 1 “Prankids” Spell/Trap Card from your Deck to your hand.
(2) You can Tribute this card, then target 2 “Prankids” cards with different names in your GY, except Link Monsters; add those cards to your hand.

Note: This card is likely named after a house spirit, as part of the joke of the Prankids is they’re themed after Household/Nature Spirits, along with thermodynamic physics. We’re not quite sure which one this card is referencing. For the moment, we think this card might be Dodole, the spirit of rain and a dance tradition is Slavic Europe.

Well there we go, now we have something that actually works! A search for Spell/Traps on Summon is nice, being able to grab back stuff from the GY for an easy Fusion Summon is great too. It got a great Link Arrow combo too, being able to be used to get out Roargon if put in the MMZ, which can easily be done with the Fusion Monsters. Also indicates we will get at least a Trap for them too, so that's fun, probably will get some more support that allows them to get multiple out without Fusion Summoning first. I am confident that these will be able to work fairly well, not too powerful, but pretty good, and a Fusion/Link focused Archetype is something I was hoping for, and this one seems to be the first that can really pull that off.

The prankid fusion spell just changed from an awkward bad poly to a searchable play extender.

Too bad it's all but certain that there won't be more maindeck names. Expending all three HOPT is pretty easy. Good thing you can summon Butler at ss2, so ending the turn on whatever+the materials for Butler to summon him on the opponent's turn, so you don't miss out on free advantage.

Well there we go, now we have something that actually works! A search for Spell/Traps on Summon is nice, being able to grab back stuff from the GY for an easy Fusion Summon is great too. It got a great Link Arrow combo too, being able to be used to get out Roargon if put in the MMZ, which can easily be done with the Fusion Monsters. Also indicates we will get at least a Trap for them too, so that's fun, probably will get some more support that allows them to get multiple out without Fusion Summoning first. I am confident that these will be able to work fairly well, not too powerful, but pretty good, and a Fusion/Link focused Archetype is something I was hoping for, and this one seems to be the first that can really pull that off.

IDK if top tier material but they look good already. 2 Prankids + Poly = 4 Prankids on board, with the chance of Toadally.

This latest member effectively trades itself for a 2-material Fusion at least, but I struggle to see a way for feasibly Summoning 2 Prankids to go into this as an opening play. Still, I guess it can replace Toadally when you don't end up with 2 Drops after the Rocket play, and getting their Quick-Play Fusion ought to be a good defensive play for the opponent's turn.

Also that doesn't ensure they will get a Trap yet, by the way. Nekroz of Clausolas can also search for Nekroz Traps and to this day they don't have such thing.

Can you guys please post it on a new thread instead in page 2 of a week old topic. Atleast add it to the op otherwise

Since this whole thing is because you threw a fit about consolidated topics, can you atleast go add them to the OP 

As for an EARTH Prankid in the MD... no? For, like, many reasons.

1. It doesn’t fit the very specific thing they’re based on, Planck Waves.
  2. The purple guy wouldn’t get a base form because he can’t even make House Butler, and it wouldn’t make sense for him to be a fusion sub.
  3. On top of that, he walks in on the Prankids doing their thing, gets sucked up, and becomes Butler, which requires fewer assumptions.
  4. There are 3 Fusion and 3 Link Slots. We know one per attribute, with pics of the FIRE and WIND links, an Orthtos and a Chicken.
  5. Their gimmick is sets of 3.
  6. Perhaps most importantly, there are no more maindeck slots.

Black and I are the only one who can actually do that, Winter (well, least on me because I made the thread in the first place). I added the new ones to OP (and well, as I didn't give thoughts on the new ones, I guess this is where opinions go).

Rocket: It's an IF target (same applies to Weather), so that makes it easier to get out than having to Fusion Summon using the Spell and w/e. Main thing is to just Tribute / float into other Prankids, so yeah.

Weather: I guess same thing as Rocket, barring the Armades thing. Don't think it'll really do much in the long run, but gotta look.

Dodole: Agreeing on this making the Fusion Spell a lot easier to get to, and well, making the Fusions in the first place. Other effect is good enough, I guess; gotta see what the rest of the supports do. 

DiyfKhKVQAEa_j-.jpg?w=1050&ssl=1

Prankids Bowwow

FIRE

Links: Right, Bottom

Pyro/Link/Effect

Materials: 2 “Prankids” monsters

“Prankids” monsters this card points to gains 1000 ATK. During your opponent’s turn (Quick Effect): You can tribute this card, then target 2 “Prankids” cards with different names in your GY, except Link Monsters; add them to your hand, also, “Prankids” monsters you control cannot be destroyed by your opponent’s effects this turn. You can only activate this effect of "Prankids Bowwow" once per turn.

ATK 2000 LINK-2

Seems like everything's coming in 3's with Prankids with Monsters, Fusions and Links.

Well, Black already pointed out that's their gimmick at the top of this page. Now we wait for the rest of the backrow to be shown. 

I guess the power bonus is nice and all if you really need to push over something (idk, I guess Rocket can push for 2K damage on its summon turn). Effect protection is also nice, but yeah. 

===

Gonna add this to the OP for ease of convenience.

artificially increases chances of opening 2+ kids, so it's pretty great. With 3 of each kid, this, terraforming, polymerization, and king of the swamp, you've got pretty good odds of doing rocket plays turn 1.

Attack increase and reduction are really just icing.

I... don’t think the field is actually outstanding tho

like yeah, it increases the chance of seeing dudes, so you’ll run it... but once you’ve found 2 dudes, you don’t need to find the third. The value of the card drops off quickly, even with the additional effects.

Now, multiples can be good in the context of using the Fusion during opp’s turn, but they’re still mostly dead advantage you would get from deck anyway.

It’s not enough to warrant Terraforming.

I wish we had Zoo back for this deck. They would appreciate searching Poly/Fusion Sub while making a Link 2.

I... don’t think the field is actually outstanding tho

like yeah, it increases the chance of seeing dudes, so you’ll run it... but once you’ve found 2 dudes, you don’t need to find the third. The value of the card drops off quickly, even with the additional effects.

Now, multiples can be good in the context of using the Fusion during opp’s turn, but they’re still mostly dead advantage you would get from deck anyway.

It’s not enough to warrant Terraforming.

I wish we had Zoo back for this deck. They would appreciate searching Poly/Fusion Sub while making a Link 2.

From my experience testing this deck before the fusion spell, I found the main fault to be that if you didn't open Poly and Kids, the deck was plain dead in the water. 9 copies just isn't quite enough when you typically want to open with more than one copy, and even when Instant Fusion can give you a "body", it just generally won't be as good.

I'm not exactly saying this card is stupendous. At the end of the day it's a Hangar that only grabs one copy overall. But, I'd say it's a card that's still pretty necessary for the deck to operate, because the consistency just isn't quite up there without it.

Of course, an option for making Terraforming more of a worthwhile target is to maybe go 3/1 with a copy of Fusion Recycling for the sake being able to grab something that makes the plays more consistent while simultaneously making it hurt a fair bit less when you open Terra with Kids/copies of the field. Or go 2/1 with the Prankid Field and Recycling, I dunno. Testing might tell.

EDIT:

I wanted to add that, at first, I thought the stat-mod effects didn't really offer much (generic +/-500 is nice but not something to actively strive for), but then I realized they activate in the same chain as the on-summon effects and the grave effects, which is a really nice cherry on the top for screwing over some handtraps and on-field negations.

EI0iDbT.png?ssl=1

Prankinds Prank

Continuous Spell Card

Discard 1 “Prankids” card from your hand; Special Summon 1 “Prankids Token” (Pyro/FIRE/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0), but you cannot Tribute this Token. During your End Phase: You can target 3 “Prankids” cards in your your GY except “Prankids Prank”; shuffle all 3 into the Deck, then draw 1 card. You can only activate each effect of "Prankids Prank" once per turn.

Prankids Super Scheme

Continuous Trap Card

During the Main Phase, you can: Immediately after this effect resolves, Link Summon 1 “Prankids” Link Monster using “Prankids” monsters you control as material. When a monster your opponent controls declares an attack: You can banish this card; return any number of “Prankids” cards in your GY to the Deck, and if you do, that attacking monster loses ATK until the end of the turn equal to the number of cards returned times 100. You can only activate each effect of "Prankids Super Scheme" once per turn.

Well, not exactly the way I was hoping to give them access to a Link Monster easily, but I suppose it's something. I guess with the Token, you can use one monster, Special Summon another from the Deck, then have access to 2 others that you use for a Fusion Summon, then you can use those for a Link-4 and during the End Phase you get to shuffle those back in the Deck and draw 1 card, which is not half bad I guess. As for the Trap, I don't know about it, they seem to want you to make monster in the opponent's turn if you can, which makes sense with their little monster count, so your hard OPT can be in the opponent's turn, making up for that, so if you can pull out a Link Monster as well as a Fusion Monster, that can be helpful, the other effect is again able to return cards and reduce the monster's ATK, which I guess can be used to stop an attack in case your opponent doesn't want to risk that, but it's rare that will be useful I feel.

The last two cards for them confirmed a bit what I was thinking they would be.  Deck recovery and a token generator.  I kind of thought they'd get some way to link summon during the opponent's turn too given their pension for doing stuff on the opponent's turn.  

Overall, not sure how this will play out for them until some thorough testing.    

I tested it a bit, and firstly i need to get my bias out of the way here and say I FRIGGING LOVE THESE GUYS.   Not only is their artwork adorable, but their play style fits their theme so well!  They truly do prank and pester the opponent by spamming stuff and recovering all over the place.  And the boss field wipers can be clutch when you know to use them.  

With that aside, the deck isn't without it's flaws.  You NEED to be able to open with a link or fusion summon turn one or this deck is dead in the water.  Also the low monster count in main deck is a real issue that can only be mitigated so much by the slow deck shuffling effects they got.  I do recommend 1 to 2 copies of that Thunder Dragon Fusion spell card, as it is ideal to get battle butler out in a pinch.  Also, I personally go with a hero lives into Prisma to start up something without wasting a normal just yet

Overall, they're a fun gimmicky deck, but of course don't quite match up with the meta.  

Given that Battle Butler has specifics mats, would it even be worth using Fusion Conscription in spite of the shitty limitations it puts on the card you searched?

I would say no, since you're locked out of getting that monster the same turn with other kids' effects

Fusion Reserve and AHL/Prisma seem cute if nothing else.

They're really high quality cards which is interesting, they can do a looot of things in a turn but happily they only cycle themselves when they make their own bosses so you don't have the issues that Gouki has. Seems heavily reliant on opening Prank/Fusion spell but once you do you can do some pretty wild stuff.

Archived