[DBHS] Mayakashi

A series seemingly based off of infamous seductresses and demons.

DakkiShafu.png?resize=300%2C207&ssl=1

DBHS-JP027 Uruwashi no Mayakashi – Dakki (Beautiful Mayakashi – Dakki)
Level 2 FIRE Zombie Tuner Effect Monster
ATK 1000
DEF 0
(1) You can only control 1 “Beautiful Mayakashi – Dakki”.
(2) When a “Mayakashi” monster is Special Summoned from the Extra Deck to your side of the field while this card is in your GY: You can Special Summon this card, but for the rest of this turn, you cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck, except “Mayakashi” monsters.

DBHS-JP028 Wadachi no Mayakashi – Shafu (Rickshaw Mayakashi – Shafu)
Level 3 EARTH Zombie Effect Monster
ATK 1200
DEF 400
You can only use the first effect of this card’s name.
(1) If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can target 1 “Mayakashi” monster in your GY, except “Rickshaw Mayakashi – Shafu”; Special Summon that monster in Defense Position, but its effects are negated.
(2) You cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck, except “Mayakashi” monsters.

YoukoYukionna.png?resize=300%2C207&ssl=1

DBHS-JP035 Uruwashi no Mayakashi – Youko (Beautiful Mayakashi – Youko)
Level 9 FIRE Zombie Synchro Effect Monster
ATK 2900
DEF 2400
Materials: 1 Tuner + 1+ non-Tuner monsters
You can only use the (2)nd and (3)rd effect of this card’s name once per turn.
(1) You can only control 1 “Beautiful Mayakashi – Youko”.
(2) If a Synchro Monster you control whose original Level is 11 is destroyed by your opponent’s effect while this card is in the GY: You can banish 1 other Zombie monster from your GY; Special Summon this card.
(3) If this card is Special Summoned from the GY: You can destroy 1 monster your opponent controls.

DBHS-JP037 Tsurara no Mayakashi – Yukionna (Icicle Mayakashi – Yukionna)
Link 2 WATER Zombie Link Effect Monster
ATK 1900
Links: Bottom Left, Bottom Right
Materials: 2 “Mayakashi” monsters
You can only use the (3)rd effect of this card;s name once per turn.
(1) You can only control 1 “Icicle Mayakashi – Yukionna”.
(2) If this card points to a Synchro Monster, your opponent cannot target this card for an attack.
(3) While this card is in a Monster Zone, if a Synchro Monster you control is destroyed (by battle or by card effect): You can target 1 face-up monster on the field; halve that monsters’s ATK and DEF until the end of this turn.

Note: Tsurara can otherwise mean Heartbreak. The pun is obviously, intentional.

346_20180711065123_Mvf6KKDSB81fqP0kkRmnt

DBHS-JP038 Mayakashi Kaiten (Mayakashi Revolt)
Normal Spell Card
You can only activate a card with this card’s name once per turn.
(1) Take 1 “Mayakashi” card from your Deck, except “Mayakashi Revolt”, and either add it to your hand or send it to the Graveyard.

DBHS-JP039 Mayakashi Henjou (Return of the Mayakashi)
Normal Trap Card
You can only activate a card with this card’s name once per turn, also you cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck during the turn in which you activate this card, except “Mayakashi” monsters.
(1) Discard 1 card, then target 1 of your “Mayakashi” monsters that is in the GY or banished; Special Summon it, and if you do, it cannot be targeted by your opponent’s effects during this turn.

DiTvcxJVAAAJ-8H.jpg

DBHS-JP029 翼の魔妖-波旬 Tsubasa no Mayakashi – Hajun (Winged Mayakashi – Hajun)

Level 1 WIND Zombie Effect Monster

ATK 600

DEF 400

You can only use the (1)st effect of this card’s name once per turn.

(1) If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: you can Special Summon 1 “Mayakashi” monster from your Deck, except “Winged Mayakashi – Hajun”.

(2) You cannot Special Summon monsters from your Extra Deck, except “Mayakashi” monsters.

gXStkGr.png?ssl=1

Poison Mayakashi – Tsukahagi
Level 2 EARTH
Zombie/Tuner/Effect
You can only control 1 “Poison Mayakashi – Tsukahagi”. If a “Mayakashi” monster is destroyed by battle or your opponent’s card effect while this card is in the GY: You can Special Summon this card from your GY, but for the rest of this turn, you cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck, except “Mayakashi” monsters.
ATK/0 DEF/2000

Corpse Mayakashi – Yasha
Level 5 DARK
Zombie/Effect
Discard another “Mayakashi” monster from your hand; Special Summon this card from your hand. You can only activate this effect of "Corpse Mayakashi – Yasha" once per turn. While this card is in a Monster Zone, you cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck, except “Mayakashi” monsters.
ATK/2000 DEF/0

t180727pb.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=165%2C240&

骸の魔妖-餓者髑髏 Mukuro no Mayakashi – Gashadokuro (Corpse Mayakashi – Gashadokuro)
Level 11 DARK Zombie Synchro Effect Monster
ATK 3300
DEF 2600
You can only use the (2) and (3) effects of this card’s name once per turn.
(1) You can only control 1 “Corpse Mayakashi – Gashadokuro”.
(2) If a Link Monster you control is destroyed by battle or by the effect of your opponent, while this card is in the GY: You can banish 1 other Zombie monster from your GY, and if you do, Special Summon this card.
(3) If this card is Special Summoned from the GY, You can activate this effect: During this turn, this face-up card is unaffected by the effects of other cards.

t180727pd.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=120%2C175&

翼の魔妖-天狗 Tsubasa no Mayakashi – Tengu (Winged Mayakashi – Tengu)
Level 7 WIND Zombie Synchro Effect Monster
ATK 2600
DEF 1500
(1) You can only control 1 “Winged Mayakashi – Tengu”.
(2) If a Synchro monster you control whose original Level is 9 is destroyed by battle or by the effect of your opponent, while this card is in the GY: You can banish 1 other Zombie monster from your GY, and if you do, Special Summon this card.
(3) If this card is Special Summoned from the GY, you can activate this effect: Destroy 1 Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls.

t180727pe.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=120%2C175&

毒の魔妖-土蜘蛛 Doku no Mayakashi – Tsuchigumo (Poison Mayakashi – Tsuchigumo)
Level 5 EARTH Zombie Synchro Effect Monster
ATK 2000
DEF 1800
(1) You can only control 1 “Poison Mayakashi – Tsuchigumo”.
(2) If a Synchro monster you control whose original Level is 7 is destroyed by battle or by the effect of your opponent, while this card is in the GY: You can banish 1 other Zombie monster from your GY, and if you do, Special Summon this card.
(3) If this card is Special Summoned from the GY, you can activate this effect: Send the top 3 cards of each player’s Deck to the GY.

t180727pf.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=120%2C175&

轍の魔妖-朧車 Wadachi no Mayakashi – Oboroguruma (Rickshaw Mayakashi – Oboroguruma)
Level 3 EARTH Zombie Synchro Effect Monster
ATK 800
DEF 2100
(1) You can only control 1 “Rickshaw Mayakashi – Oboroguruma”.
(2) If a Synchro monster you control whose original Level is 5 is destroyed by battle or by the effect of your opponent, while this card is in the GY: You can banish 1 other Zombie monster from your GY, and if you do, Special Summon this card.
(3) If this card is Special Summoned from the GY, you can activate this effect: During this turn, monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle.

https://ygorganization.com/letshopeitsbetterthanhakyuhoshinengi/

https://ygorganization.com/atenguleadsthecharge/

They have potential, their tuner works with needlefiber and afterwards allows both link and synchro laddering in her own archtype.

The level 9 Synchro sounds cool as well, though it appears to be unpleasant to get out, then again it shows that their focus is to ladder with it.

Their own E-Call/Foolish Burial sounds good.

There is definitely potential.

The Level 3 sounds slow, the link only good because of its name and the trap is awful.

I do like how Youko is a generic Synchro, but the only thing you get out of it from running it outside Zombies is just blowing up a monster. Probably will get an in-archetype Level 11 too, since only target for it right now is literally Star Eater.

Dakki is alright, I suppose (yeah, probably going to be triggering off what you ladder her into from Youko; guess we'll find out later)

Shafu seems okay for now, but need to wait until the whole archetype is revealed before I can give a better analysis of it. 

Yuki-onna literally only works in this Deck, so...mostly reliant on Youko/whatever the supposed 11 is called to do much. 

Revolt is good.

Return is iffy; protection is nice though, but still a Trap Card and being locked out of non-archetypal ED sucks. Might not be too bad depending on other stuff, or probably remain same.

Out of the archetypes in Hidden Summoners, I think I like this one the best. 

What is the point of Icicle Mayakashi – Yukionna even having a clause of only one on the field? Seems like they wanted to make these Shiranui support, but then made something else, and they cannot really be used together all that well either. It is nice that there is a Synchro and Link crossover now though, yeah some have had Tuners and older Synchro Decks have had support, but not an original one yet really, and using Zombies is probably a good idea, since more Zombie Synchros are appreciated from me. As for how they play, too few members right now, we don't even know the Level 11 Synchro, so who knows what that is about. I do like that it's high Level Synchro focused, that is fun. Don't know about the theme here, overtly Japanese themed ones that I can't even begin to remember always makes me less interested.

DiTvcxJVAAAJ-8H.jpg?resize=300%2C211&ssl

DBHS-JP029 翼の魔妖-波旬 Tsubasa no Mayakashi – Hajun (Winged Mayakashi – Hajun)
Level 1 WIND Zombie Effect Monster
ATK 600
DEF 400
You can only use the (1)st effect of this card’s name once per turn.
(1) If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: you can Special Summon 1 “Mayakashi” monster from your Deck, except “Winged Mayakashi – Hajun”.
(2) You cannot Special Summon monsters from your Extra Deck, except “Mayakashi” monsters.

Note: Hajun happens to be the name of the lord of demons in the sixth heavenly realm of the world of desires in Japanese Buddhist

cosmological thought. Effectively he is equivalent to the Buddhist concepts of Pāpīyas and Mara, both beings who are the embodiment of the concept of desire and illusion that distract a Buddhist from concentrating on enlightenment and thus Nirvana, allowing themselves to escape the cycle of suffering caused by karma.

Between this card and Dakki, the Mayakashi seem to be naming themselves after beings that tempt and undermine and corrupt.

I like how this one doesn't negate the effects, despite grabbing something from the Deck. Yeah, I realize that Shafu can grab a Synchro Monster too, but still feels stupid that you can just grab from the Deck. At the very least they thought about tool boxing, and made it so you can't Special Summon non-Mayakashi, so no Needlefiber for you.

Quick question: Does Dakki have to already be in the GY when another Maya is summoned to SS itself? Or can it trigger when it itself is used as material?

If you can break an opponent's board, something like Creature Swap or something might be silly in this deck just because it'd lock your opponent out of their Extra Deck.

Now that I think on it, the lock effect is its own effect. It isn't a condition or part of the monsters' SS effect, so if you can negate the monsters' effects, you'd be able to use 'em for anything. I think. (correct me if I'm wrong)

Gonna have to see more ED monsters before we see how the deck is really gonna function though.

Quick question: Does Dakki have to already be in the GY when another Maya is summoned to SS itself? Or can it trigger when it itself is used as material?

If you can break an opponent's board, something like Creature Swap or something might be silly in this deck just because it'd lock your opponent out of their Extra Deck.

Now that I think on it, the lock effect is its own effect. It isn't a condition or part of the monsters' SS effect, so if you can negate the monsters' effects, you'd be able to use 'em for anything. I think. (correct me if I'm wrong)

Gonna have to see more ED monsters before we see how the deck is really gonna function though.

It should work as sending the materials and the actual summon of the Synchro/Link happens right afterwards, meaning it should already be finished moving to that position before its condition (the ED summon) is met.

intro3_image.png?ssl=1

There are three more lower Level Synchros, but text is way too small to read. With this, we are only missing Level 2, 4 and 11 and 12 for Zombies, and we are most likely getting a Level 11. I am glad that it seems like they directly wanted to make these different from the other Zombie Synchros.

intro3_image.png?ssl=1

There are three more lower Level Synchros, but text is way too small to read. With this, we are only missing Level 2, 4 and 11 and 12 for Zombies, and we are most likely getting a Level 11. I am glad that it seems like they directly wanted to make these different from the other Zombie Synchros.

I thought Tengu would be Level 11 tho

gXStkGr.png?ssl=1

Poison Mayakashi – Tsukahagi

Level 2 EARTH

Zombie/Tuner/Effect

You can only control 1 “Poison Mayakashi – Tsukahagi”. If a “Mayakashi” monster is destroyed by battle or your opponent’s card effect while this card is in the GY: You can Special Summon this card from your GY, but for the rest of this turn, you cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck, except “Mayakashi” monsters.

ATK/0 DEF/2000

Corpse Mayakashi – Yasha

Level 5 DARK

Zombie/Effect

Discard another “Mayakashi” monster from your hand; Special Summon this card from your hand. You can only activate this effect of "Corpse Mayakashi – Yasha" once per turn. While this card is in a Monster Zone, you cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck, except “Mayakashi” monsters.

ATK/2000 DEF/0

Wait a moment, does Poison Mayakashi – Tsukahagi not have a OPT clause and it doesn't care if another copy of itself is destroyed? That seems off, because that is basically infinite protect.

Corpse Mayakashi – Yasha is okay I suppose, getting something in the GY can be useful, and a higher Level monster will make it easier to make Synchros, can make the Level 7 easily, though still wish we knew what the other Synchros were about.

It still has the "can only control 1 clause", but yeah, I suppose you can still trigger off another copy and summon it. May need to read the text again to be certain (or after YGOrganization double checks stuff).

====

Iffy about Tsukahagi being reactive to an opponent's card, but in light of the above, this is probably going to be a good run. 

Yasha makes going into Level 7 a little easier, I suppose, however I'm not fond of the archetypal ED lock while it exists on the field.

Still waiting for the identities of all the other Synchro bosses in here minus Youko, but suppose that'll be saved for later.

Wait a moment, does Poison Mayakashi – Tsukahagi not have a OPT clause and it doesn't care if another copy of itself is destroyed? That seems off, because that is basically infinite protect.

Corpse Mayakashi – Yasha is okay I suppose, getting something in the GY can be useful, and a higher Level monster will make it easier to make Synchros, can make the Level 7 easily, though still wish we knew what the other Synchros were about.

It is questionable if that is even desirable, given how their line-up relies on laddering and the level 9 already being a card that wants to end up in the grave, kind of hints at the level 3 and 5 having graveyard effects as well, which you are just missing out on, beyond that that play requires the level 5, a discard and dakki (the initial level 2 tuner), while the level 1 that can pull dakki from the deck is a "1-card" level 11 synchro that ladders through all of them and also gets dakki onto the field.

I guess Yasha's purpose is to create immediate setup for Shafu and allow to also get out their own link monster Yukionna, which is somewhat mediocre for this kind of investment.

Yasha sounds really bad (for now).

The new Tuner does sound like fun though, being a 2k wall that protects each time one of their monsters gets destroyed and depending on how the unrevealed Synchros work the graveyard setup for this monster might be "free".

That second tuner sounds like it could be ok to good.

Unconfirmed Synchros: https://ygorganization.com/gashadokuroseemstobeespeciallyinvisible/

Well, I see what the gimmick is now, with Beautiful Mayakashi – Dakki and Poison Mayakashi – Tsukahagi not having OPT restrictions, the idea is that you use them Dakki to make each monster with until you get the highest Level, then should that one be destroyed, you get to pull out the lower one, as well as getting Tsukahagi, and then you can just make the higher one again. Interesting playstyle, the only problem is that the Synchros aren't super remarkable, I get why, since they are so easy to make, but they lack punch, and if disrupted, you're kind of screwed. Of course, you have a lot of Zombie support that can help with that, and their Main Deck monsters are fairly fast in getting themselves out, so I can see some potential, but I don't think they will take the world by storm.

Do multiple lower level ones go off in the gy if one of the higher levels get destroyed? The wording confuses me, as it's similar to the Prankids and how they all go off in a chain when used for the see fusion/link summon.

You can only control 1 of them, so that would be a no.

As for the confirmed cards, it's interesting that all of them are generic, that helps a lot since you can throw in a lot of generic Tuners and what not, a lot of Synchro Decks have restrictions these days, so seeing that is nice. It's still sad that they aren't the best out there, but I understand that because of their playstyle being "spam every single one until you reach the 3300 monster" can be a risky idea, I want to somewhat compare them to Zoodiacs in using the Extra Deck in such a manner, so they want to risk that as little as possible. The fact that they do have such an easy ability to revive themselves, along with their Link Monster being useful for its effect can also help a lot, they don't have the most offensive playstyle, but their defense can be pretty decent.

each mayakashi names a different specific level.

You can have multiple copies, your are not forced to go for the chain only once.

If you add monster reborn or survivors of the world legacy etc you can just revive one of the synchros and use the tuner that you still have left to do it a second time, question is only why would you summon the level 3,5 or 7 again if they are bad to mediocre and only good at 1.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived