Reptilianne Support I Made For A Contest.

Inti

For a fix, a bad archetype contest in a Yugioh disocrd I choose Reptilianne due to reptiles being my favorite type,liking myth based monsters, and one of the least supported types in Yu-Gi-Oh. The rules where you had to fix one of the selected bad archetypes with only 6 cards and one of the cards had be a field spell (Unless you where fixing B.E.S which in that case you only had to do 5 cards). The cards were judged by synergy, power, balance, and sticking with the archetypes play style. The choices were any of the archetypes featured in Legacy of The Worthless YT series done by RANK10YUGIOH (except Worms). According to the judge, I did make to the final 4 which is a first time for me tin a card creating contest that was my first one.

The cards and thoughts on them?

Reptilianne Echidna

Level 4

Dark Reptile Effect

ATK 1800 DEF 1300

During the turn this card was Normal Summoned, you can Normal Summon 1 “Reptilianne” monster in additional to your Normal Summon/Set. Once per turn you can make the ATK of your opponent’s face-up attack position become 0 equal to the number of “Reptilianne” monsters you control excluding “Reptilianne Echidna”.

Reptilianne Ouroboros

Level 4

Dark Reptile Tuner Effect

ATK 0 DEF 2000

This card cannot be destroyed by battle. The ATK of any monster that attacked this card becomes 0.Once per turn you can select one monster with 0 ATK and take control of it until the end phase. If this is in your GY you can banish it to special summon one Reptilianne monster from your deck or GY.

Reptilianne Crest 

Spell Card

You can add a “Reptilianne” card from your deck to your hand except “Reptilianne Crest”.If a “Reptilianne” monster you control would be destroyed by battle or card effect you can banish this card to banish this card instead. You can only use the effect of “Reptilianne Crest” once per turn.

Reptilianne Sanctuary

Field Spell

All monsters on the opponent's side of the field become Reptile Monsters and if they have 0 ATK their effects are negated.

If you have a “Reptilianne” monster on the field your opponent must attack it if possible. You take no damage involving a "Reptilianne" monster.

Reptilianne Jormungand

Lv 8

Dark Reptile Synchro Effect

ATK 2800 DEF 1500

1 “Reptilianne” Tuner + 1 or more non tuner monster.

When this card is Synchro Summoned you can target Spells/Traps on the field, up to the number of monsters that have 0 ATK that your opponent controls. Destroy them.

Reptilianne Quetzalcoatl

Dark Reptile Effect Link 2

2 Reptile Monsters or 2 Monsters with 0 attack.

Bottom Left and Bottom Right

ATK 1500

Once per turn during either player's turn you can select one monster on the field and its attack become 0 with its effect. If it is in defense position switch it to attack position. When this card is destroyed by battle or card effect you can select Monster on the field and make its attack 0, then select one "Reptilianne" card from your deck or graveyard and add it to your hand.

These look pretty good and I like that you're sticking to the emphasis on making monsters' atks zero. There are some typos (on Reptillianne Crest and I think Jormungand) but that's not important lol. These are really good supports that honestly would help carry an underrated archetype. Reptilianne Echidna seems a little OP but making it semi limited would help balance that out.

These look pretty good and I like that you're sticking to the emphasis on making monsters' atks zero. There are some typos (on Reptillianne Crest and I think Jormungand) but that's not important lol. These are really good supports that honestly would help carry an underrated archetype. Reptilianne Echidna seems a little OP but making it semi limited would help balance that out.

Thanks. Whoops, my bad on Crest and now that I think about it Jormungand is worded weirdly I fixed that luckily the judge was not super strict lol. Yeah Echidna is a bit op I guess but I feel like it is needed considering the deck has no swarming power and a instant Medusa for anyone that wants to use that. At most it will hit 2-3 monsters on average with the effect against most deck unless you face a really slow deck. Though maybe I should change it to only hitting two monsters max since Soul Charge and Reptilianne Spawn exist.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived