GFET 4 Match 1-36

Soleil taking after her father  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Soleil vs Grima, Male

• Soleil (FE14)
    • Grima, Male (FE13)

I think Grima has a more intriguing backstory, but it's also rather undeveloped in Awakening itself, and you need either speculation from the artbook, or Shadows of Valentia, to really get much to latch onto. Grima is more of a weapon for Validar than a character unto themselves, though I admittedly like the idea of Grima possessing Robin. I guess it's more that they're a boss I'll be happy to fight, but not a character I'm going to be overly invested in.

Though this match-up is a little fun for me personally, given how I ship Robin!Severa with Inigo, so I do have a lot of affection for Soleil. My main problem is how they went with the idea of her just being a genderswapped Inigo, but I think that does lead to situations where you can appreciate her on her own. Soleil gets more room for development in her supports, so I'm voting for her on that.

Voting for Grima hell yesh!

I was fascinated with the concept of Grima as a character and overtaking Robin as soon as they announced the Fallen banner in Heroes.

ngl, i'd rather vote for FEMALE Grima, considering she has more development thanks to Heroes, but... I just think Soleil is poorly handled.

What do you mean? I'm curious about this. I would think they have about the same development: F!Grima has her Legendary battle, while M!Grima was the boss of the Fallen TT so in appearances they should be equal, or what am I missing? Unless you take into consideration hints like M!Morgan's "Grima's Truth" tome.

TIME FOR MOD ABUSE BECAUSE I JUST REMEMBERED I DID NOT REPLY TO THIS WHOO

@@Darj

Female Grima has very interesting lines in Heroes, which give her a lot of depth. Male Grima feels a bit more like he's just angry for the most part, but Female is... almost melancholy. Like she's accepted her lot in life, even if she doesn't like it. Like she wishes it wasn't the case.

Both have interesting facets, but Female Grima stands out.

Archived