Triangulum Star Dragon Astrologia

Thomas★Zero

enk02.png

So Astrologia is a Special Pendulum Monster that effect focuses around a triangle formation where if its in the centre Main Monster Zone and you have 2 Pendulum Cards in Pendulum zones the card itself gets a big boost while if this is in the Pendulum Zone this card can provide your other Monsters with a massive boost instead.

In Pendulum Decks this card can be a handy powerhouse card where if this card is summoned to the centre zone and you get 2 other Pendulums out you can have this as a 4000 beat stick which is unaffected by your opponents effects and can inflict piercing damage.

Edit: Made it so you control only 1 copy on the field at a time and its Pendulum effect apply to the Monster in the Centre Main Zone.

I like the idea, however this sounds a bit too good, given that it is an easy recurring 4k monster that adds complete effect immunity to both itself and the poles required to summon it back.

As for the Pendulum effect ... this sounds even more dangerous, given that this also applies to blancket negation monsters like Odd-Eyes Vortex etc, I suggest at least changing that to only affect Pendulum monsters.

The idea behind it is actually interesting and somewhat refreshing, given that this is designed to repressent a head on charge with high Level (8+) Pendulum plays.

So, if you have this monster in the center Main Monster Zone and 2 more copies in your Pendulum Zones, you'd have a 6000 ATK that can't be destroyed by battle or card effects, is immune to card effects, and inflicts piercing. 

I may not be very invested in the current metagame, and the above example is probably very unlikely to happen, but this card seems a little too good. I would include some other form of restriction on its effect, such as the monster effect only working if it was Pendulum Summoned and the Pendulum Effect only working on Pendulum monsters (as suggested in the above comment)

What have you actually changed? I can't see anything. Spaz' issue is still there, although it wouldn't be easy for you to have 2 of these in your Pendulum Zone while Summoning another; even so, just focusing on having 1 in your Pendulum Zone leads a 5k beater with all of those added benefits. It's far too easy. Even with its just main effect, its a 4k beater that's unaffected by all other cards or effects assuming you Pendulum Summon it.

Archived