Photo

Light Novel Reading Thread

Light Novels Too Animanga connected LN Light Novel

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Poll: Favorite LN anime adaptation? (2 member(s) have cast votes)

Summer 2018

1. How NOT to Summon a Demon Lord (Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu) (2 votes [100.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. Overlord III (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Seven Senses of the Re'Union (Shichisei no Subaru) (0 votes [0.00%])

4. The Master of Ragnarok & Blesser of Einherjar (Hyakuren no Haou to Seiyaku no Valkyria) (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

Nicο

Nicο

🎧 Do I look assertive? 🎧

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,390 posts
    Last Visit
  • Alias:Nico
  • Spouse:Desu
So I've been trying to think about how I could get this to not go the way it went last time, with no one replying even though it seems like LNs have never been bigger in the western world (plz tell me there's someone here that currently partakes)... how about (on top of me making a status or 12 once it falls off the recent topics) I just try some 'quick' thoughts on a bit of what I just read (spoiler tagged, of course, and others can do the same). Won't make a long list this time. Also thought of a fun little seasonal poll that could work with a general LN thread.

The Master of Ragnarok & Blesser of Einherjar Volume 3 Part 7 (starts chapter 5)

Hachimitcher-Lemon

Hachimitcher-Lemon

His Mitcher's Ship

• Back Alley Alliance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts
    Last Visit Oct 14 2018 02:53 AM
  • Alias:Mitcher

I was at a store the other day when I saw the cover for Shichisei no Subaru. It looked pretty interesting and I might look into it later.

I guess, the only light novel I'm super interested in right now is How Vivi Lane Fell in Love. I read about it https://frogkun.com/...-falls-in-love/ and it seems really interesting, although I don't think I have the ability to read it yet. Unless it's translated somewhere.

BOYS, BE AMBITIOUS!

Posted Image

Nicο

Nicο

🎧 Do I look assertive? 🎧

• Topic Starter
  • Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,390 posts
    Last Visit
*looks on Novel Updates*

Geh. Subaru only has the prologue translated, so it's really the only one this season without an English translation. This premise and what I've seen of the anime, I just know I'd wanna see more. 

Nicο

Nicο

🎧 Do I look assertive? 🎧

• Topic Starter
  • Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,390 posts
    Last Visit
Infinite Stratos volume 3 part 7 (most of chapter 3, start of chapter 4)

Azure Wolf

Azure Wolf

"It's time to end this!"

• Water Blue
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
    Last Visit 25 minutes ago
  • Discord:Azure#6792
  • Alias:Azure Wolf
  • Spouse:Shigure

Well been reading through Tsuki Tsuki again. So, may as well put down thoughts, which may be remembered incorrectly.

Tsuki Tsuki.

YCM Card (By Nyx)

Nicο

Nicο

🎧 Do I look assertive? 🎧

• Topic Starter
  • Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,390 posts
    Last Visit

So I read Kokoro Connect volume 1 part 7 (starts chapter 9), and it reminded me of how little I've actually read LNs until J-Novel Club became a thing. Being that fast with much better translations than I've ever read before, to me as someone who's always wanted to get into reading more Japanese novels, it seems like the best subscription service I've ever come across, and their app should be updating with dark/sepia modes and such soon, too. But enough about that, time to take my interest back in time quite a bit...

Now, there really isn't nearly enough different compared to the anime, and this is 1 of the few LNs I already read a volume of in fan translations, but it also reminded me of the 1 volume of Haganai I read. There was a chapter where they were writing for a play or something, can't remember the complete details, but... Yozora wrote about a certain something I shall not name... if you know what I'm talking about, cool, but it's just, I know that that's why that chapter never got adapted into the anime. 

Now, there has been one I read since then, just couldn't wait for a license and even though it wasn't the best fan TL I've read, was able to get through 3 volumes quite easily. Would really like to get back to more too... That would be... Eromanga Sensei (I did get through a bit more than that of Hyouka way back when, though). In case no one is wondering, the end of V3 was definitely not in the anime, so I'm guessing V4 is the start of completely new material.

Nicο

Nicο

🎧 Do I look assertive? 🎧

• Topic Starter
  • Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,390 posts
    Last Visit
In Another World With My Smartphone V10 P3 (non-anime territory)

Outbreak Company V5 P7 (non-anime territory)

Nicο

Nicο

🎧 Do I look assertive? 🎧

• Topic Starter
  • Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,390 posts
    Last Visit
Amagi Brilliant Park V1 P7

Infinite Stratos V3 P8 FINAL

Nicο

Nicο

🎧 Do I look assertive? 🎧

• Topic Starter
  • Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,390 posts
    Last Visit
The Master of Ragnarok & Blesser of Einherjar Volume 3 Part 8
So here we are with the misdirection. Good thing he mentioned what it's actually used for, but pulling out the Kuroko reference, freaking nice. And I never liked that Bruno guy, good on Sigrún and Yuuto for telling him off.

In Another World With My Smartphone V10 P4

Nicο

Nicο

🎧 Do I look assertive? 🎧

• Topic Starter
  • Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,390 posts
    Last Visit
I Saved Too Many Girls and Caused the Apocalypse: Volume 10 Part 1

In Another World With My Smartphone: Volume 10 Part 5

Nicο

Nicο

🎧 Do I look assertive? 🎧

• Topic Starter
  • Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,390 posts
    Last Visit
Amagi Brilliant Park: Volume 1 Part 9

Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash level.11 That Time, We Each Dreamed on Our Own Paths Part 2 (WELL PAST anime territory)

Nicο

Nicο

🎧 Do I look assertive? 🎧

• Topic Starter
  • Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,390 posts
    Last Visit
Gear Drive volume 1
Female lead. Spunky QT. Seeing all these ways the author makes this type of 'magic' useful has been pretty entertaining on its own. Adorably sweet family moments. Seems a lot like Black Clover at first (well, especially towards the end, actually), only at least this actually is some sort of magic, I think anyone who even remotely knows about Black Clover knows Asta has none. That, and in this length of time, there's no way Anti yelled anywhere near as much as Asta did.

Very solid first volume, quite promising. This is all that has been released so far, even in Japan, but I do hope for an anime down the line. As long as it is actually successful... Ah. Since the color images in LNs are usually such spoilers, I really hope I get to see a certain character actually drawn once I can buy this volume, I'll use one of my lingering credits for sure.

The Master of Ragnarok & Blesser of Einherjar: Volume 3 Part 10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users