Black Sun Rising [Interest Check/Looking for Co-Host]

*pending fancy logo*

Alright lads here's the sitrep; I know I'm me and I don't have the best rep in YCM when it comes RPs, but. With my schedule being a lot more flexible now I have confidence in myself being able to see this RP through to the end, or at least, until everyone else drops it. So I hope you guys will give me a chance and join me in this pet project of mine, and have lots of fun together. 

So! That aside.

Black Sun Rising is a Action Adventure Shounen RP set in a post-apocalyptic world, with heavy undertones of rebelling against higher powers. There's superpowers, advanced RWBY-esque weaponry and technology and fights against kaiju, as well as a focus on character development and group dynamics. It's wonderfully edgy and chuunibyou, just as you'd expect from a shounen RP. 

[spoiler=Basic premise]

It is year 321 in the Galathean calendar. The world population has been reduced to a mere 700 million, less than 10% of what it used to be, all living on a floating continent, 3 kilometers above sea level known as Galathea. 

350 years ago, humanity was prosperous. Tensions between warring nations reached an all time low and world peace seemed promising, and at the same time, poverty is slowly being eradicated globally. The world seemed to head to a promising future, until one day 'It' appeared. The Black Sun, Solaris. It appeared in the horizon out of nowhere and engulfed the sky. Where it came from was unknown. Whether it was supernatural in origin or not, nobody knows. A seemingly omnipotent being so powerful and strong one can only call it God. It erased humans, though. Near enough all of them. 

It spawned numerous beasts and creatures, the biggest ones dwarfing even the advanced skyscrapers of humanity. The world banded together and round up all its ammunition and weaponry to fight it, but for naught. 95% of humanity was killed, and the remaining 5% only survived because Solaris stopped. This period of conflict became known as 'The Lost War', so named because it was doomed to end in humanity's loss from the start. 

The few hundred million who survived were put to sleep, and when they woke up, they were in a safe place. A heavenly plain stretching as far as the eye can see. Solaris stripped part of the planet for resources and created a floating continent for the remainder of humanity to flourish. 

Three hundred and odd years pass, and thus marked the birth of a new era in humanity. Superpowered individuals were born, each possessing a distinct black marking somewhere in their body. These individuals possess powers that were seemingly supernatural, ranging from superspeed, to gravity manipulation, to even incredibly specific ones, such as projectile redirection. As the black sun continued to loom over the horizon of mankind, will these blessed individuals destroy the 'evil' in their sky, or will they uncover humanity's darkest sins?

You are one of these individuals, and you will band together with other individuals like you in humanity's last stand against Solaris. Will you 'save' the world? Does the world need 'saving'?

GDoc Link to lorebook (incomplete): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CkUn4vlYVO10qCF-DobO3fgcAGHpBRW9-e4jUxAVzNE/edit?usp=sharing

As the title says, I'm looking for a cohost. Once we get enough heads and a cohost we'll start work on getting the OOC up as soon as possible.

Reading more specifics in regards from the lore link, sounds like a bit of Destiny is in this as well...well that's the parallel I'm drawing between Solaris and the Traveler from Destiny...might just be me reading WAAAAAY too much into it XD At the same time, I'm also sensing some God Eater vibes from this too...and I haven't even played that game/watched that anime xD

....as you can't tell, I'm pretty interested in this concept atm.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so super late on this but the lorebook is being worked on and should be updated shortish, the lack of a cohost is really getting in the way of me putting anything done because I keep writing something down then deleting it cuz it looks sheet.

But uh, how would you guys feel if the RP is turned into a discord RP to get more people involved? Because rn there's only like, 4 of us and that's not enough for what I was planning.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so super late on this but the lorebook is being worked on and should be updated shortish, the lack of a cohost is really getting in the way of me putting anything done because I keep writing something down then deleting it cuz it looks sheet.

But uh, how would you guys feel if the RP is turned into a discord RP to get more people involved? Because rn there's only like, 4 of us and that's not enough for what I was planning.

Late reply, but I am interested in a discord RP. I've been lookimg for joining one for a while.

Archived