[Written] Roid Link: but why

Dova

Automaroid
LIGHT | Link 2 | Machine/Link/Effect | 1500
SE - W

2 Machine monsters with different names

Once per turn: You can discard 1 card; Special Summon 1 "roid" Machine monster from your Deck, also you cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck, except Fusion Monsters, for the rest of the turn. If a Machine monster you control is attacked by an opponent's monster, it gains 1000 ATK during damage calculation only. If a card is added to your hand while this card is in your GY: You can shuffle 1 card from your hand into your Deck; Special Summon this card from your GY. You can only use this effect of "Automaroid" once per turn.

Someone suggested I make roid support, so here you go. Problem with it is that Speedroid is now a thing, so Fusion restriction go on its main effect. Roids might struggle with the materials while pure, but getting 2 machines with some sort of engine shouldn't be hard. Sky Strikers, mayhaps, but it might not be worth it. ATK effect is supposed to be flavourful to go with their defensive nature, at least, what I see as their defensive nature, and both activating effects are meant to work with the basic Ambulanceroid/Expressroid combo.

don't hold back

Even if you do have to factor in Speedroids, only thing they get out of this card's restriction is making Pair Cycroid if they can actually summon it (the WIND restriction on Taketomborg, etc. notwithstanding). But then again, they're the ones who can feasibly make this card without much issue, even if Terrortop is still on the list. The effects of this card are fine and do make Vehicroids slightly better, however most of them are bad nowadays, barring Express/Ambulance (would've been nice if Armoroid didn't need to be Tribute Summoned to gain its effect) and they haven't aged well. I guess you could run a slight Speedroid engine here (well, wouldn't really be called one since Speedroids are just a subclass), but up to you as a player to figure out something doable that doesn't interfere with your Deck's idea.

The ATK gain during the Battle Phase is kinda slow and from my understanding, battle oriented effects aren't as good nowadays, but suppose it's decent enough to mitigate some damage. Might've been better if it had a Skyscraper type effect as well, but you would probably have to limit it to 'roids only (though they would appreciate any boosts they can get). Last effect is fine, though I don't think 'roids have their own searcher cards like Terrortop does for Speedroid. Yes, it will work on Expressroid returning stuff, but would be more efficient for them if they got a searcher (however that isn't your fault). 

Card should be fine on its own as a Machine Link, though I don't think Sky Strikers will care for this over their own Links and other viable ones have other options they'd want besides something that is battle reliant for the most part.

Archived