Goblin Ringmaster (Coaching is Over, Captivation is IN!)

Black D'Sceptyr

In need of someone to take over a cross-sport stable now that its original leader kinda went off to roll with the Different Dimension? NEVER FEAR, ANOTHER GOBLIN HAS ARRIVED! 

goblin_ringmaster_by_bdsceptyr-dcj21wx.p

[spoiler=Goblin Ringmaster: Info]

DARK/Fiend-Type Effect Monster/Level 4/2000 ATK/100 DEF

Lore: If this card is Normal or Special Summoned from the hand: You can discard 1 Fiend monster, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Goblin" or "Orc" Fiend monster from your Deck. When this card is Summoned: Switch the ATK/DEF of 1 monster you control. Once per turn, you can (Quick Effect): Target 1 other Fiend monster you control; equip this card to that target, OR; Unequip this card and Special Summon it. If the equipped monster's ATK, DEF, and/or battle position is changed, immediately destroy 1 monster on the field, also if it would be destroyed by battle or card effect, destroy this card instead.

NEW DARK UNION YAY but this time it helps fiends like Barnstoker helped Warriors and Mandy Slammer helping Zombies. This time, this card helps counteract the monsters' main disadvantages (Giant Orc and Goblin Elite Attack Force, especially); their often pressing "change to DEFENSE MODE" effects that so often leave them vulnerable. This flips the script by making it destroy 1 more monster if that happens or the odd Borreload ATK shift comes calling, BOOM goes the dynamite. 

An on-Summon effect that demands ATK/DEF switching will keep this card's insane ATK from being too too much for everyone else. And this time, the power is in your hands. Literally, in the Ringmaster's case.

Funny fact, this card can also Summon this pile of insanity. Find a way to get it to the opponent's Field, and shazam they're not Summoning unless that monster leaves. OH SUPER IBLEE HOW FICKLE CAN YOU BE?

Well, until the next card, reviews, revelry, you know the drill. 

BD'S, signing off.

Well I think it's a cool callback to all the Goblin and Orc cards that have very good ATK for their Level, but have some form of inhibition. Speaking of which, I was going to point out that it should have had something like that given its ATK. But I think switching its ATK with its DEF should suffice. Plus I like how changing Goblin Attack Force to Defense is not entirely a bad thing given this Union monster's effect. Attack your opponent and pop a monster. Though I'd say that if you make the effect target, you could change it from monster to card.

Archived