Slifer the Sky Dragon- Hydra Mode

Guest BGMCANN0N

Guest BGMCANN0N

Slifer the Sky Dragon- Hydra Mode
✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪ (Level 10)
[Divine-Beast/ Effect]
ATK/ ? DEF/ ?

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must  be Special Summoned by it's own effect. (Quick Effect): You can shuffle 1 "Slifer, the Sky Dragon" from your side of the field or GY into the Deck; Special Summon this card from your hand or GY. You can only use this effect of "Slifer the Sky Dragon- Hydra Mode" once per turn. Your opponent cannot target this card for attacks or by card effects. During the Draw Phase, while this card is face-up on the field, instead of conducting your normal draw: Draw 3 cards. You can return this card you control to your hand; Normal Summon 1 "Slifer the Sky Dragon" without Tributing, ignoring its Summoning conditions.

[spoiler=Support To]http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Slifer_the_Sky_Dragon

[spoiler=Concept]It is a "Winged Dragon of Ra - Sphere Mode" counterpart as I am sure some of you would agree it is silly that Ra is the only Egyptian God card that has different "modes". Name and theme wise it is loosely based on the idea of the mythological beast, Hydra, which is a serpentine creature with multiple heads that is known to regenerate back its heads upon decapitation. The idea is more revolved completetly around the "regenerating" back lost advantage rather than the multiple head aspect of hydra.

If I really wanted to go into the mythos behind Slifer, I don't recall anything about a hydra being associated with it (well, Osiris for that matter, but I don't want to dig deeper into mythology, so...)

Besides that, I guess it helps for getting free cards to boost Slifer's ATK and whatnot, but then it also requires you to actually have another Slifer in hand you can summon off this. IIRC no one runs multiples of the gods so you'll have to use Mound or something to grab original Slifer, then go into this.

Uh, let's see.

• Requires 3 Tributes to summon original Slifer (as you can't Sphere Mode it like Ra). You can still SS though to bypass it going to the GY at end of the turn, but yeah.
  • Shuffle it to summon THIS.
  • Survive 1 turn and hope you draw original Slifer
  • Tribute this, summon original with (hopefully) 3000 more ATK.

IDK, I'm not really seeing a lot of reason to run this when original Slifer (with all the nerfs Konami gave it from the anime in mind) still does a relatively okay job. At most, it just gets you an added 3 cards per turn in hand (which I guess isn't too bad).

Archived