Account Deletion

Guest KeyBladeSpartan

Question

7 answers to this question

Remembered this account a few days ago. Got a lot of dumb stuff on here from years ago. Could I get it deleted?

Are you sure this is what you want? Once it's deleted, there is no way to recover any of your cards, posts or whatever if you have a change of heart to come back. 

Please confirm this within the next 24 hours. 

Ideally, yes, but that's why I asked if he really wants to go through with it or not. I should give another day or so in case something happens tomorrow, but if he doesn't come back, it's probably going to be assumed that he does want it gone.

Honestly, I'd probably advise just requesting your account get banned or just leave it alone in case you do have a change of heart later on. Looking at his posts, they're all far back that search engines shouldn't pick it up (unless you are very specific). 

=====

We have a policy for requesting account bans if you really want it, but not so much for account deletion (given that's more drastic).

I am aware that there are some regulations in the EU (well, from Tormey's knowledge) that such deletion requests must be granted [not sure if the US or elsewhere has such measures]. But again, make sure you really want your account deleted before going through with it.

Ideally, yes, but that's why I asked if he really wants to go through with it or not. I should give another day or so in case something happens tomorrow, but if he doesn't come back, it's probably going to be assumed that he does want it gone.

Honestly, I'd probably advise just requesting your account get banned or just leave it alone in case you do have a change of heart later on. Looking at his posts, they're all far back that search engines shouldn't pick it up (unless you are very specific). 

=====

We have a policy for requesting account bans if you really want it, but not so much for account deletion (given that's more drastic).

I am aware that there are some regulations in the EU (well, from Tormey's knowledge) that such deletion requests must be granted [not sure if the US or elsewhere has such measures]. But again, make sure you really want your account deleted before going through with it.

You guys can undo a ban, which is why I felt it might be safer to just to that unless he signals he knows what a delete actually does and 100% wants it

Well, I did tell him earlier that a delete means that your account details will be erased from the system, which means any posts made will be read as being created by Guest_(name here). Additionally, any likes that you have given to members will also be removed.

(And yes, if he did use the cardmaker to store stuff [which is probably likely], then all of his stuff will be erased if they weren't already from previous problems with this site)

===

Yeah, we can undo bans but we CANNOT undo member deletion. Think of it as a saved game file; you erase it and there's no way to recover the data on it. 

===

I suppose as a message to members who are considering account deletion in the future, make sure you know what you're doing by requesting it because this really is the final step.

How can I delete my account?

I got tired from creating cards.

If the account is deleted, do all my posts will be deleted too?

1. Ask me to delete it. Members cannot delete their accounts on their own.

2. No, your posts will not be deleted. However, any likes you have given to members in certain posts will be removed (as you are no longer existent) and post creator will be Guest_(your name). Any cards you have made here will also be deleted, like I've said above. 

===

Make sure you absolutely want to go through with this before this happens; otherwise, you can either just leave the account alone in the event you decide to come back later and not have to start from scratch.

Archived