Ridealong Companion

Atypical-Abbie

Here's a high Level Union monster that allows you to equip it from your hand to an Extra Deck monster, and has an interesting effect that makes it so your opponent cannot target it with effects, unless they also target this card, which is intentional, since removing the equipped monster from the field allows you to target another monster.

ridealong_companion_by_zaziuma-dcjtzov.p

If you Special Summon exactly 1 monster from your Extra Deck: You can equip this card from your hand to that monster, but you cannot Special Summon this equipped card this turn. Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 face-up monster you control; equip this card to that target, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it. Your opponent cannot target the equipped monster with card effects, unless it also targets this card, also if the equipped monster would be destroyed by battle or card effect, destroy this card instead. If this equipped card is sent the GY because the  equipped monster leaves the field: You can target 1 other monster you control; equip this card to that target.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the first effect doesn't restrict SSing it after you re-equip in the same turn with its last effect, correct? It's a Machine, and a WIND one at that, so it's not too searchable with the main Summon laddering Decks and as such isn't really a problem in that area, so it's more a neat touch and something to potentially worry about later. Maybe a neat tech in ABCs to put onto your Buster Dragon?

As for the card itself...I almost don't like it from a flavor/thematics standpoint, but the first effect is unique enough and useful enough to get a pass. I don't really see it being played much, even in the pure rogue union Decks, save for the occasional ABC splash, but if you're looking for a free SS from hand in a Summon ladder Deck, along with potential protection for your boss...well, you've got it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the first effect doesn't restrict SSing it after you re-equip in the same turn with its last effect, correct? It's a Machine, and a WIND one at that, so it's not too searchable with the main Summon laddering Decks and as such isn't really a problem in that area, so it's more a neat touch and something to potentially worry about later. Maybe a neat tech in ABCs to put onto your Buster Dragon?

As for the card itself...I almost don't like it from a flavor/thematics standpoint, but the first effect is unique enough and useful enough to get a pass. I don't really see it being played much, even in the pure rogue union Decks, save for the occasional ABC splash, but if you're looking for a free SS from hand in a Summon ladder Deck, along with potential protection for your boss...well, you've got it.

That is intentional, you want to SS it so you can make a Rank 7 or have a 2500 monster.

Archived