If the TCG unbans Elemental HERO Stratos

Since Banlist season is here with the up coming August/September list I thought to provide some input where I have seen some lists which look good though as a HERO player I feel game wise if Konami does go through with unbanning Stratos it would most likely end up like this.

Limited:

A HERO Lives

Masked HERO Dark Law

Semi-Limited:

Elemental HERO Stratos

The reason for these choices are simple as first A HERO Lives being a card that can drop a Level 4 or lower HERO like Stratos and Shadow Mist directly from the deck to the field makes it quite a powerful card where limiting it drops the chances of drawing it more frequently in HERO decks to just play this in order to trigger those HERO's effects directly from the deck.

Dark Law's limit is based on its recursion in the deck where Masked HERO players tend to play 2 or more along with a Anki so they can switch out their Dark Law of offensive defensive plays where with another Mask Change can switch it back for a second Dark Law from the Extra Deck. This hit is intended to stop this recursion and make it so that people just don't constantly sit on Dark Law throughout the entire game as a one sided Marco that can hurt an opponent for searching.

Lastly following with Konami of Japans list Stratos at 2 seems perfectly fine as it provides the additional search and backrow destruction where with A HERO Lives Limited decrease the chances of drawing into a hand that can make crazy combo's off using Stratos. In addition this should be fine in the Link Format where needing a Link Monster to extend of Extra Deck plays means that these changes should give the deck any extremely meta defining issues.

Keep in mind that while OCG has Stratos at 2, it holds Shadow Mist at 1. Having Mist at 3 and Stratos at 2, but Hero Lives at 1 in TCG... I cannot picture how would that turn out.

Unsure about the hit on Dark Law. IMO the Mask Change play of Anki --> Dark Law is fine. HEROes rely on their OTKing power to stay up, anyway. Personally I would make the other changes first and gauge how HEROes fare, then decide if Law is moved into the banlist or not.

Archived