if synchro JD and Xyz DAD were Links and as good as the originals

DLH112

The actual xyz Dark Armed Dragon and synchro Judgment Dragon retrain were underwhelming to say the least. I tried to redo them and give them effects that would make the same kind of huge impact the originals did 10-12 years ago. Because of that mentality, I'm sorry if they seem too broken/don't belong here.

2tf55LP.png

Judgment, Dragon-God of the Lightsworn
Light / Dragon / Link / Effect
3200 ATK Link 4 (top, BL, bottom, BR)
3 "Lightsworn" monsters with different names Summoned from the Extra Deck.
Cannot be used as material for a Link Summon. When this card is Link Summoned: Special Summon the materials used from the GY to zones this card points to. Other cards' effects cannot send cards from the deck to the GY. (Quick Effect): you can banish all other cards on the field other than cards this card points to; take 1000 damage. During each of your End Phases: select a number of card(s) in your deck up to the number of "Lightsworn" monsters this card points to and send them to the GY.

The idea with summoning is to be forced to use Curious, Minerva, and Michael, and not be able to use itself to make another. I thought reversing the cost and effect would be neat/slightly broken. He doesn't protect himself at all though. If this was too much I'd switch the cost/effect back and give him a bit of protection probably. In addition to being a drawback to try to balance it a bit, the other LS's can't mill as a lore thing of them bowing down and letting JD show them how its done.

mlo1H3f.png

Dark Armored Dragon
Dark / Dragon  / Link / Effect
2800 ATK Link 3 (BL, Bottom, BR)

4+ Dark Monsters
You can also Link Summon this card by having exactly 3 DARK monsters in your GY. If Link Summoned this way: Special Summon as many DARK monsters in the GY as possible to zones this card points to. Cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effect. (Quick Effect): you can send 1 DARK monster this card points to to the GY; banish up to 2 cards on the field. (Quick Effect): you can banish 1 DARK monster from your GY and target 1 card on the field; return it to the top or bottom of the deck.

Regular destruction and targeting are kind of bad nowadays in YGO. I wanted the effect and summoning to be as similar to the original as possible, but also wanted to incorporate the fact its a Link monster, hence both removal effects. I admit 2 removal quick effects and protection from destruction is a bit much, but thats the kind of thing itd take to have the same level of domination as 11 years ago.

Again, sorry if this isn't the right place for this :X .

The problem with your plan of summoning Judgment generally lies with its summon conditions.Yes, you do have Curious to open up some space, then go into the other two; however, how often are you really doing this? Even if this card could be used as Link Material, you still have to use 2 other monsters for that. To be honest, you could give him some protection as you are still investing a lot of Extra Deck effort into summoning this and will really suck if it were to get Strike'd, Ghost Ogre or whatever. IDK, maybe just prevent its summon from being chained to. But at the same time, it is a Quick Effect board wipe, so suppose this not having protection is fine (and does warrant the added effort of summoning this). 

===

As for Dark Armored Dragon, you need to fix the summon requirements since it's impossible for a monster to be treated as no Link Materials (and well, you made this a Link 3). But at the same time, I do have some concerns about it summoning up to 3 DARKs from the GY on summoning just because of that (and well, fuel for its other effect). I do feel that you need an OPT on both effects, especially the first one. On a normal basis, you'd probably only need to banish something once to stop floaters and whatever. The first effect is sufficient enough to do what it needs to; second feels more like Diabolos (which already has a retrain).

So...you can either make this a Link 4 and give it another arrow, or modify the summon requirements. The choice is yours. 

So a couple of questions:

1: How do you summon JD, when Curious + Minerva + Michael is either a Link 3 or a link 5 (since curious only counts as either 1 or 3 materials for link summons)? 

2: Kind of the same thing, but how do you even summon DAD with his additional method? Like do you just slap it out if you have 3 darks, for free? If so

I like the idea that nobody else mills except for JD and, but he mills whatever you want/need. It's appropriate for a big boss monster. I think DAD just summoning a bunch of monsters in 1 turn without restrictions is kind of insane, and could lead to stupid things happening. I'd recommend negating the effects of the monsters summoned, or locking into DARK monsters, or something to ease it up.

good points all around, thanks for the feedback.

I'm still not 100% comfortable with link summoning/I was tired and and dumb and was counting Curious as 2 for some reason.

JD would be link 3 and not have the up arrow, also if it would be removed from the field you can send a "Lightsworn" monster you control to the GY to negate the activation and have JD gain 100 ATK (so it works i the damage step). so much text on the card though >_>

DAD I would get rid of the normal summoning condition completely (4+ dark monsters) and add a "you can only control 1 DAD" clause, and/or possibly a banish any other copies of itself from your extra  deck on summon clause as well? Also the DARK monsters it summons effects cannot be activated (useful continuous effects still can work though?), and the removal effects can only be used once per turn (but both can still be used).

Thanks for the responses.

armageddon knight is a one card DAD so yes you definitely need to remove that summoning condition

both cards are hilariously overpowered

JD is deceptively easy to bring out, and it basically wins you the game considering he has a quick effect nuke that banishes as COST

you need either hard once per turn on all these effects or make them actually difficult to bring out

JD:

Plant combo

Set up field to be Missus Radiant + Seraphinite + Hatricker

Make Curious

Curious send Tricklown

Tricklown effect, SS itself and Thousand Blades

Make Minerva

Do Minerva stuff

All you need to do now is get Uni Zombie + Wulf on board which with all your milling shouldnt actually be too hard

And then you just immediately win

DAD

NS Arma Knight

Send Malicious

Malicious effect

SS Malicious

Make Isolde

Isolde effect SS Arma Knight

Arma Knight send Destrudo

Three DARKs in GY with just a normal summon

Archived