Leprechaun Archetype ( Coin Flip Based )

Ultimagamer

These are a set of cards I created based around coin tossing in an attempt to make coin tossing relevant in 2018. They act as somewhat generic fairy type support while also being good in their own archetype. The coin flips in this archetype ( contrast that of arcana force ) have 2 good effects ( 1 great effect then 1 downgraded version of that great effect rather than having 2 effects that are opposites of each other ) 

Edit: For those who have seen the original post, I would like to say that I am not trying to demean Irish culture with this archetype ( in both the naming and the concept ) and I have changed to names of the monsters to reflect that 

I will be updating in the future so please leave your thoughts below :D 

Lucky the Lucky Leprechaun

Level 1 / Earth / Fairy / Effect

500 attack / 500 defense

Cannot be used as Link Material except for the Link Summon of a Fairy-type Link Monster. If you control no Monsters, or if all of the Monsters you control are Fairy-type, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn; you can toss a coin and apply the result.

Heads: Set 1 “Leprechaun” Spell/Trap Card from your Deck or GY to your field ( It can be activated during this turn ).

Tails: Add 1 “Leprechaun” Spell/Trap Card from your Deck to your hand.

If this card is sent to the GY by the effect of a card that can perform a coin toss; you can draw 1 card.

Jack the Lucky Leprechaun

Level 1 / Earth / Fairy / Effect

500 attack / 500 defense

Cannot be used as Link Material except for the Link Summon of a Fairy-type Link Monster. If you control no Monsters, or if all of the Monsters you control are Fairy-type, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn; you can toss a coin and apply the result.

Heads: Once per turn: you can target 1 card you control that can perform a coin toss and 1 card your opponent controls; return both targets to the hand.

Tails: Once per turn: you can target 1 “Leprechaun” Monster in your GY; return that target to your hand, then you can draw 1 card if your opponent controls a card.

If this card is sent to the GY by the effect of a card that can perform a coin toss: you can target 1 card in your GY that can perform a coin toss; return that target to your hand.

Patrick the Lucky leprechaun

Level 5 / Earth / Fairy / Effect

1800 attack / 1500 defense

Cannot be used as Link Material except for the Link Summon of a Fairy-type Link Monster. You can Special Summon this card from your hand by sending 1 Fairy-type Monster from your hand or face-up from your side of the field to your GY. When Summoned this way, you can draw 1 card. Once per turn; you can toss a coin and apply the effect.

Heads: Either Special Summon 1 “Leprechaun” Monster from your GY or add 1 “Leprechaun” Monster from your GY to your hand.
Tails: Add 1 “Leprechaun” Monster from your GY to your hand.

If this card is sent to the GY by the effect of a card that can perform a coin toss; you can take 1 “Leprechaun” card from your Deck and place it on top of your Deck.

John the Lucky Leprechaun

Level 5 / Earth / Fairy / Effect

1800 attack / 1500 defense

Cannot be used as Link Material except for the Link Summon of a Fairy-type Link Monster. You can Special Summon this card from your hand by sending 1 Fairy-type Monster from your hand or face-up from your side of the field to your GY. When Summoned this way, you can draw 1 card. Once per turn; you can toss a coin and apply the effect.

Heads: Once per turn; you can Special Summon 1 Fairy-type Monster from your hand, then you can draw 1 card.

Tails: Once per turn; you can Special Summon 1 “Leprechaun” Monster from your hand.

If this card is sent to the GY by the effect of a card that can perform a coin toss; you can send 1 Fairy-type Monster from your hand or face-up from your field to Special Summon 1 “Leprechaun” Monster from your Deck.

The Four-Leafed Clover Field of the Leprechauns

Spell - Field

Once per turn, if you control no monsters or if all of the Monsters you control are Fairy-type; you can add 1 “Leprechaun” Monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of “The Four-Leafed Clover Field of the Leprechauns” once per turn. All “Leprechaun” Monsters you control gain 300 ATK/DEF. Whenever you toss a coin(s) for a card, that coin toss(es) is always treated as heads.

The Good Fortunes of the Leprechauns

Spell - Normal

Toss a coin and apply the result.

Heads: Send 1 “Leprechaun” Monster from your hand or your side of the field to your GY to draw 3 cards.

Tails: Reveal to your opponent 1 “Leprechaun” Monster from your hand or face-down on your side of the field ( If you control a face-up “Leprechaun” Monster you do not need to do this ) to draw 1 card.

You can only activate 1 “Good Fortunes of the Leprechauns” per turn.

The Lucky Inheritance of the Leprechauns

Trap - Normal

Toss a coin and apply the result.

Heads: Add up to 3 “Leprechaun” Monsters from your Deck and/or your GY to your hand

Tails: Add 1 “Leprechaun” Monster from your Deck to your hand.

You can only activate 1 “Lucky Inheritance of the Leprechauns” per turn.

Really good archetype the cards interact and you've got a way of making the results all heads for your coin tosses 10/10. The effects a balanced yet good and allow for strong plays.

But please don't go down the route of giving all the monsters stereotypical Irish names. Maybe name one Jeff or Larry or something. It's insulting to my culture .

But other than that personal note really good archetype.

Really good archetype the cards interact and you've got a way of making the results all heads for your coin tosses 10/10. The effects a balanced yet good and allow for strong plays.

But please don't go down the route of giving all the monsters stereotypical Irish names. Maybe name one Jeff or Larry or something. It's insulting to my culture .

But other than that personal note really good archetype.

That is very true, and is something I haven't considered. I would like to apologize for being insensitive. I can definitely change the names of the monsters for the better. The way I'm currently thinking about changing the names for the better would be removing the last names of them, so the names are just John, or Jack, like that 

Archived