Fisherman Going to Sea

BatMed

fisherman_uminiku_by_batmed-dck4p8m.png

pixel__green_star_by_apparate-d337m0q.gi ARTWORK MADE BY ME pixel__green_star_by_apparate-d337m0q.gi

When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can activate 1 “Umi” Field Spell directly from your Deck. At the start of the Damage Step, if this card battles a WATER monster: Take control of that monster. You can send this card and 1 other Fish or Sea Serpent monster from your hand and/or field to the GY; Special Summon 1 WATER “Fisherman” monster from your hand, Deck, or GY.

[spoiler=Trivial notes]- This card is a downgrade version of "The Legendary Fisherman".
- Uminiku is the pronunciation of "海に行く" (Umi ni iku) which means "going to the sea": This card names literally means "Fisherman Going to Sea", which fits the card's artwork.

I always felt there was a missing potential in the Fisherman series, so I decided to give them some love. Now the card: Other than being a renegade Umi searcher, it can also bring a Fisherman to the field if teched in mermails/Atlanteans. The 2nd effect is just there for the flavor.
I'm working on remaking "Inland" (art wise) and grant fishermen their own Umi to give them consistency and comeback ability.

Thoughts? 

> searches "umi" on ygopro

The first effect is cool. Takes up your Summon, but there's a wide range of stuff you can search with it, so... Second effect is mostly bad, depending on the matchup, but as you say, flavor is a thing. Might as well just leave it there; leaves the potential for another Umi making monsters WATER and stuff. Last effect is great for Fisherman, and dedicated Umi decks; I just hope it can also send itself from the hand/field to the GY, meaning you can double discard. That being said, I don't like the range of activation potential on it; of course, it's not too strong, but as a personal preference, I don't like making cards too easy to use.

> searches "umi" on ygopro

The first effect is cool. Takes up your Summon, but there's a wide range of stuff you can search with it, so... Second effect is mostly bad, depending on the matchup, but as you say, flavor is a thing. Might as well just leave it there; leaves the potential for another Umi making monsters WATER and stuff. Last effect is great for Fisherman, and dedicated Umi decks; I just hope it can also send itself from the hand/field to the GY, meaning you can double discard. That being said, I don't like the range of activation potential on it; of course, it's not too strong, but as a personal preference, I don't like making cards too easy to use.

Yes, double discard is an option. I'm planning to tighten up the SS range in return of making Special Summoning any WATER Warrior instead.

Archived