Sylvan Cherubshrub - (!Sylvan Link Monster!) Written

Dn't_Be_Ah_Pansy

Sylvan Cherubshrub 

Light Attribute/ Plant-Type/ LINK-3

Left Link, Right Link Arrows & Bottom Link Arrow 

ATK/1500

Effect:

3 Plant-Type Monsters with 3 different Attribute(s) and can't be Linked summoned any other way.

When this card is Link Summoned: Add 1 Plant-Type Monster from your GY or Deck to your Hand. When this card is Linked to a "Sylvan" Monster(s) this card is unaffected by your opponents Monster, Spell and Trap cards during your turn. During Each of your Stand-by Phases: You may excavate cards from the top of your deck equal to the number of Face-up Plant-Type Monster(s) on the field, send any excavated Plant-Type monsters to the GY and if you do, Target card(s) on the field up to the Number of Plant-Type Monster(s) sent to the GY by this effect and send them to the GY. If any Monster(s) sent with this effect Activate there effect in the GY: Send 1 "Sylvan" Monster Linked to this card to the GY: negate all effects. You can only Control 1 "Sylvan Cherubshrub". 

PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! Help me if i messed up anywhere with card grammar and such, extremely new to link monsters. Thank You !

I guess we're doing OCG fixes again.

3 Plant monsters with different Attributes

Must first be Link Summoned using the above materials. When this card is Link Summoned: Add 1 Plant-Type Monster from your Deck or GY to your hand. While this card points to a "Sylvan" monster(s), it is unaffected by your opponent's effects during your turn. During your Standby Phase: You can excavate cards from the top of your Deck equal to the number of Plant monsters on the field; send any excavated Plant monsters to the GY, and if you do, target a number of cards on the field, equal to the number of excavated monsters sent by this effect; send them to the GY. If any monster(s) sent with this effect activate their effect(s) in the GY: Send, to the GY, 1 "Sylvan" monster this card points to: negate all of those effects. You can only control 1 "Sylvan Cherubshrub". 

(Wording is probably redundant / incorrect somewhere, but second one is a complex effect. I do have to ask if you intended for this to be a Nomi monster, or you cannot cheese the Link requirements outside using 3 Plants with different Attributes and can revive it later.)

As far as the card goes, only Deck that will really use this is again Sylvans (though you know this by now); least until Konami makes another multi-Attribute Plant deck. In general, it's fine and does give you a pretty good amount of excavating if you can set up enough. I think the negation effect for the GY thing should be optional, so you're not forced into it in case some of your stuff ends up triggering (I need to check if some of the Sylvans do, so you aren't screwing self over if you end up targeting your own stuff). Search/recycle effect is fine. 

I suppose it's okay, but question is if Sylvans nowadays do have the speed necessary to field 3 monsters to go into this. 

Archived