Colorado Baker Sues State Again

Nathanael D. Striker

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/16/639147599/colorado-baker-sues-state-again-after-refusing-to-make-cake-for-transgender-woma

Yep, same baker that won his Supreme Court case on the narrowist of grounds. Instead of a same sex couple, it's a transgender woman this time around. Personally, I hope Colorado got its act together and doesn't make the mistakes that cost them the first trial.

EDIT: I doubt this baker is going to win, though anything can happen. I personally don't believe people can discriminate against others due to their religious beliefs. At the same time, it is a fine line and one that should be decided case by case. If the baker were to win again, I'd assume it'd be a narrow judgment again.

Discuss your thoughts on the case. Should religious beliefs allow behavior that would otherwise be discriminatory? Is there a fine line?

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/16/639147599/colorado-baker-sues-state-again-after-refusing-to-make-cake-for-transgender-woma

Yep, same baker that won his Supreme Court case on the narrowist of grounds. Instead of a same sex couple, it's a transgender woman this time around. Personally, I hope Colorado got its act together and doesn't make the mistakes that cost them the first trial.

Well, on the other hand, the Right also doesn't have to play to Kennedy's leftist politics on these cases anymore, so a narrow ground approach might not be handed down this time

Why the funk is this in debates?  LMFAO.  There's not much to be debated.  Colorado will lose outright because "muh Christianity".  Next.  Also:

The Christian baker in Colorado who won the SCOTUS case and is now charged with refusing to bake a gender transition cake, was also allegedly asked by the same person to bake a cake of Satan licking a sex toy.

Dku9UJOVAAASEhY.jpg

More of this please

This is in debates due to being better safe than sorry. You would have thrown this thread in Debates if this happened months ago, Dad. And tbh, Colorado could have won the first case if some officials weren't idiots.

Nah there really is no way to win it at all, you can't be forced to do stuff that's against your religion even if anti discrimination laws specifically say you can be, it's just that simple.

This is in debates due to being better safe than sorry. You would have thrown this thread in Debates if this happened months ago, Dad. And tbh, Colorado could have won the first case if some officials weren't idiots.

They might have won the first case if the officials weren't idiots, but now the swing justice that everyone had to cater to is gone. There are 5 votes for a right wing response to this crap. Also, Dildo lady here clearly isn't doing it in good faith

No. I wouldn't have. Your topic has little to no substance and it's boiling down to semantics. There's zero reason for it to be here and I would've moved it LOL.

Swing justices just make this an outright loss for Colorado. If they pull out a win, I'll buy someone a cake.

It's a fine line. A Jew should be able to deny making a Nazi an Holocaust Pride cake that he would not make for anyone.

A Jew should not be able to deny a Nazi a cake he would sell to random customer. 

You double posted twice in this thread. Edit your posts from now on instead please

Also Striker either give more in the OP to justify being in debates please. It's a controversial subject so it could still fit in here but there's not enough to go off of as is.

Archived