The next most OP BANNED YU-GI-OH CARD

Phelphor, of the Deep

Inspired by Aetherflux Reservoir from MTG, this card helps out by gaining life points and then paying a high amount to deal a lot to an opponent. This card will be a continuous spell card and most likely do well in decks that can "ZIP" through their deck rather quickly.

[spoiler=What inspired me]
The card that inspired me to do this:
Image_jpg.png
Aetherflux Reservoir: Artifact Card Mana Cost: 4 Converted Mana Cost: 4
Effect
Whenever you cast a spell, you gain 1 life for each spell you've cast this turn. Pay 50 life: Aetherflux Reservoir deals 50 damage to any target.
Flavor Text:
While most power is used for ordinary, everyday tasks, one shouldn't underestimate its potential for the extraordinary.

Rulings
9/20/2016 The first ability counts the spell that caused it to trigger plus any other spells you cast earlier in the turn.
9/20/2016 The first ability counts spells you cast earlier in the turn even if you didn’t control Aetherflux Reservoir as you cast them, and even if those spells were countered.
9/20/2016 The number of spells you’ve cast is counted only as Aetherflux Reservoir’s triggered ability resolves. For example, if you cast a spell, then respond to the triggered ability with a second spell, you’ll gain 4 life total.
9/20/2016 Aetherflux Reservoir’s first ability doesn’t trigger when you cast Aetherflux Reservoir itself.

[spoiler=Now it's YU-GI-OH counterpart]
Ancestral Reservoir: Continuous Spell
When this card is activated: you can send 1 Normal Spell card from your Deck to your GY, shuffle 1 card in your hand into your Deck then draw 1 card. If you activate the effect of a monster, Summon a monster, activate a Spell card or Trap card except this card, you gain 100 Life Points. During either player's turn you can pay 9000 Life Points; inflict 9000 damage to your opponent's Life Points. During your Main Phase while this card is in the GY except the turn this card was sent to the GY; you can banish 1 card you control; add this card to your hand.

First part of the effect helps unbrick hand or get a slightly better card.

Second part of the effect helps you game small amounts of life for just playing the game (and added part so people would not try to play a 40 card spell deck or 40 card non-monster deck)

third part can be explained: 8000 is the starting total and 40 is the starting total in commander. each card is 10/1000 higher than the starting total. it deals what you pay into it.

last effect is a small recovery effect because removal but at the cost of losing something on the field.

tell me what you think?

PS: yes it will be over 9000! haha

Activate this, activate Dan keto the Freaking cure master and kill your opponent...

In a more serious note: 5k damage should be the top to be considered, the LP recovery is not opt  and is triggered literaly any time you do something, and on top of that it can be activated on either players turn (which to me it goes against game mechanics a bit). Combine this with flint loops and the likes and you could burn your opponent for all eternity even if it could only burn for 100 each time.

You don't need Flint loop, just use wiz, redres, neo spacian air hummingbird, performapal odd-eyes unicorn, poison of the old man, and probably countless other cards I couldn't think of off the top of my head.

Card is just a bad idea. To actually resemble reservoir it would need to require upwards of twenty thousand life, and even then it doesn't help the game at all.

Parenthesis is right. You're equating a different format from the base in one game to the standard match-up in other. With 20 life in MtG in the standard, this card represent 250% of the base, so 20000 would be the minimum when extrapolating from 8000. Otherwise its far too easy to achieve in this game. Aromages say hi, and as said before, anyone can run Dan Keto. Also, for the second effect:

When this card is activated: You can send 1 Normal Spell card from your Deck to your GY; shuffle 1 card in your hand into your Deck, then draw 1 card.

You might just play this card for this effect alone.  Although nothing immediately broken comes to mind, it just seems out of place regardless. Why a Normal Spell? Why does it restock your hand at all? I guess in MtG consistency is less of an issue, but the Normal Spell issue remains.

You don't need Flint loop, just use wiz, redres, neo spacian air hummingbird, performapal odd-eyes unicorn, poison of the old man, and probably countless other cards I couldn't think of off the top of my head.

Card is just a bad idea. To actually resemble reservoir it would need to require upwards of twenty thousand life, and even then it doesn't help the game at all.

I know thats why I said that a dian keto is enough, I used the flint loop example if the card inflicted less (much less) damage.

Archived