Light Up

Kuroda Kaito

Eyyy, I remember that render :D

Good stuff. Love the idea of the lighting coming from the cigarette (cigar, cigarillo, whatever she smokes) and the glow between the fingers is a nice detail. Also the smudge adds a very nice flow.

My only gripe is the empty space on the top, which could've been cropped down to where the smudge ends. That would've placed the lighting on one of the thirds for better composition.

Congrats on your win! Looking forward to more.

Eyyy, I remember that render :D

Good stuff. Love the idea of the lighting coming from the cigarette (cigar, cigarillo, whatever she smokes) and the glow between the fingers is a nice detail. Also the smudge adds a very nice flow.

My only gripe is the empty space on the top, which could've been cropped down to where the smudge ends. That would've placed the lighting on one of the thirds for better composition.

Congrats on your win! Looking forward to more.

Haha thank you so much !!!

Well during the process of making the piece, I thought leaving the empty space there sort of works though. But I see what you mean there. 

I love the colors and low contrast of this. I think doing something with the empty space wouldve been cool, or yet, a major flex would be adding even more empty space vertically or to the right of the focal, which I think could also work. The dimensions you have it at now make everything rather center, kinda  what  Thar  is alluding to

Congrats! The fractals and lighting works really well here. Keep working on your smudging. The details could be more defined. Also, I'm not sure if you're already doing this but make sure you smudge with a hard round brush with 90+ strength/opacity to ensure full control over the details you create. Lastly the bg shadows being red and the shape of the person's head is slightly bothering me. The bg needs to be a cool hue to be consistent and blend better with the focal.

I love the colors and low contrast of this. I think doing something with the empty space wouldve been cool, or yet, a major flex would be adding even more empty space vertically or to the right of the focal, which I think could also work. The dimensions you have it at now make everything rather center, kinda  what  Thar  is alluding to

Ahh I see what you mean there. Noted !!! Thanks a lot for the criticism !!! :3

Congrats! The fractals and lighting works really well here. Keep working on your smudging. The details could be more defined. Also, I'm not sure if you're already doing this but make sure you smudge with a hard round brush with 90+ strength/opacity to ensure full control over the details you create. Lastly the bg shadows being red and the shape of the person's head is slightly bothering me. The bg needs to be a cool hue to be consistent and blend better with the focal.

Fully noted !!! Thanks again <3

Archived