Solar-Eyes Burning Star Dragon

Vectra

Solar-Eye_Burning_Star_Dragon.jpg?width=

Solar-Eyes Burning Star Dragon
Level 8 Pyro
3000 ATK/ 2500 DEF
If this card is in your GY or hand, you can target monsters on your side of the field whose total levels are 8 or above, destroy them and special summon this card. If the total level of monsters destroyed are above 8, this card gains 500 ATK for each excess level. If special summoned by this card's effect, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the amount of excess levels x 500. During either player's turn, you may activate the following effects equal to halve the amount of excess levels per turn(quick effect):
●Negate the activation of an effect of a DARK or LIGHT monster and gain 500 ATK
●Negate the activation of an effect of a WATER monster and inflict 800 damage
●Tribute one monster from your hand or field: +1 Burning Star counter on this card. When a Pyro or Machine-type monster you control would be destroyed, remove a counter instead. Another +1 if the monster is PYRO or MACHINE-type. Another +1 if the monster is a fire monster.

I recently added the last 3 effects. Should I take them out or do you think it's still balanced? By the way, it's a Pyro and not a Dragon because I made the card in a "Solar-Eyes" archetype to mix with my "Blaze" archetype of Blaze Fenix, The Bombard Bird.

When you say the activation of a "" monster do you mean the activation of its effects, or it being Summoned? Also, I don't understand the the extra effect gaining works with the additional effect. Can I activate each of them up to the number of half the excess levels, activate a combination of them up to half the excess levels, or only go up to 3 by doing a different one each time?

When you say the activation of a "" monster do you mean the activation of its effects, or it being Summoned?

Negate the effects. You don't negate their summons.

Also, I don't understand the the extra effect gaining works with the additional effect. Can I activate each of them up to the number of half the excess levels, activate a combination of them up to half the excess levels, or only go up to 3 by doing a different one each time?

Let's say you destroy 4 monsters on the field whose total levels are 12 (3 + 3 + 3 + 3 because even if you meet the 8 requirement, you can choose to go further): Since you are 4 above the required amount, you can activate a combination of those up to twice per turn. So you can activate the first effect listed and the second in one turn. Third and first if you wanted, etc. I forgot to mention that it is a quick effect since it can activate during either player's turn. I'll edit that now.

Thanks for explaining ^^

The specifics of the last effect are...odd, to say the least. It kinda makes sense thematically, with WATER being the opposite to FIRE, and with that Pyro/FIRE support in the last effect (also it supports itself hooray), but I don't see where the Machine bit comes from. The LIGHT and DARK allows it to be more useful and extend beyond flavour, but the playability stands in stark contrast to the more thematic than useful secondary effects, and so it just becomes a card whose power will fluctuate depending on the meta. Also, any reason why the additional counter placement which is supplementary to the main counter placement on the last effect is placed after the secondary effect?

It's really hard to gauge this card without knowing many of the creative choices behind it. It doesn't seem too interesting a surface level, with the main effects being typical FIRE aggro, the card itself being another Something-Eyes Name Dragon, and the last effect seems too chaotic to really have anything for it. I don't know what else to say.

The specifics of the last effect are...odd, to say the least. It kinda makes sense thematically, with WATER being the opposite to FIRE, and with that Pyro/FIRE support in the last effect (also it supports itself hooray), but I don't see where the Machine bit comes from.
It has it's own Archetype called Solar-Eyes that also supports the other Archetype Blaze which has Blaze Fenix whose materials are pyro and Machine.

The LIGHT and DARK allows it to be more useful and extend beyond flavour, but the playability stands in stark contrast to the more thematic than useful secondary effects, and so it just becomes a card whose power will fluctuate depending on the meta.
I figured ppl would've felt water isnt good enough since most monsters are dark or light.

Also, any reason why the additional counter placement which is supplementary to the main counter placement on the last effect is placed after the secondary effect?
What do you mean?

It's really hard to gauge this card without knowing many of the creative choices behind it. It doesn't seem too interesting a surface level, with the main effects being typical FIRE aggro, the card itself being another Something-Eyes Name Dragon, and the last effect seems too chaotic to really have anything for it. I don't know what else to say
It belongs to an Archetype so I probably should've posted the entire archetype but I thought just showing him would be enough.

Well, if most of is for an archetype...can't say anything more there :P

DARK/LIGHT works, but isn't very futureproofed.

As for the counter placement, I would just suggest moving the additional counter placement to before explaining what the counter does.

Archived