Some Link Monsters

Ultimagamer

I wanna see if I can make some crazy good link monsters for archetypes, much like that of Cherubini and Needlefiber. Please leave your thoughts below :D 

Abyss Actor Theater Leader 

Link 2 / Dark / Fiend / Link / Pendulum / Effect 

Scale: 9 

Link Markers: Bottom Left, Bottom Right 

Link Materials: 2 Pendulum Monsters including at least 1 "Abyss Actor" Monster 

1800 attack 

Pendulum Effect: Unless you have an "Abyss Actor" Card in your other scale, this card's scale becomes 4. Once per turn, during the main phase; you can destroy all cards in your Pendulum Scales, and if you do, add 2 "Abyss Actor" Monsters to your hand ( 1 from your Deck, and 1 from either face-up in your Extra Deck or your GY ), and if you do that, Special Summon this card from your Extra Deck to your Extra Monster Zone. 

Monster Effect: If you can Pendulum Summon Level 2, you can Pendulum Summon this card from your Extra Deck. During the turn this card is Summoned, it cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects. Once per turn ( quick effect ): you can target 1 other card you control; destroy it, then add 1 Card from your Deck to your hand that lists "Abyss Actor" Monster with the same type as that card ( Monster, Spell or Trap ) ( This destruction effect is treated as if it was done by the opponent ). If this card in your possession is destroyed or sent to your GY: you can place it in your Pendulum Scale. 

Raidraptor - Leading Falcon 

Link 2 / Dark / Winged-Beast / Link / Effect 

Link Materials: 2 Winged-Beast-Type Monsters 

2000 attack 

Monster Effect: Your opponent cannot target another "Raidraptor" Monster you control for attacks or for card effects . If this card is Link Summoned: You can add 1 "Rank-Up-Magic" Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. Once per turn: you can target 1 "Raidraptor" Monster in your GY that has a Level/Rank; banish that target, then Special Summon 1 "Raidraptor" Monster from your Deck with a Level less than or equal to the Level/Rank of that Banished Monster. You can only use each effect of "Raidraptor - Leading Falcon" once per turn. 

Stellarknight Origin 

Link 2 / Light / Warrior / Link / Effect 

Link Materials: 2 Warrior-Type Monsters 

2000 attack 

Monster Effect: This card is Unaffected by the effects of "Tellarknight" Monsters and DARK Monsters. If this card is Link Summoned, you can activate this effect: for the rest of this turn after this effect resolves, you cannot Special Summon Monsters, except "Tellarknight" Monsters, also the effect of any "Tellarknight" Monster, except "Stellarknight Origin", that was previous used earlier during this turn can be used once again during this turn. If this card is sent to the GY: you can target 5 other "Tellarknight" Cards or "Tellarnova" Cards in your GY; shuffle all of them into the Deck then draw 2 cards. You can only use each effect of "Stellarknight Origin" once per turn. 

You know how this works by now.

I wanna see if I can make some crazy good link monsters for archetypes, much like that of Cherubini and Needlefiber. Please leave your thoughts below :D 

Abyss Actor Theater Leader 

Link 2 / Dark / Fiend / Link / Pendulum / Effect 

Scale: 9 

Link Materials: 2 Pendulum Monsters including at least 1 "Abyss Actor" Monster 

1800 attack 

Pendulum Effect: Unless you have an "Abyss Actor" Card in your other scale, this card's scale becomes 4. Once per turn, during the main phase; you can destroy all cards in your Pendulum Scales, and if you do, add 2 "Abyss Actor" Monsters to your hand ( 1 from your Deck, and 1 from either face-up in your Extra Deck or your GY ), and if you do that, Special Summon this card from your Extra Deck to your Extra Monster Zone. 

Monster Effect: If you can Pendulum Summon Level 2, you can Pendulum Summon this card from your Extra Deck. During the turn this card is Summoned, it cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects. Once per turn ( quick effect ): you can target 1 other card you control; destroy it, then add 1 Card from your Deck to your hand that lists "Abyss Actor" Monster with the same type as that card ( Monster, Spell or Trap ) ( This destruction effect is treated as if it was done by the opponent ). If this card in your possession is destroyed or sent to your GY: you can place it in your Pendulum Scale. 

An issue I have here is this being a Link Pendulum and, well, unlike with Xyz Pends, they don't exactly correlate well. Yes, Actors are Pendulums, but that doesn't necessarily mean their boss has to be a Pendulum too, Monster effect is fine, considering it does trigger the Scripts and I suppose either Wild Hope / Leading Lady if you blow up the other one. Pendulum effect is alright for them needing to retrieve stuff and not be locked under MR4 rules for Pendulum Summoning (least searching-wise, because they're limited to Madonna's P-effect for monsters iirc).

I did say that this card being a Link is somewhat iffy, given how Links are designed at the moment. Nothing inherently wrong with it, though it is going into unknown territory. But if you remove its Pendulum status, then card is somewhat neutered in application. I suppose you could just shift it into the Monster effect and remove the Pendulum stuff.

Raidraptor - Leading Falcon 

Link 2 / Dark / Winged-Beast / Link / Effect 

Link Materials: 2 Winged-Beast-Type Monsters 

2000 attack 

Monster Effect: Your opponent cannot target another "Raidraptor" Monster you control for attacks or for card effects . If this card is Link Summoned: You can add 1 "Rank-Up-Magic" Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. Once per turn: you can target 1 "Raidraptor" Monster in your GY that has a Level/Rank; banish that target, then Special Summon 1 "Raidraptor" Monster from your Deck with a Level less than or equal to the Level/Rank of that Banished Monster. You can only use each effect of "Raidraptor - Leading Falcon" once per turn. 

For the most part, this should be okay for Raidraptors, though I think they should still be capable of providing enough field presence on their own without the need for this. RUM searching is fine and protection also works. As far as the last effect goes, most you can really banish is Revolution Falcon to go summon Wild Vulture (if people bother with it); otherwise it's probably a dead RR in GY for the 4s. Again though, issue with the hard/soft OPT effects; pick which one you want (mostly on the second one). 

At least they got their own Link and RUM searcher, but besides that and protection, not sure what else this will be doing in RRs.

Stellarknight Origin 

Link 2 / Light / Warrior / Link / Effect 

Link Materials: 2 Warrior-Type Monsters 

2000 attack 

Monster Effect: This card is Unaffected by the effects of "Tellarknight" Monsters and DARK Monsters. If this card is Link Summoned, you can activate this effect: for the rest of this turn after this effect resolves, you cannot Special Summon Monsters, except "Tellarknight" Monsters, also the effect of any "Tellarknight" Monster, except "Stellarknight Origin", that was previously used earlier during this turn can be used once again during this turn. If this card is sent to the GY: you can target 5 other "Tellarknight" Cards or "Tellarnova" Cards in your GY; shuffle all of them into the Deck then draw 2 cards. You can only use each effect of "Stellarknight Origin" once per turn. 

I suppose we can officially kick Sirius out of 'tellar Decklists (somewhat). I really do not know why you want to make this card unaffected by other 'tellarknight monsters (only ones this would be affected by on your end are Rigel and both of the Zefra members), considering Delteros and Triverr in mirror aren't seeing play nowadays. The DARK part is somewhat awkward, but I suppose with Diabolos and stuff becoming more prevalent due to SR06, suppose it's helpful. Being able to reuse the hard OPT effects of stuff is nice though, but again, this is really only for the 3-mat ED monsters (unless you somehow summon another copy of Altair/Vega, etc to do whatever). Pot of Avarice-type effect is fine though, as it does recycle + give back more than the aforementioned Sirius does [you get Stellarnova Alpha back, which is nice] but that's about it.) At least they have the resources to actually summon this if Delteros/Triverr plays aren't useful at the moment.

Archived