Revolving Door Switch

Guest BGMCANN0N

So basically a battle version of Creature Swap (for lack of better things to compare it to)? I suppose one possible option would be to just steal a Link Monster your opponent has and give them a low power monster that isn't doing much (or trigger your floaters for whatever that is worth). Granted, it is limited to the monsters that are battling at the time, so...opponent can still play around the card and use a "dummy" monster as bait switching, but how often is that happening nowadays?

If anything, just steal Links to ladder into stuff or open Linked Zones (least in this format).

>links to revolving door

A good battle trap, imo. Doesn't have quite the KAPOW of the 200 different variations of mirror force, but considering you KEEP the monster you steal, OTK decks with a multi-attacking monster are going to have a bad time. Also, if you are unable to use this during your opponent's turn because they field wipe, you can still use combo it with a monster you ram with, granting you any monster except the good ol' unaffected set.

I like how different it is to creature swap. During your turn, you choose what monsters swap, and while you still technically do during your opponent's, you have less leeway than one would like, adding another element of strategy. It's a very nice card.

It's not great by any means. It might make a good side in Decks in which you have a lot of field presence and your opponent does not, but it being a trap does bring it down, at least compared to a Quick-Play spell. That speaks more about the "current" gamestate than this card in particular I suppose, but yeah. I liek.

Archived