Drawbridge Keeper

Guest BGMCANN0N

Guest BGMCANN0N

Drawbridge Keeper
WATER
✪✪✪✪ (Level 4)
[Rock/Effect]
ATK/ 1000 DEF/ 1900

While there is a Link Monster on the field (Quick Effect): You can Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is Summoned: Apply 1 of these effects.

• Target 1 Link Monster; Main Monster Zones it points to cannot be used while it and this card are face-up on the field.
  • Target 1 Link Monster; it now points to 1 new Main Monster Zone it could point to (its Link Rating remains the same).

Considering how often you'll see Links nowadays, this will likely be summoned every turn if you can manage to have it in hand. First effect is generally fine for screwing over Linked Zones and accomplishes a similar task to Ground Collapse / Ojama Fusions (tl;dr, opponent can't summon anything period). Other one, well, I guess change around the Linked Zones somewhere. 

I probably have to ask this, but in the case of multiple Link Arrows (which will be likely), you just get to change 1 of its MMZ markers if they aren't already pointing there and rest remain the same, OR all its other markers are shut off except the one you pick?

====

First effect alone is good enough, but second may need clarification.

Guest BGMCANN0N

Considering how often you'll see Links nowadays, this will likely be summoned every turn if you can manage to have it in hand. First effect is generally fine for screwing over Linked Zones and accomplishes a similar task to Ground Collapse / Ojama Fusions (tl;dr, opponent can't summon anything period). Other one, well, I guess change around the Linked Zones somewhere. 

I probably have to ask this, but in the case of multiple Link Arrows (which will be likely), you just get to change 1 of its MMZ markers if they aren't already pointing there and rest remain the same, OR all its other markers are shut off except the one you pick?

====

First effect alone is good enough, but second may need clarification.

The intent is to add a Link Marker to it doesn't already have as long as it points to an MMZ it didn't have already, and keep its Link Markers it previously had. Wasn't really sure how to word it since it is still unexplored territory on Konami's end.

Well, I doubt Konami will ever go into that (and hell knows how much of a coding nightmare it'd be for YGOPro guys). But if it is adding a new Linked Zone, then it's fine. Would be nice to put those Link Monsters with only side arrows to use in the EMZ to an extent (or vice versa for other stuff with all bottom arrows in MMZ) so they're still doing stuff.

Probable issues with giving them another arrow is the potential for stupid things like Extra Link and whatever, but that's not this card's fault.

Archived