A Dragon That Will Bring True Destruction! ( Level 12 Normal Monster Archetype )

Ultimagamer

This was an archetype I thought of based around the concept of the Blue-Eyes strategy but making it a bit stronger. Quite literally. The deck is based around a normal monster, but rather than it being a Level 8 one, it goes a bit higher than that, Level 12! 

To keep the power in check though, even though the main boss monster is a level 12, he does have a clause stating he must be normal summoned or set with 3 tributes ( even though he is a normal monster ). 

This is now a more updated version, with more cards added in. I will be updating in the future. If you have any ideas, please leave your thoughts below :D 

Drago-Pocolypse, the True Dragon Emperor of the Living Realms

Level 12 / Dark / Dragon / Effect

4000 attack / 4000 defense

This card is always treated as a Normal Monster. This card must be Normal Summoned/Set with 3 tributes.

The true emperor of all dragons. He was prophesied to come back from a long slumber to bring ruin to the living worlds. His anger causes his foes to tremble, and his might is feared among all.

Summoner of the End

Level 1 / Dark / Spellcaster / Effect

0 attack / 0 defense

You can tribute this card; Special Summon 1 “Drago-Pocolypse, the True Dragon Emperor of the Living Realms” from your hand. If this card is in your GY: you can banish 3 Level 1 DARK Spellcaster-Type Monsters with different names from your GY; Special Summon 1 “Drago-Pocolypse, the True Dragon Emperor of the Living Realms” from your Deck or GY.

Prophesier of the End

0 attack / 0 defense

When this card is Normal Summoned: you can add 1 “Drago-Pocolypse, the True Dragon Emperor of the Living Realms” from your Deck to your hand. If this card is in your GY: you can banish this card from your GY, and target 1 “Drago-Pocolypse, the True Dragon Emperor of the Living Realms” in your GY; add that target to your hand, then draw 1 card.

Defender of the End

0 attack / 0 defense

FLIP: This card cannot be destroyed by battle while it is face-up on the field.

If this face-down card would be affected by a card effect, you can reveal this card to your opponent to prevent that effect from affecting this card. If a “Drago-Pocolypse, the True Dragon Emperor of the Living Realms” you control is targeted by a card or effect while this card is in your GY (Quick Effect): you can banish this card from your GY; negate that card or effect, then destroy that card.

Carrier of the End

0 attack / 0 defense

If you control no Monsters: you can Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card is Special Summoned: you can Special Summon 1 “of the End” DARK Spellcaster-Type Monster from your Deck in face-down defense position, except “Carrier of the End”. This card can be treated as 2 tributes for the Tribute Summon of a Normal Monster.

Searcher of the End

0 attack / 0 defense

If this card is sent to your GY: you can add 1 Spell/Trap Card that works with “Drago-Pocolypse, the True Dragon Emperor of the Living Realms” from your Deck to your hand. If a “Drago-Pocolypse, the True Dragon Emperor of the Living Realms” you control would be affected by your opponent’s card that does not target (Quick Effect): you can banish this card from your GY; negate that card or effect, then destroy that card.

The Infernal Realm of Drago-Pocolypse

Spell - Field

When this card resolves, if you have not Summoned any Monsters previously during this duel, you can Special Summon 1 “Drago-Pocolypse, the True Dragon Emperor of the Living Realms” from your Deck. You cannot Special Summon Monsters from your Extra Deck during the Duel you use this effect, except for DARK Xyz Monsters. Your opponent cannot target a card you control for an effect or for an attack while you control a “Drago-Pocolypse, the True Dragon Emperor of the Living Realms”.

The Coming of the End

Spell - Normal

Send 1 “Drago-Pocolypse, the True Dragon Emperor of the Living Realms” from your Deck to your GY to add 1 “of the End” DARK Spellcaster-Type Monster from your Deck to your hand.

Infernal Fire Breath of Drago-Pocolypse

Trap - Counter

When your opponent would Special Summon a Monster(s) while you control a “Drago-Pocolypse, the True Dragon Emperor of the Living Realms”: you can negate that Summon, then destroy that Monster(s). If all the Monsters you control are Level 12 Normal Monsters, you can activate this card from your hand.

Crusader of the End

Rank 1 / Dark / Spellcaster / Effect

2000 attack / 2000 defense

2 DARK Spellcaster-Type Monsters

Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; send 1 “Drago-Pocolypse, the True Dragon Emperor of the Living Realms” from your hand or Deck to your GY, then either send 1 “of the End” DARK Spellcaster-Type Monster from your hand or Deck to your GY or add it to your hand. This card can be treated as 3 Tributes for the Tribute Summon of a “Drago-Pocolypse, the True Dragon Emperor of the Living Realms”.

Drago-Pocolypse, the Ultimate Evil in the Universe

Rank 12 / Dark / Dragon / Xyz / Effect

3 Level 12 Normal Monsters

5000 attack / 5000 defense

Must first be Special Summoned by Xyz Summon. Cannot be Special Summoned by the effect of a Spell Card. This card’s effects are not applied and cannot be activated unless it has a “Drago-Pocolypse, the True Dragon Emperor of the Living Realms” as an Xyz Material. This card is unaffected by your opponent’s card effects, also it cannot be destroyed by battle. Once per turn: you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; If you did not detach a “Drago-Pocolypse, the True Dragon Emperor of the Living Realms” this effect does not apply, if you did, apply this effect

• Banish all cards your opponent controls, then you can banish an equal number of cards from your opponent’s GY if possible. This card can make up to 3 attacks during each battle phase this turn.

To be fair though, if you want the boss to be summoned with 3 Tributes and keep it as a vanilla, you unfortunately do have to make it an Effect Monster with this condition. (But you can also just give it a clause that treats it as a Normal Monster everywhere, so you technically don't lose the idea.)

By now, you know that CnC is always italicized and in another color.

This was an archetype I thought of based around the concept of the Blue-Eyes strategy but making it a bit stronger. Quite literally. The deck is based around a normal monster, but rather than it being a Level 8 one, it goes a bit higher than that, Level 12! 

To keep the power in check though, even though the main boss monster is a level 12, he does have a clause stating he must be normal summoned or set with 3 tributes ( even though he is a normal monster ). 

This is just the starting point, I will be updating in the future. If you have any ideas, please leave your thoughts below :D 

Drago-Pocolypse, the True Dragon Emperor of the Living Realms

Level 12 / Dark / Dragon / Normal

4000 attack / 4000 defense

( Even though this card is Level 8 or higher, it must be Normal Summoned/Set with 3 tributes ).

The true emperor of all dragons. He was prophesied to come back from a long slumber to bring ruin to the living worlds. His anger causes his foes to tremble, and his might is feared among all.

See above. But with the support cards in mind, you're really not going to Tribute Summon this much otherwise.

Summoner of the End

0 attack / 0 defense

You can tribute this card; Special Summon 1 “Drago-Pocolypse, the True Dragon Emperor of the Living Realms” from your hand. If this card is in your GY: you can banish 3 Level 1 DARK Spellcaster-Type Monsters with different names from your GY; Special Summon 1 “Drago-Pocolypse, the True Dragon Emperor of the Living Realms” from your Deck or GY.

This is basically "enable the Level 12" boss from anywhere. Not that it's a bad thing, though in conjunction with the next card, you still get a 4000 ATK beater for fairly minimal effort (even if the boss doesn't really do much besides being a big body). Besides the "of the End" stuff, there are other things you can banish to summon the boss, but not worth running.

Prophesier of the End

0 attack / 0 defense

When this card is Normal Summoned: you can add 1 “Drago-Pocolypse, the True Dragon Emperor of the Living Realms” from your Deck to your hand. If this card is in your GY: you can banish this card from your GY, and target 1 “Drago-Pocolypse, the True Dragon Emperor of the Living Realms” in your GY; add that target to your hand, then draw 1 card.

This + Summoner essentially equal free 4K beater (well, not really, considering you still have to Tribute Summoner). Other than that, card is fine for now.

Defender of the End

0 attack / 0 defense

FLIP: This card cannot be destroyed by battle while it is face-up on the field.

If this face-down card would be affected by a card effect, you can reveal this card to your opponent to prevent that effect from affecting this card. If a “Drago-Pocolypse, the True Dragon Emperor of the Living Realms” you control is targeted by a card or effect while this card is in your GY: you can banish this card from your GY; negate that card or effect, then destroy that card.

Card is generally tame enough as it currently is. FLIP and first effects aren't really doing much, except maybe keeping itself as Tribute fodder for the big boss if you can't summon it via the other two. I would probably just have its protection effect for the boss apply while it's on field too; not just while it's in GY. Like I noted above, you're probably SSing the boss with Summoner and not Tributing. Would make its "battle immunity" worth something more than Tribute fodder.

The Coming of the End

Spell - Normal

Send 1 “Drago-Pocolypse, the True Dragon Emperor of the Living Realms” from your Deck to your GY to add 1 “of the End” DARK Spellcaster-Type Monster from your Deck to your hand.

This one is fine. 

As an overall thing, unlike stuff like Spiral Serpent, you don't really have anything to make the boss worthwhile aside Defender's protection effect (well, least no backrow support). Like I noted above, you can't put the Tribute condition on a Normal Monster (only archetype ones that got their names from pre-arch eras). Moreover, given Summoner, you'll probably not summoning this via Tributes (even using Darkness Metal is a faster way to summon it for free).

The idea sounds okay in theory, but in practice, it's really just a big beatstick and by now, you know about effect removal and whatnot being very common. The supports help, but you need to do more. You could make more "of the End" Main Deck that can facilitate summoning more of them quickly, then providing Tribute fodder. I know you said that more's coming, but here's stuff you can add for the next one. (Then again, I'm not going to harp about the BEWD thing being broken because it's only a fan convention due to Kaiba; that really has no bearing in card design.)

(Hopefully you actually see this...)

(Hopefully you actually see this...)

Don't worry, I did ;3 

I wasn't trying to say blue-eyes is a broken set of cards. I did want to keep the power creep in check a bit, making sure than blue-eyes white dragon still has a spot as a 2 tribute 3000 attack, while this card can take the spot for a 3 tribute 4000 attack. 

I somehow want it to require 3 tributes, but be a normal monster so it can have flavor text >:( 

ah well, I'll leave both in for now. 

I've created some more of the end monsters that support summoning Drago-Pocolypse ( tributing or special summoning ) as well as some more spell/trap card support, along with a Great Magnus like boss monster, hard to summon, game winning when you do. 

changes 

- I've made the "of the end" monsters with GY negations quick effects so they now work on the opponent's turn 

additions 

- Carrier of the End 

- Searcher of the End 

- The Infernal Realm of Drago-Pocolypse 

- Infernal Fire Breath of Drago-Pocolypse 

- Crusader of the End 

- Drago-Pocolypse, the Ultimate Evil in the Universe 

Archived