Archelon of the Archtide Echelon

Guest BGMCANN0N

Guest BGMCANN0N

Archelon of the Archtide Echelon
WATER
✪✪✪✪✪✪ (Level 6)
[Dinosaur/Effect]
ATK/ 1200 DEF/ 2400

(Quick Effect): You can Special Summon this card from your hand by doing 1 of the following, and if you do it gains this corresponding effect.

• Discard 1 Sea Serpent monster: Monsters you control cannot be targeted for an attack or by card effect, except this card.
  • Destroy 1 Dinosaur monster in your hand: This card can attack while in face-up Defense Position. If it does, apply its Defense for damage calculation.
  • Send 1 Reptile monster from your hand to the GY: Once per turn, if a monster(s) you control would be destroyed by battle or by card effect you can send 1 Reptile monster from your Deck to the GY.

[spoiler=Concept]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archelon

[spoiler=Wordplay] This is obvious I know, but just for the sake  of my own sense of formality: Rhyme + Similar Spelling = Archelon + Echelon

For the most part, card is generally fine. Lack of OPT on summoning is somewhat concerning, especially as it is searchable via Fossil Dig if needed, but I don't think you'll be drawing multiples too much otherwise.

I'm not sure what Sea Serpent decks will find room for this (at least stuff that actually wants it outside Merlanteans [uh, did I spell this right?]), but the targeting thing is fine.

Dino one is somewhat iffy, though because Lost World is a thing now, need to go double check if you can still summon this card properly even if you technically use its effect to blow stuff up in the Deck instead of the Normal in hand (obvious "kill baby Dinos to trigger effect" synergy). Attacking in Defense Position is nice though.

Reptiles generally suck right now, though I guess for stuff like Venoms, you could use it as a OPT Foolish to dump more stuff and power up bosses. Would be nice if Reptiles had a better pool to work with, but yeah. 

Guest BGMCANN0N

The first effect seems a bit overpowered, seeing as your opponent would have no way to get rid of your monsters besides mass removal. Perhaps you meant "Your opponent cannot target monsters except this card with attacks or card effects"?

Yes that is exactly what I meant somehow I accidentally omitted that detail. However, that overpowered state through a similar effect has been already achieved by 1 existing Gogogo card... Being this guy: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Gogogo_Aristera_%26_Dexia

Not sure if a decks Atlanteans/ Mermails would be deserving of such capability. So a bring it back to the effect I intended it to have.

Conflicted on the Dinosaur condition, since it would destroy by cost, not by effect. Not only this has no precedence, also it wouldn't trigger cards like the Dino babies, something that I bet this card is intended to synergize with. But if you rewrite it as an effect, then the Sea Serpent condition would have to be reworded as an effect as well, removing its synergy with Atlanteans and any other WATERs that trigger when sent to the GY by a cost.

Guest BGMCANN0N

Conflicted on the Dinosaur condition, since it would destroy by cost, not by effect. Not only this has no precedence, also it wouldn't trigger cards like the Dino babies, something that I bet this card is intended to synergize with. But if you rewrite it as an effect, then the Sea Serpent condition would have to be reworded as an effect as well, removing its synergy with Atlanteans and any other WATERs that trigger when sent to the GY by a cost.

Hmm... Then how would you propose I word it so that all the effects don't miss-timing for the intended support effects?

Hmm... Then how would you propose I word it so that all the effects don't miss-timing for the intended support effects?

I have no idea. As I said, if you go for costs, then the Dino destruction won't go off. If you go for effect, discarded Atlanteans won't trigger. Hmm... how about, for the Dino condition, make it reveal a Dino on hand, then destroy it by effect:

Reveal 1 other Dinosaur monster in your hand: Special Summon this card, and if you do, destroy a card in your hand with the same name as the revealed card.

Archived