Moving the Archetype game to Card Workshop

7 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the Archetype game moved to this section?

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/334071-archetype-game/

You know what this is by now, so skipping the description on this. 

Basically, I have been considering moving it to this section for a while and retroactively adding the posts you have made in there to your overall post count.

This is no different than what has been done for the other 20-something card design games.

What changes?

Outside of being bound by the section rules (yes, I wrote rules for this section but they're common sense), nothing much.

Also, I will be enforcing the internal rules in there (and other things written down in the section/general rulebook), but I shouldn't have to penalize / remind you about anything for the most part (since you guys usually follow the rules).

I will expect that the quality will be at least decent, but that can be said about everything in Card Workshop. So far, stuff generally is.

So yeah, nothing will change, except thread being in Custom Cards instead of Games, and getting you post count [and some points].

iU8EggM.png

Ideally, I'd like to move it over soon, so if you have any questions & concerns about this, say them now.

(There is a poll available, but I prefer you actually write it out in a post.)

[spoiler=for AGM members]

@@Draconus297

@@Dova

@@The Nyx Avatar

@

@@Eshai

It can be considered to an extent, though we'll see how that works out later on. Of course, that may put a slight damper on the AGM itself in terms of designing [maybe just one card to start off everything or a sample].

To be honest, I really don't mind whether or not it stays in Games as-is or gets shifted over. Nowadays, said thread hasn't gotten much activity.

I support the switch if only because of the extra post counts, really. Reaching 10,000 posts is a long-term goal of mine, after all.

Not too keen on requiring the creation 2~3 cards along the archetype prompt since, as Sakura pointed out, it can restrict the options on whoever decides to develop a prompt, as AGMers do. However, I would be into encouraging 1 rough or draft card as an example of the intended gimmick or playstyle of the archetype.

Think a lot of you would like to hit that 10,000 poster marker because it really is something limited to the old guard nowadays [mostly]. (Well, let's just say the 1,000 / 5,000 ones are for most of you nowadays; former mostly to do forum events). But that's another matter entirely.

If it were just 1 draft card that demonstrates the basic idea, then it's workable (and "technically" card making to an extent like rest of the threads). Might also weed out some of the crazy archetype prompts, but we'd have to see. Doesn't mean AGM has to use them, especially the ones that are Link oriented, but may help with seeing how stuff should go.

• 2 weeks later...

Judging from the poll and the in-thread feedback you all have provided, I shall be moving the Archetype Game to this section in the coming days. At latest, hopefully by next week when I have some degree of break time at university and no immediate assignments to take care of in the interim. 

It will be moved and post count retroactively added; it is just a matter of "when".

====

Though, with that being said, the following changes will take effect as soon as the thread is moved (and you'll get an announcement from me in there).

1. You will be required to produce 1 concept card that relates to how the archetype is intended to work. 

Doesn't have to be some dramatic, but something that illustrates how the thing goes. I would advise that you don't go crazy on the prompts because you'll have to design the card; not the guy who ends up actually making the archetype in the end. 

(You only need 1; if you want to make more, then it's on you. Just a warning that members aren't required to actually use them.)

2. Skipping prompts must be kept to a minimum.

We know that you get ninja'd sometimes in these games, however you gotta at least try to do it. With rule 1 in play, you probably should have some time to work out a theme / concept card. But otherwise, just do it.

(You're not getting post count for /skip posts.)

Also general reminder that those of you not in AGM are free to use prompts made in the thread; it is not the sole property of AGM once posted.

Only requirement is that you don't use the tag for threads (unless your initials are this for whatever reason, though it isn't copyrighted otherwise). 

But again, nothing will change in how the game operates, barring the bolded and obvious moving. 

• 2 weeks later...

Might as well throw my 2 cents in.

I don't mind moving it; I'm all for it. Adding a rule about making a card for whatever prompt you put though... I'm not a big fan of that personally.

Not only might it influence design for the AGM, but it adds an extra condition for the person writing the prompt which could make the game even deader than it normally is.

I know the game has grown bigger than me. However, my intent for it when I started it was to be as open in fostering creativity as possible. The "don't add conditions to your archetype name" rule was an extension of this. The "minimum word for prompt" rule was not; while I personally did not like that "restriction", I was fine with making it a rule for others' sake. Ultimately, it feels like it was beneficial in the end.

I'm not unreasonable. Though I may not like it personally, if the condition for moving the game hinges on designing a card, and people are still willing to see it moved, by all means don't let a sentimental fool stop you.

...but if you could grant me a favor and at least make the rule specify that the card designed should be put in spoilers. At least that would prevent overt design influence for AGMers.

Putting the required card in spoilers should be fine. 

Reason for you needing to make a card now is generally because of the suggestion above (and well, make it actual cardmaking in CC). Also should prevent people from writing crazy archetype themes that are literally impossible to design cards for. Not sure how often that has happened in the past, but probably did.

Do the cards have to be "good"? Not necessarily Advanced quality, but just something that shows how the archetype should work out aesthetically and design-wise. It's already assumed that you'll at least put in a small amount of time to make it balanced. (It's just a concept card; not a generic single)

Like the rest of the section, Written Cards will always be fine; does not have to be with pictures.

Right, and I did say I was gonna move this a week/half ago, though things came up at the time. It should be moved sometime in the week. 

(Least Draco has his 6th star now, so...)

[spoiler=Retroactive addition list]

Draconus297    440
The Nyx Avatar    261
Tinkerer Bartholomew Melon    237
Flash Flyer - Sakura    220
MetalSonic    122
Darj    95
ChampionZero    94
Tojin    71
Dr. Jolly Glot the III    46
cardgameking    39
Fruiota_Hiroshi    38
ÆƵ–    34
Kexotero    31
Dova    30
Sebi Evalon    22
Yuya-Kun    20
~Faytl~    18
Yemachu    18
CuriousHeartless    17
GarlandChaos    16
Cobalt_000    13
towitori    12
Perry Ellis.    11
Krashkube    11
CatmanDaGamer    10
JamesMuddy    9
Libracor    9
SK79LinkXyz    9
Lystern    9
shadowliepard    8
Chaosix    7
Trebuchet MS    7
TheVanguard    6
paramott    6
AstralStarZero    5
jackelgull    5
Hellion083    4
BatMed    4
Eshai    4
Vitral    4
SkaterTheDJWolf    4
DEStroyer of worlds!    4
goodfusion    3
President Frank Underwood    3
SnowBunny    3
Hexanort    3
Ren✧    3
Dramatic Crossroad    2
Techi☺    2
ArcDesMaster    2
Naidraug    2
RtHonJohnMajor    2
- Minimania -    2
宇佐見 蓮子@C94    2
MetalRock547    2
Sluggaholic    2
Sander    1
Mr Dr Professor Spaz    1
Keroro05    1
Nathanael D. Striker    1
Thomas Zero    1
Yellow Jacket    1
Cosmo.    1
Bellringer Angel    1
NeoRWBY65    1
DoctorMiracle    1
Toffee.    1
CCDCC    1
R.Surraco    1
Ninjask Is Bae    1
Azure Wolf    1
evil cucumber    1
Aman Indra    1
kevintriedge    1
MoonlighttRose    1
InTheCards    1
I s a a c    1
Pink Sparkle    1
Octosquid    1
Uggla6    1
~ P O L A R I S ~    1
bloorocksDotD    1
Ruin    1
Alpakha    1
senorchavez    1
God Emperor Cow    1

Queen of the Abyss and Peridank didn't get retroactive additions due to them being alt. accounts (and banned as a result). But besides that, rest of you got incremented, even if only by 1 post count (yes, a few of you only posted once).

But yeah, I will be announcing the new changes to the game (now that it's moved over). So...have fun with it.

====

Any further questions can be PM'd to me.

Archived