Brainstorming Level 5+ monsters with good generic effects that can be normal summoned

What the title says basically. It doesn't matter if the monster requires 1, 2 or even 3 tributes, so long as its normal summon able and has a good or even game breaking effect that doesn't require an archetype to be good.

EG Yamata Dragon since drawing until you have 5 cards is awesome,

NOT Gravekeeper's Chief since its effects only useful in a Grave Keeper deck.

edit: I should have said this before, but I'd like to limit this to good effects that only need to stay active/activate for 1 of your turns.

limiting it to non eternal effects kinda hurts my list, but here goes:

dark dust spirit is one of my favorites. drop it on board for a lightning vortex on legs.

if you want effective killers, super conductor tyranno (the 3300 one, not the 3500 one) has a massive body and does really good damage, with a decent burn effect.

the gren maju lineup has a couple of tribute summon monsters.

while not often used in such a manner, Cyber dragon does happen to be a free Ulink board breaker. That helps break iblee of your field as well.

I suppose mare mare counts, since normal summoning it still allows you to use the token effect. 

WDoR sphere mode counts as a tribute summon, and considering the meta, it's a damn strong one.

Timelords all have insane effects, and count as tribute summon monsters, While having the ability to Normal Summon them for free if your board happens to be empty.

Obligatory mention of Barbaros, both for being able to come out for free and the nuke if you can commit 3 Tributes to the board.

Great Shogun Shien works best in Six Sams, but a 2500 beater that chokes your opponent down to a single Spell per turn can be incredibly useful. Medium of the Ice Barrier has the same choke effect, but her stats are lower and her Special Summoning condition requires your opponent to be ahead.

Ancient Gear Reactor Dragon is an Ancient Gear that pops backrow each time it attacks, and if you're willing to commit Ancient Gear or Gadget Tribute fodder, you can also give it piercing or make it a double attacker. Not on the same power scale, but definitely useful.

The problem is that for most of these, you'd definitely prefer just Special Summoning them.

Archived