Vendread Support Ideas

Ultimagamer

These were some vendread support cards I thought of. Give them more consistency and help make up for the biggest downsides of the deck, while also keeping the support focused around the ritual centered aspect of the deck. 

Quick Note: Joseph and Maria are the people featured on the locket picture of Revendread Origin ( lore wise ), not official, I just thought they sound good 

Please leave your thoughts below :D 

Vendread Joseph

Level 4 / Dark / Zombie / Effect

1500 attack / 1000 defense

When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 “Vendread” Monster from your Deck, except “Vendread Joseph”. You can only use this effect of “Vendread Joseph” once per turn. You cannot Special Summon Link Monsters during the turn you activate this effect, except “Vendread” Monsters. If this card is tributed or banished: you can target 1 “Vendread” Monster in your GY or banished cards, except “Vendread Joseph”; Special Summon that target to your field.

Vendread Maria

Level 4 / Dark / Zombie / Effect

1200 attack / 1000 defense

When this card is Summoned: You can either add 1 “Vendread” Card from your Deck to your hand, except “Vendread Maria” or send 1 “Vendread” Card from your Deck to your GY, except “Vendread Maria”. You can only use this effect of “Vendread Maria” once per turn. If this card is tributed or banished: you can target 1 “Vendread” Monster in your GY or banished cards, except “Vendread Maria”; Special Summon that target to your field.

Revendread Rebirth

Spell - Ritual

Ritual Summon 1 “Vendread” Ritual Monster from your hand, GY, or banished cards by tributing the required Ritual Materials from your hand or field, or by banishing Monsters from your GY whose total Levels equal or exceed the Level of the Monster you Ritual Summon. If a “Vendread” Monster would give a Ritual Monster an effect if used as a Ritual Material on the field, it can give the effect regardless of where is was tributed or banished from. If a “Vendread Battlelord”, “Vendread Chimera”, or “Revendread Executer” you control would be destroyed by battle or by a card effect while this card is in your GY, you can banish this card from your GY instead. You can only activate 1 “Revendread Rebirth” per turn.

Vendread Revenge

Trap - Counter

When your opponent activates a Spell/Trap Card or effect while you control a “Vendread” Monster: Tribute 1 “Vendread’ Ritual Monster from your hand or field; negate the activation or effect, then banish that card. After this effect resolves, you can Special Summon “Vendread” Monsters from your hand, GY, or banished cards whose total combined Levels are less than or equal to the Level of the “Vendread” Ritual Monster tributed to activate this card. Those Summoned Monsters cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects while they remain face-up on the field. You can only activate 1 “Vendread Revenge” per turn.

Vendread Joseph & Maria

Both are great and exactly what the Deck needs, however since Knightmares are still meta and the fact that Vendreads have now the ability to Extra Link with only the combination of Slayer and Ritual Spell, I think they should have the following restriction "You cannot Special Summon Link Monsters during the turn you activate either of this card's effects, except “Vendread” Monsters OR Zombies Link monsters. (Whichever suits you)".

Revendread Rebirth

I understand what you're trying to do here. However, there is a good reason for Vendreads to be on the field in order to give the Rituals the extra effects as said effects are powerful (At least speaking of Revenants and Hounhorde), you already solved this issue with Joseph and Maria so there is no need for that effect IMO. On the other hand, I like what you did with the last protection effect (pre-prep ftw). Also, the activation range is a bit wide and might end-up outclassing Origin, but then again Origin searches Slayer which happens to have the best float effect in the archetype, BUT now that Battlelord is searchable with pre-prep, this might be an issue (I'm talking about outclassing Origin). I'm suggesting to cut the range to the following "Ritual Summon 1 “Vendread” Ritual Monster from your hand or that is banished" to make it both and Origin useful, without one outclassing the other.

Vendread Revenge

It's a Trap, Traps are slow, you can even make a Trap that literally says "You win the Duel" and everyone will complain because it's a TRAP and TRAPS ARE SLOW. Jokes aside, I have two complaints:

1 - The secondary effect also triggers when you Tribute a Ritual from your hand, it should not IMO.

2 - Tributing a face-up Slayer or Battlelord will end-up with ridiculous pluses, especially with Maria & Joseph in mind AND, furthermore they are protected for your next turn shenanigans.

My suggestions are to trigger the secondary effects ONLY if you Tribute the monster from the field and to either negate the effects of monsters summoned by its effects or to remove that protection.

Overall, nice support cards. Zombies are one (if not the best) of the types that have the most ridiculous op tech cards (Uni-Zombie, Goblin Zombie, Mezuki, Gozuki, Omega (lol), etc...) yet KONAMI didn't give them an "Ultimate Conductor Tyranno-Deck Box" they deserve. The only good cards in their latest Structure Deck were Banshee and Drochshuile, and they are definitely not enough.

Archived