Earthenware Claymore

Guest BGMCANN0N

Guest BGMCANN0N

Earthenware Claymore
[Equip Spell]

Equip only to a Rock monster you control. It gains 800 ATK and DEF. The equipped monster can attack while in Defense Position. If it does, apply its DEF for the damage calculation. If the equipped monster declares an attack, or is targeted for an attack or by card effect: You can destroy 1 card on your opponent's side of the field, then send this card to the GY.

[spoiler=Concept + Design Notes]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claymore

Also, made this in response to Rock monsters having their own equip spell being long overdue. Kind of not what they want, but whatever... I digress. In my eyes, they get one whether they want it or not.

[spoiler=Word Play] Earthenware: Clay

Claymore has the word "clay" in it despite nothing to do with that material (rather it has something to do with Gaelic etymology and the English language making the word into the way it sounded). So this would be a clay-made version of the sword if that makes sense.

Also took Darj's suggestion: And made it into a triple entendre as the effect implies it relates to the M-18 Claymore. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M18_Claymore_mine So I guess... One the sword would embody the explosive somehow too. XD

Guest BGMCANN0N

IMO making the card float in one way or another can help. Otherwise, as an Equip that only boosts stats and relies on battle won't have much impact. Claymore is also a type of mine so you can get some ideas from that.

I like your way of thinking in regard to the potential of this being a triple entendre... Perhaps it can have some destruction related effect that activates in response to an attack or something. I'll play around with it.

You could also try working that destruction effect into the Attack Position one; if it fights something, then you can immediately kill without applying damage calcs and burn. Would probably make the ATK boost moot unless in the case of multiple attacks, but suppose it'll help somewhere. 

Or you could just give the Equip an Armed Dragon type effect to destroy something with equal/lower ATK than its stat in current position (which should get around fact that Links don't have DEF).

IDK, up to you. 

Archived