Summoned Skull Support

SecondSeraphim

So, the current Summoned Skull stuff kind of sucks, which is a shame cause that card triggers the nostalgia button something fierce. Anyway, I tried to support the summoning part of the name, as well as make them reliant on using many of the new forms. Enjoy!

Throne of the Summoned Skull       Field Spell

“Skull Archfiend” monsters in your GY are also treated as being named “Summoned Skull”, but if a “Summoned Skull” Effect Monster is Special Summoned from your GY by a monster effect; banish it when it leaves the field. “Summoned Skull” that you control gain 300 ATK for each Monster Card Type among “Summoned Skull” in your GY (Normal, Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, XYZ, Link).

King Skull Archfiend                       DARK/Fiend/Link                              ATK 2500 / Link 3     DR, D, DL

3 Fiend Monsters

When Link Summoning this card, “Summoned Skull” you control can count toward 2 of this card’s Link Materials. This card's name becomes "Summoned Skull" while on the field, but it is still treated as an "Archfiend" card. While Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, or XYZ Summoning “Skull Archfiend” monsters you can also banish Materials from your GY for the Summon (the XYZ materials are attached to the XYZ monster, but are banished if they would be sent to the GY).

Awakened Skull Archfiend              DARK/Fiend/XYZ                             ATK 2500 / DEF 1200

2 LV 6 monsters

This card's name becomes "Summoned Skull" while on the field, but it is still treated as an "Archfiend" card. Once per turn you can detach an XYZ material from this card to target an opponent’s monster and a “Summoned Skull” or “Skull Archfiend” monster from among your banished cards; destroy the first target, and if you do, Special Summon the second.

Re-Summoning the Skull                 Normal Trap

Special Summon a “Summoned Skull” or “Skull Archfiend” monster from among your banished cards or from your GY, then if the Special Summoned monster was an XYZ Monster, attach this card to it as Material. You can only activate one “Re-Summoning the Skull” per turn. If a “Summoned Skull” you control would be destroyed by battle or by an opponent’s card effect, you can banish this card and a “Summoned Skull” from your GY instead.

Eternal Howl of the Skull                 Quick-Play Spell

You can only activate 1 “Eternal Howl of the Skull” per turn. Activate and resolve in sequence the following effects dependent on the number of Monster Card Type among “Summoned Skull” you control (Normal, Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, XYZ, Link):

1+: Draw a card.

2 +: Destroy up to 2 cards your opponent controls.

3+: Banish your opponent’s GY.

If you control 4 or more Monster Card Types among “Summoned Skull” you control, the opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to this card’s activation, or in response to the activation of any of your cards activated later in the same Chain.

I really don't like the idea behind Summoner of the Skull. Having 4 effects that you can choose from and all activate at the same time really speaks of indecisiveness, not knowing how to support it so just make a one-card-fits-all type. I'd suggest splitting 2 or maybe even 3 of these as different effects on the same card at least, or perhaps just taking 2 and 2 and putting them on different cards. Certainly make it a little more interesting than Normal Summon or lose. Yes, it enables all of your monsters, but perhaps you could make...4 cards that worked together, and each that Summons a Summoned Skull of its own in some way. Hmm....

Was really hoping the field would turn all Level 6 Fiends in your GY to Summoned Skull or something similar, as right now all of the one's Konami has made aren't...they can't even Summoned eachother ;-; Otherwise, I do like it. Perhaps, if you do make the changes to split up Summoner, why not make a mini-archetype, of which this card instead searches any one of your choice? Gives you the opportunity to be a little more creative, you know?

Rest of your cards are pretty good. Really like your Link boss, the Trap, and absolute ADORE how Howl works. Just wish Awakened Skull had some protection to go with the rest of the Summoned Skulls, considering how it also technically needs two of them to work.

One other thing I would like to see is more play with the og Summoned Skull. Maybe one monster brings it out, the Synchro enabler lowers a Level 6 monster's Level by 3, etc. Throw in a couple of Summoning restrictions, but I see potential crazy combo plays if you open it up a bit more. Very bland to begin with, but I do like how this set pans out.

This is some good work, i love the mechanic for King Skull Archfiend  that summon skull counts for two of its links, really nice way to be support card, also the trap card is really nice to encourage a diverse play style. The one problem I have is with Summoner of the Skull, having so many abilities seems to much, can be split into multiple cards with no problem. I'd say keep the first two options, so it can gets cards to summon the ritual monster or prepare material for it, like how the manju of hands cards work.

Decided to get rid of Summoner and split him into multiple cards. Here they are for your viewing pleasure.

Skull Spellmaster        DARK/Fiend/Level 3               ATK 1250 / DEF 600

Once per turn, you may activate one of the following effects:

• Discard a Ritual Monster or a Ritual Spell Card and if you do, add a “Polymerization” Spell Card or a “Fusion” Spell Card from your Deck to your hand.
  • Discard a “Polymerization” Spell Card or a “Fusion” Spell, and if you do, add a Ritual Monster or a Ritual Spell Card from your Deck to your hand.

You cannot Special Summon monsters the turn you activate the above effect, except DARK monsters.

Skull Warmaster        DARK/Fiend/Tuner/Level 3               ATK 1250 / DEF 600

If this card is Normal Summoned, you can Special Summon a level 3 or lower Fiend monster from your hand. Up to twice per turn, you can target a Fiend monster you control; it becomes level 6. You cannot Special Summon monsters the turn you activate either of the above effects, except DARK monsters.

Skull Fusion Awakening         Normal Spell

Fusion Summon 1 DARK monster, using monsters from your hand or field as Fusion Material, including a “Summoned Skull” you control or that is in your hand. During your turn, except the turn this card was sent to the GY, you can banish this card from your GY: target a Ritual Spell Card or DARK Ritual monster in your GY; add it to your hand.

Archived