Yu-Gi-Oh: STARS

0PxPz0

A collection of the posts from the ongoing "Yu-Gi-Oh: STARS" RP slightly edited by yours truly to be placed in a story format and used for any participants to reference

[spoiler=Notes]

due to the collaborative nature of this writing it may switch "voice" from time to time as it shifts between posts, I am not the 100% author and have no control over the choices of characters that are not my own, any edits i've made to other's posts were merely grammatical

[spoiler=Authors]

Hiro/Hikara Yūrei - myself

Venus Rose Wood - The Frost King

Paul Gambini - Krashkube

Enigma Infinita - JellisOP

any other characters are played by a mix of myself and Libracor, the original host, who has taken a (hopefully temporary) leave from the RP

[spoiler=Prologue]

[spoiler=Part 1 - Yūrei Twins/Venus/Enigma]

Ley City, a lovely island in the Atlantic known for its draw on those that take part in the most popular game in the world, Duel Monsters. Here those known as duelists come from far and wide to test their skills and cards, it’s said any dispute that has ever taken place on the small speck of land has resulted in a duel of the famously ancient card game.

This island is also home to to a myth as old as the game, the legendary Star cards, said to appear in a heavenly light from above these cards appear to worthy duelists in need and shape themselves to fit their new masters, those to receive a Star card often go on to great things in the dueling world, whether they become major league professionals or card creators themselves a Star is a sure sign of success.

The last Stars sightings were over fifteen years ago, only for the mythical cards to reemerge and set five teens on a journey that would lead them to discover the very secrets of the mysterious and powerful cards.

Two such teens were Hiro Yūrei, a shy boy that preferred to let his sister fight his battles for him, and Venus Rose Wood, a young girl with an odd affinity for flowers. After discovering their own Stars as well as each other the pair, along with Hiro’s twin sister Hikara, began research on the Stars to discover why the pair had been chosen.

"So he's called Phantom Hero S-P Ultima. He's pretty cool cause it takes four of the other Heroes to summon him."

the boy excitedly held out the strange card for his sister and newfound friend to see along with a picture of the comic book hero from his phone for comparison while the two girls combed the web for info on other Star sightings in the break room of a shop the twins frequented.

"You should have seen him summon that thing, it was pretty impressive." his sister replied "This huge jerk had Hiro on the ropes outside the school when this thing fell from the sky and totally turned the tables for him!"

"Hikara!" Hiro blushed and play hit his sister at the compliment before delicately returning the card to it's spot in his Extra Deck.

Venus grinned at her new friends embarrassment, the pair had been to quick to accept her.

"I wish I could remember what happened though, the blank card landed in front of me and the rest is kind of blurry." he immediately continued, to excited about finding another Star owner to realize he hadn't given their guest the chance to speak yet. "Even worse, the footage Hikara shot for me of the duel is missing." Hiro complained as his sister pulled up yet another article.

"It does say weird things happen when Stars are used for the first time." Hikara highlighted the passage as she spoke.

Venus was semi-relieved to hear what had happened to Hiro's phone, she remembered a few people recorded her duel. With how rare Stars cards were, anybody who had one was sure enough to get a lot of attention, With attention being the number one thing that Venus didn’t want, she hoped that what happened to their footage also happened to the people who had recorded her duel.

"So yeah that's all we have so far." The twins exchanged a look and asked in almost perfect unison aside from Hiro adding the word "miss" to her name. "What was yours like Venus?"

"What was mine like?" Venus asked nervously, taking a while to process the question. "Oh. Well um, I was dueling and, well, got into a pinch when suddenly the Star card came to me." Venus sort of shrugged, taking a short break to think of what to say next. "I didn't know what to do when I saw it. At the moment I was really nervous, but when I touched it, I kind of felt courage build up inside me. . . if that makes any sense."

Venus looked back and forth between the twins, slightly worried that she might've said something that would make them think that she was weird.

"Oh, I should probably show you it." Reaching into her purse that laid nearby, she pulled out her deck and took the top card which she held out for them to see.

The art of the white bordered card depicted a beautiful dragon similar in appearance to Black Rose Dragon. Unlike Black Rose Dragon, the dragon had a body made out of large white flower petals instead of black ones and its wings were made of large flower petals of varying bright colors.

It’s called Bloom Color Dragon" Venus shyly looked away "I know it may not be as cool as Hiro's card but I like it very much."

"Are you kidding that's awesome!" Hiro had to hold back his desire to take the card from her hand, his sister simply nodded in agreement, immediately going back to researching the Star. "All mine does is copy my banished monsters effects, yours can do something useful, taking out back row."

As the trio talked about Venus' Star a man with a blonde afro that bobbed with every step he took entered the room.

"If you two are gonna start bringing friends around I can't let you hang out in my break room anymore." He said sarcastically as he took a seat with the group.

"Liam you wouldn't want to be known as the guy who kicked two Star holders out of a card shop would you?" Hikara smirked as she taunted the owner of the store, who moments ago had been fangirling over the fact that there was even one Star in his shop.

"Yeah whatever." it was obvious he had moved on from freaking out to trying to play it cool in front of Hiro and Venus. "I guess you three don't wanna hear about the rumors then?" he smirked, his statement finally getting a reaction out of his long time rival in sarcasm.

Liam gestured for the three to come closer, which both the twins and Venus did reluctantly. "Supposedly there are Stars cards showing up around town."

Hikara looked at him annoyed, thinking he was referring to Hiro and Venus "We know that you big idiot, they're in this room."

He shook his head, causing his massive hair to bob more than usual "All over Ley City, there's at least three different Stars siting's supposedly, meaning Hiro and . . . her" Liam pointed at Venus, clearly not remembering her name "Aren't the only ones and assuming they're two of them that's at least one other Stars user to look for."

This time it was Hiro's turn to research, looking for anyone talking about Stars online.

"There's nothing anywhere on the forums I look at, and Hikara's been looking for info on your computer all day." he replied, slightly disappointed.

"Well where's your video of the duel?" Liam knew the young duelist’s habit of recording duels and had overheard the video had mysteriously vanished from his phone afterward. "Clearly there's something about Stars that gets rid of any real proof of them.

Suddenly the three duelists each received an alert on their phones, especially strange as both Hiro and Hikara were the only ones in each others contact lists, except of course their parents.

Meet at Theatre Blanc. Noon. Two days. Bring Stars

Enigma Infinita, one of the world's youngest billionaires and soul heir of the missing Duel Monsters tech mogul Paradox Infinita, looked down on the city, just wondering. He had an important meeting tomorrow, he had his mother drowning him in mail, electronic and real, and he still had zero clue where his father was. He needed a break.

Enigma stepped into the elevator to his penthouse apartment of the Infinita Industries Tower. After what seemed like an eternity he reached the top floor and headed for his room to grab his duel disk, a custom purple and white in the shape of a blade. On the way out Enigma was confronted by his butler.

“Ah, Sir, you are on your way out, aren’t you?”the old man spoke with the voice of an old family friend which, to Enigma at least, he was.

Oh, Julius! I didn’t know you were there! Yes I am, could you make sure that you get my mail? And if you see mail from my mother, take note of any serious threats, but otherwise, toss it.

Yes Sir.

He hopped into the elevator and checked his phone, seeing the news of the Stars cards from his network of duel scouts he checked his companies duel data logs, to see if, as of resent, there were any duels with lost footage, or otherwise missing data. The program led him to many duels, at the top of the list was a girl named ‘Venus/Bloom’.

Plants, huh? Might as well start there.

He knew this could be his chance to get some of his companies renown back. This is the latest mystery, and he will be the one to crack it. He checked and sorted through his sort of illegal camera systems logs, to discover that she was at a card shop in town. He got outside, hopped on his runner, and rolled into the city.

Enigma entered the card shop, looking around quickly. He recognized many of the characters from his childhood, but he had work to do.

He walked up to the person at the front deck, and asked,"Excuse me, sir, but I am looking for a girl named Venus? If you know her, could you please point me into her direction? That would be fantastic."

"Venus . . ." the guy behind the register mumbled the name, trying to remember whether or not he'd heard it. "Not sure, does she work a shift here or something? You should probably just ask Liam."

Enigma responded as politely as he could manage to someone with such a lackluster attitude. "Alrighty, thank you sir, where is he? In the back room?"

"Yeah, the break room, I can get him if you want." the teen clearly didn't care to much for the conversation

"No, that is fine, I'll just go to him." Enigma walked over to the door, not wanting to deal with the apathetic cashier any longer, and knocked twice. "Hello, is Liam back there?" He called out. "I’m looking for a Venus, I would like to speak with her.

"Hikara . . . ." Hiro was freaked out, he had never given anyone his number and now he, along with his twin and their friend, were getting a text from some stranger telling all three to meet them somewhere?

"’Meet at Theatre Blanc. Noon. Two days. Bring Stars.’ Venus, yours say the same thing?" Hikara's tone was serious and flat.

"Well this seems like a Stars user only thing so I'm just gonna step ou-" Liam was immediately interrupted by someone knocking on his break room door.

"Hello, I am looking for a Liam?"

He gave a nervous grin and headed to the door, happy to get away from the freaky texts. Although he didn't quite hear what was said next to anything was better than whatever was going on with those three.

"Give me a second, I'm on my way!"

The store owner opened the door to see yet another teen, this one well dressed and somewhat familiar.

"First, who let you back here, second welcome valued customer, if there's anything you need assistance with please see the register." There was a certain amount of sarcasm to the cheery way he responded, as if he’d dealt with similar situations in the past and was used to it.

"Excuse me, but I'd prefer if you'd lay off the sarcasm. Especially because of who I am. Your guy didn't stop me." Enigma said, looking into his eyes as if he planned on devouring the taller man's soul. "I apologize. I need to introduce myself. I am Enigma Infinita, current CEO of Infinita Industries, I have taken an interest into Venus, as she has missing data from a duel. I think it has something to do with Stars cards. So, if you please, Mr. Liam, I need to speak to her." His eyes narrowed as he found the girl matching the image in his database, his words biting with each syllable.

Why is he interested in Stars cards?” Venus wondered. With the best way to find out being to ask him, she took a deep breath, stood up, and walked over to where Liam and Enigma were.

"W-what do you want?" She asked, trying her best to not sound nervous.

Hiro breathing became sporadic. "H-Hikara." he was barely able to sputter out her name before his twin grabbed his hand, recognizing his behavior as a panic attack, and forced her way into the main storefront, dragging him behind her.

"Out of my way, now!"

Liam immediately moved, knowing just how scary that girl could be when she wanted to, while Hikara brought her brother to the other end of the shop, sitting him on the stool for reaching the higher shelves.

"Look through my duels from last weekend." She instructed, handing her brother her phone with a video queued up before returning to the break room to figure out what was going on. "Liam, Venus, you." she looked at Enigma angrily. "One at a time, what's going on?"

Enigma's face changed expressions quickly, changing from a casual yet forced smile to a scowl. "Now, you have no clue who you are messing with. I am Enigma Infinita! I have a lot riding on this. If you are even considering trying to stop me, there are ways we can do this!"

He marched outside to his Runner and pulled out his suitcase. Returned to present it to Hikara before opening it and revealing his duel disk, which Enigma attached lightning fast to his arm.

He looked the new girl in the eyes and said only two words "Duel me." Enigma shifted emotion on a dime as he turned to Venus. "Sorry, I hope this doesn't make you not want to speak with me about your Stars, whether or not you have one." He gave an I-hope-this-doesn't-make-things -awkward stare then refocused on Hikara, awaiting her response.

Hikara just rolled her eyes and returned to the break room, grabbing one of the spare duel disks Liam kept in the back for customers to play test decks, upon returning she shoved her phone into Venus' hands.

"Record this for me ‘kay? Hiro would definitely want the footage." Her face grew serious as she pulled her deck out from the hidden pocket in her hat and placed it in the duel disk. "We should probably go outside if we're going to do this, but honestly you're kinda overreacting, you can back down of you wanna save face." Hikara said nonchalantly, as if this was more of an inconvenience to her than anything else.

Venus followed the two outside, surprised by how gentleman like Enigma tried to present himself, even holding his hand out to shake. She noticed Hiro sitting on a stool on the other side of the store and decided to try helping however she could. Running back into the break room, she grabbed her deck and ran over to Hiro.

"How's that one Hiro? Get all the cards you wanted to see?"

"Yeah, that one was better than usual, I'll have to add it to the top ten when we get home!"

The video ended and the screen transitioned to the gallery. Hiro shakily selected the next video, this one labeled ‘WhsprVHkra’, when Venus came over and placed her deck near him.

"Um, you can look through my deck if you want." she said shyly, placing her deck gently in front of Hiro.

he nodded meekly but chose to ignore it, not wanting to ruin the surprise of seeing her deck in action some time.

"Whisper of Infernos inflicts three hundred damage to your life points!"

Hiro smirked and mouthed what his sister said next, admiring her dueling confidence.

"Did you forget about my continuous? You'll just take the same amount of damage smart guy."

Hiro loved it when she made little comments like that, especially when afterward she'd be so nice and tell the person how they could have done better just so the duel would be more fun for him to watch next time.

With that done,Venus quickly ran outside and started recording just as the duel began, hoping that her hands wouldn't shake much while holding the phone.

I'll take the First turn." Enigma looked at his hand.

Good enough for going first.” he thought.

"I set a monster Face-Down, and set a card face-down." Enigma looked straight into his opponents eyes, unflinching. "Your move."

Hikara followed his lead. "Alright then Draw!"

she grinned as she drew her opening hand.

"First I bring out ole' reliable himself, or I should say themselves, I summon Umbra the False Light in attack!"

[spoiler='Umbra the False Light

(Warrior/Dark/Lvl 4/ATK 0/DEF 0)

"When this card is summoned, Special Summon as many "Umbra the False Light" as possible from your hand, deck, or graveyard. Each time your opponent takes damage by the effect of an "Umbra" card this card gains 200 ATK. If an "Umbra" monster is removed from the field inflict 50 damage to your opponent."

As she placed the card on the basic model duel disk a shadow appeared on the ground, from it raised a dark knight holding a lance, eerie turquoise flame cascading from atop his helmet like a ribbon.

"And guess what? My dark knight doesn't come alone.” she boasted as two more cards ejected from her duel disk, which she placed on either side of her monster. So rise, two more False Light in defense!"

Hikara raised her hand up as two more copies of the monster appeared, their weapons planted before them in the ground in a defensive stance.

"Next I tribute my attack position monster to Special Summon Umbra the Dark Herald from my hand."

[spoiler='Umbra the Dark Herald

(Warrior/Dark/Lvl 6/ATK 0/DEF 0)

"This card cannot be Normal Summon/Set and can only be Special Summoned (from the hand) by tributing one "Umbra" monster. When this card is summoned add one "Umbra" monster from your deck or graveyard to your hand. If this card declares an attack against a monster with higher ATK or DEF than this cards ATK negate that attack and inflict damage to your opponent equal to half the damage you would have taken, This card gains ATK and DEF equal to the damage dealt by this effect."

The middle monster was consumed by darkness, from what little anyone could see it appeared to be in pain, struggling, until it vanished and was replaced by a shadowy figure on a pitch black horse, eyes red and flaming.

"Now I'm sure you're disappointed by my monsters having zero attack and defense but they'll make up for it, cause when I tributed one of my monsters it activated the other two False Light's effects, inflicting a total of one hundred damage to you and raising both of their attack by four hundred, plus I get to add an Umbra card to my hand when I summon my Herald!" Hikara explained, more for Hiro’s later enjoyment than Enigma’s understanding.

She grinned as the card was ejected from her deck and her monsters struck Enigma, both swinging their lance at him causing two arcs of their light blue flame to shoot out, heading straight for his chest in a huge burning 'X'.

"I think that's enough for now." she stuck her tongue out at her opponent playfully and hit the button on her duel disk to signify the end of her turn.

Enigma Scoffed. "You call that a turn?"

He drew a card and smiled.

"Perfect! I flip up my Lightbringing Crystal!" he said with a grandiose hand gesture.

From the card appeared a translucent crystal.

"I activate its effect! By tributing it, I give you an Anti-Lightbringing Token with the type of your Dark Herald, and I get a monster from my deck, and I choose Lightbringing Archer, in Defence!"

[spoiler='Lightbringing Archer

(LIGHT/Warrior/Effect/3/700/800)

"During your Main Phase, while your opponent controls at least 2 monsters of the same Type, You can Special Summon this monster from your Hand. When this monster is Special Summoned: Special Summon 1 "Lightbringing" monster from your Deck, other than "Lightbringing Archer". You may only use this effect once per turn."

A black warrior appeared on Hikara’s field, while an Archer drops in from the sky, along with a Dragon.

"Lucky me!” Enigma explained. “When Archer Appears, I get to summon a monster from my deck! I choose Lightbringing Dragon, in attack!

[spoiler='Lightbringing Dragon

(LIGHT/Dragon/Effect/7/2400/2600)

During your Main Phase 1, if your opponent controls 2 or more Monsters of the same Type, you may Special Summon this card(from your hand), and if you do; declare 1 Monster Type, and if you do; while this card is face up, Monsters of the declared Type have their effects negated. Once per turn, you can change this card to LV 3 ; and if you do,This card counts as 2 Xyz Material for the Xyz Summon of a "Lightbringing" Monster. You may only use each of these effects once per turn.

The dragon’s eyes shone white as it roared magnificantly. "Now, my Dragon uses it's effect, while you have two or more warrior monsters, warrior type monster's have their effects negated!" He smiled slightly, and then resumed his poker face. "Lightbringing Dragon, attack Dark Herald! Justice Stream!"

Hikara smirked and turned to Venus "Hiro you know what I'll do right?"

She returned focus to Enigma and placed a monster onto her duel disk "I activate the effect of Umbra Essence in my hand!"

[spoiler='Umbra Essence

(Fiend/Dark/Lvl 1/ATK 0/DEF 0)

"When your opponent declares an attack or an "Umbra" monster you control leaves the field you can Special Summon this card. your opponent cannot attack until the endphase after this card is summoned. You can tribute this card, add one "Umbra" card from your deck or graveyard to your hand."

A mote of deep blue flame appeared on the field, constantly changing shape and distracting the dragon.

"See when you try to attack or take out an Umbra monster I can summon this little cutie from my hand, then you can't attack till the endphase." She shrugged and watched as the enormous dragons roar ceased and it stared idly at the hypnotic cobalt fire. "Anything else?"

"ActuallyI think I'll play a Field Spell from my hand, Lightbringing Crest!"

Suddenly, a light appeared from the sky, and an outline appeared, showing a glyph of a dragon.

"Now I'll use it's effect!" The Dragon Glyph's eyes glowed, and the duel disk shot out five cards as Enigma spoke."I declare Warrior! Which means that I draw one for every warrior you control, That means five!"

He looked at his hand in thought. “Man, this is my lucky day.

"I normal summon Lightbringing Paladin!" He declared as a knight with the emblem of the crest  on his shield dropped from the sky onto the field. "Now, when he is Summoned, and you control two or more monsters of the same type, I destroy one of your monsters, and summon one from my hand! I destroy Dark Herald and Summon Lightbringing Support Sorceress!"

[spoiler='Lightbringing Paladin

LIGHT/Warrior/Effect/3/1200/400

"When this card is Normal Summoned, if your Opponent controls two or more Monsters of the same Type, destroy one Monster your opponent controls; and if you do, Special Summon one "Lightbringing" Monster from your Hand."

[spoiler='Lightbrining Support Sorceress

LIGHT/Spellcaster/Effect/3/400/700

When this Special Summoned card is on the field, Your opponent cannot activate effects from his GY, if he controls 2 Monsters with the same Type.

"Pffft!" Hikara broke out laughing as her monster melted into shadows and vanished. "I destroy your Dark Herald and Summon Lightbrining Sorceress!" She mocked in a deep, serious, voice. "Come on man, it's not that serious! All you did was take out a monster without any attack or defense and who's effect was negated, not much of an achievement."

She gestured for him to continue while examining her hand "It does kinda suck he gave me that stupid token, I'll have to use my spear to its full potential."

Enigma growled. "At least now my Sorceress has it's effect! You can't use Graveyard effects!"

He looked at his hand and picked one out. "I set one card and end my turn."

"Alright then, I draw."

She added the card to her hand, immediately choosing another

"First I'll activate a continuous spell called Painful Pleasure."

[spoiler='Painful Pleasure

Continuous Spell

"Each time you lose life points from a card effect activate one of the following effect, if that card effect is from a card you control activate both effects instead;

- inflict damage to your opponent equal to amount of life points you lost.

- regain life points equal to half the amount of life points you lost."

As the card went down chains erupted from the ground, wrapping around each duelists legs, torso, and arms separately.

"Feels good doesn't it? Just remember pretty boy, the safe word is  Kuriboh." she winked at Enigma hoping it would infuriate him more. "Next I think I should do something about that field of yours so I'll play Umbra's Shadow Spear from my hand."

[spoiler='Umbra's Shadow Spear

Spell

"Choose one;

- Destroy on monster on the field, inflict 500 damage to your opponent.
- Discard up to three cards then target the same number of cards on the field, destroy those cards.
- Pay 1000 Life points, destroy all monsters on the field, both players take damage equal to the number of destroyed monsters X100.

Immediately after one of this cards effects resolves, Special Summon this card as an an effect monster (Warrior-Type/Dark/Lvl 3/ATK 0/DEF 0) with this effect "This cards ATK is equal to the damage dealt to a player by one of this cards effects." instead of sending it to the graveyard.

A black spear held by a ghostly arm phased into existence on her field, ready to be thrown.

Enigma breathed in and out. He felt himself become calm. "Okay, I play Lightbringing Reconnaissance. This lets me see your hand, and I discard one of them, as long as I control a Lightbringing monster. Now, let's see that hand."

"What can you do?" Hikara shrugged and hit the 'reveal' button on her disk causing four enormous cards to appear on the field 'Death of the Hero', a trap she loved to use against her brother, Umbra's Midnight Armor', an equip spell, 'Umbra's Ghost Sword', another equip, and 'Devourer of Sins’

"Quite the hand if I do say so myself, what'd you think Hiro?" she addressed Venus and the camera once more.

"I'll send Death of the Hero to the grave."

Enigma looked at her hand, worried. “Devourer of Sins?” he thought. “Man, I don’t want to know what that is.

"Anyway back to my spell, Umbra's shadow Spear, see it has three effects to choose from, and thanks to the way you've filled up the field I'm stuck with using the third." she said, seemingly annoyed at having to use the third effect for some reason, as if it was inconvenient for her.

"It's about to get complicated so let's go through this in steps. First I pay one thousand life points."

The ghostly hand turned to slash at her with the spear causing her to step back.

"Next Painful Pleasure activates since I've lost life points, inflicting the same amount of damage to you and recovering half for me." As she said it the chains on Enigma tightened and pulled him towards the ground while Hikara's became looser.

"Next up my spear destroys every monster on the field."

The ghastly hand flung the spear to the center of the field erupting in a shadowy mist that dragged every monster on the field to the grave.

"And now we both take a hundred damage for each destroyed monster plus my damage is halved by my spell and you take the same amount thanks, once again, to my continuous spell."

The dark fog swarmed the two duelists while the chains loosened and tightened once again.

"Lastly my spear becomes a monster with attack equal to the damage dealt to one of us."

[spoiler='Umbra's Shadow Spear

(Warrior-Type/Dark/Lvl 3/ATK 1000/DEF 0)

"This cards ATK is equal to the damage dealt to a player by one of this cards effects." instead of sending it to the graveyard."

The black spear reappeared on the field, this time held by what looked like a silhouette.

"I'll end there for now."

"Hold it!" Enigma stated. "I use Lightbringing Mime! When you summon a monster, it summons itself to your field, with the same type!"

[spoiler='Lightbringing Mime

(Light Dark/Psychic Warrioir/Effect/4/0/0)

During Either Player's turn, when your Opponent Special Summons a monster, Target that monster: Special Summon this card to your Opponent's Field; Its Type and Attribute become the targeted monster's.

The sky darkened, the sun vanished. In an instant, everything was wrapped in a shroud of thick shadows. From the sky, wreathed in gleaming white, the spherical form of a Star descended, coming to rest before the battered Enigma, floating patiently and silently, awaiting his hand.

Enigma's eyes glowed with surprise and then hope. He placed his hand on his Star, and it revealed itself to him. Enigma closed his eyes and breathed deeply. "You have tried to make a fool of me. You think I'm Just some snot nosed CEO, trying to act tough, but you are wrong."

His eyes suddenly opened.

This just got interesting." Hikara's Eyes lit up in excitement

"Now you will see who I truly am, the Light of Truth!"

He drew and saw the card that would change everything ‘Rank-Up-Magic Lightbringing Enhancement’. Enigma began his comeback.

"I now use the power of my Crest! Giving me two cards by declaring Warrior!"He looked at his now 8 card hand and had his turn planned out. "First I Special Summon Lightbringing Archer using its effect, and it gives me a Monster from my deck!” he paused to think. “I choose Lightbringing Blaze!"

[spoiler='Lightbringing Blaze

(Light/Pyro/Effect/3/1500/1200)

When your opponent Summons a Monster while he controls a Monster with the same Type as the Monster Summoned, your opponent takes 200 Points of Damage for each Monster of that type that they control.

The Archer appeared, alongside a yellow flaming brazier.

"Now, I summon Lightbringing Beast! With all three monsters I build the Overlay Network!"

The three monsters turned into orbs of yellow Light and swirled together into a dark portal.

"Guardian Serpent of the Light of Truth, release your gate, and show them the power of truth, I Xyz Summon Lightbringing Serpent!”

[spoiler='Lightbringing Serpent

(LIGHT/Reptile/Xyz/Effect/3/2200/ 2300)

3 level 3 Monsters

When this card is Xyz Summoned, Target one "Lightbringing" card in your Graveyard; add it to your hand. When this Xyz Summoned card is targeted for an Attack, detach one Xyz Material; target one Monster your Opponent controls of the same Type as the attacking monster, change the Attack Target to the targeted Monster.

An enormous snake with glowing yellow eyes and shining white scales emerged from the darkness, the golden balls of light orbiting it.

“Now, use your power to return from my graveyard to my hand your lord, Lightbringing Dragon!"

The dragon revealed itself as a translucent image, and disappeared.

“My Dragon reappears, along with my Lightbringing Knight, thanks to my Crest’s other effect!” he explained joyously. “Now, using my Dragon’s skill, it becomes level three and counts as two materials for an Xyz Summon, which I now perform!”

The Dragon split in two, then fused together in a new swirling vortex.

“Elemental Duty Bound to the Order! Appear, and let loose the torrent of Truth, Xyz Summon Lightbringing Slime!”

[spoiler='Lightbringing Slime

(LIGHT/Aqua/XYZ/Effect/3/1500/1500)

3 level 3 "Lightbringing" Monsters

When this card is Xyz Summoned, target one monster your Opponent controls, Special Summon any number of "Anti Lightbringing Token"'s with the same type as the targeted monster (LIGHT/LV1/0/0). Once per turn, by detaching 1 Xyz Material, you can target 2 monsters your opponent controls of the same type, destroy them, then your opponent can Special Summon 1 monster of the same level of one of the destroyed monsters, but not of the same Type.

A creature made of water appeared with the crest of the field spell on its front.

“Now, Enjoy three new Anti-Lightbringing Tokens that are Warriors in Attack!”

The Tokens appeared like drops of corrupt, black, fluid. A liquid shadow

“Now I'll play something special! The Lightbringing Beacon!”

[spoiler='Lightbringing Beacon

Continuous Trap
When this card is activated, declare one Monster Type, this card gains an effect for each non-Token Monster of that Type your Opponent controls.
1 or more: All Face-Up "Lightbringing" Monsters you control gain 200 ATK.
2 or more: Once per turn, you can add 1 "Lightbringing" Monster to your GY to your hand.
3 or more: Your Opponent cannot activate the effects of Cards of the Declared Type.
4 or more: Declare one type of Extra-Deck Monster(Fusion/Synchro/Xyz/Pendulum); Your Opponent cannot Special Summon cards of that type.

A bright light appeared beneath Enigma’s feet, straight to the crest.

“Now I declare Warrior! Which means, first, all my Lightbringing Monsters Attack increases by 200!” he grinned madly as his monsters grew in size.

“Next, once a turn, I can add a Lightbringing card from my grave! third, you can’t use Warrior Monster’s Effects, even in the hand! Finally, you can’t Fusion Summon! But enough of that! Serpent attacks a Token! Light Venom!”

Hikara watched as her opponent, now invigorated by the appearance of the Star, made his move. "I wonder what kind of card he'll end up with." it was only when he flooded her field and attacked her that she was brought back to the current state of the game, the large snake spat a shot of venom towards her, burning right through the token and striking her

"Now that's the kind of move I like!" she shouted out, enthusiastic as ever.

"Now, I think it's time to show you my Star! I Play the Quick Play Spell Rank-Up-Magic Lightbringing Enhancement! Serpent, rise to the stars and become a new beast! RANK UP XYZ STARS CHANGE!"

The Serpent swirled into an orb of light, and rose to the sky, becoming a flaming meteor as Enigma began a brand new summoning chant, right off the top of his head. "Ancient Lord of the Order, appear, and let loose a barrage from the heavens, the Domain of Truth! I Xyz Summon the Star Xyz Lightbringing Meteorfall Tyrano!"

[spoiler='Lightbringing Meateorfall Tyrano

(LIGHT/Dinosaur/Xyz/Effect/7/3000/(couldn't find it's DEF)

3 level 7 Monsters

Once per turn, you can detach one Xyz Material, declare one Monster Type; and if you do, destroy all Face-Up Monsters your Opponent controls of the declared Type. This card cannot attack the turn it activates this effect. During either players turn, when this card would be destroyed by battle or a card effect, you can Detatch 1 Xyz Material, Negate this card's Destruction, and if you do, you can destroy 1 card your opponent controls.

The Meteor impacted into the ground, and from the ashes, a mighty roar sent shock waves across the ground. A giant dinosaur leaped out of the ashes, his eyes shining yellow.

"Meet my 3000 Attack Point Behemoth, and, thanks to my Spell, he gains one thousand Attack Points! Finish her off by Attacking Another Token !" he commanded, causing the dino to roar and Meteors to appear in the sky.

The dinosaur leaped into the sky, jumping on a meteor and aimed for the blob of shadow.

"Lightbringing Impact!"

Hikara was amazed, the enormous monster trampled over the token and slammed her, and she felt it. The young duelist was knocked over as her life points became zero and the field faded away.

"Venus did that all come out good? Nevermind I'll check in a minute." she asked, dusting herself off and walking towards her opponent, offering her hand. "Thanks for the match tough guy, that's a pretty impressive deck you've got there. Hope it helped you blow off some steam."

"Why, thank you. That is a fine deck you have, Miss...?" Enigma paused as he felt his phone ping and checked the message. It came from a unknown number, and the message was startling, if not creepy.

Hikara flashed a grin before retrieving her phone from Venus. "I'm gonna go see how Hiro's doing, fill me in once you've got everything sorted out with him." She gestured towards Enigma and went back into the card shop, watching the replay of the duel and sending it to her brothers phone.

Enigma quickly checked if he had new personnel in his team. No, this number didn't match any of them. It meant one thing.

"No, no, NO! Someone hacked into my system and got my number! Which also means that this person also has access to my company's logs!"

He took a step back and went back to speak with Venus. "Well, Venus, I'm sorry I got a bit off track. I have a bit of a temper. But, I just got a very disturbing message and have to deal with it immediately.” he continued, not concerned with the information he was revealing. “No one can text me unless I have their contact information. It says to be at Theatre Blanc in two days with my Star. Have you gotten a similar message?"

[spoiler=Part 2 - Paul]

Final exams were over, the bell rang as Paul, a transfer student new to the island, left the school, happy to be free of his painstaking classes. He didn't really have any plans for the summer other than to relax and hang out, and was about to text one of his buddies from school when he noticed his stomach growl.

“Ah, geez, guess I'll just go grab a burger or something.” Paul thought.

sighing and walking into the nearest burger joint he ordered the biggest burger they had plus fries and a drink before sitting down to eat.

"Hungry, are we?" The voice came from behind Paul. As Paul was finishing the fries and was starting on the burger, he heard a voice call out from behind him.

Turning towards the source of the voice, which turned out to be a man with ugly green hair, with a five o'clock shadow reaching down his neck. He wasn't exceptionally tall, and in fact was kind of round, and he was wearing a black jacket emblazoned with a number of patches denoting such original sentiments as "Born to Ride" and "$*%& The Police". His image often gave the impression that he was compensating for something.

"Whatcha got there? A Borger?" he said, forcing himself a mere inches away from Paul.

"Huh? Oh, yeah, just went to go grab a bite to eat, what's your problem, man?" He asked the man, sipping his soda while he did so.

The biker laughed in an annoying, neckbeard kind of way. "You wanna see something cool, loser?"

Without giving time to react or register the information, he snatched the burger away and gobbled it down in one unholy bite.

With his mouth still full he continued, "Look a' tha'! One bite an' is' gone!" He swallowed noisily. "You ever seen someone eat a Hangry Burger in one go before? BAHAHAHAH!"

"You really think it's impressive that someone can eat a Hungry Burger in one go, I do that all the time." Paul lied. "What's your problem, anyways? You come up to this guy you don't know with more grease on you than when I have to fix something, take his stuff, and gloat about it." Paul replied, finishing his soda and stuffing it into the bag the food came in.

"Oh what's wrong little baby? Are you upset? You wanna take a go at Metal G?" The biker, Metal G apparently, chuckled again, brandishing a duel disk. "I've been itchin' to go at it with some punk. And you look like slightly more than the average loser. So what's it gonna be, you gonna make my day?"

"Baby?" Paul laughed. "Baby, I'm probably older than you, but whatever. A good duel against some thug should be just the thing to help me unwind." Paul said, walking outside and motioning for "Metal G" to follow before pulling out an old, oil soaked disk from his bag and inserting his deck in.

Man, I should really clean this thing.” He looked at his disk.

The Biker smiled and led Paul outside the restaurant where he bowed sarcastically. "The baby can go first!"

"Victim goes first, then." Paul said, drawing his opening hand.

Could be worse.” He thought, looking over it before realizing a potential play he could make.

"I activate my spell, Unexpected Dai, and summon Steaming Core from my Deck." As he said it, a black-and-gold sphere filled with water and pumping out steam appeared on the field. "And then another spell, Machine Duplication, since Steaming Core has 500 or less attack, I'mma summon two more from my Deck." He said, with two more Cores appearing at the sides of the original.

[spoiler=Unexpected Dai]

Spell

"If you control no monsters: Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Normal Monster from your Deck."

[spoiler=Steaming Core]

(WATER/Machine/2/Tuner/500/500)
"A steam-powered core with high potential."

[spoiler=Machine Duplication]

Spell
"Target 1 Machine Type monster you control with 500 or less ATK; Special Summon up to 2 monsters from your Deck with the same name as that monster."

"Pretty cool, you get THREE useless hunks of junk instead of one! BAHAHAHA" the biker mocked.

"Yeah, pretty nice, I personally like old junk anyways." Paul added.

Metal G looked at his foe in frustration "Hit me with something, loser!"

"Anyways, hmm, oh, I got it.  I normal summon Steaming Trashbot from my hand."

[spoiler=Steaming Trashbot]

(WATER/Machine/4/Effect/1500/1200)
"Once per turn, if another card you control is destroyed: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand), and if you do, add that card to your hand. If this card is destroyed, Special Summon 1 "Steaming Core" from your Deck."

Another black-and-gold machine appeared, resembling a human carrying a trash bin welded its back.

"So what, it's got legs?" the biker said, brushing off the unimpressive monster

"Not for long, man. Legs are overrated anyways, so I think i'll tune my level 4 Trashbot to my level 2 Core!" He shouted as the Core evaporated into rings of steam before surrounding the Trashbot, which had turned into 4 small stars. "Now, I Synchro Summon my Level 6 Steaming Serpent!"

A shining grey-and-gold snake automaton with a pipe on its tail emitting steam appeared from where Trashbot used to be.

"That's it for now, I set 1 card and end my turn." Paul shrugged

"Heh heh, my turn punk..." The biker said as he ripped a card from his Deck and added it to his hand with an undeserved confidence. "Draw!"

Looking at his hand, the gears in his mind began to turn as he thought up a strategy.

"I got it... I set 2 Facedowns!"

In that moment, the back faces of two cards appeared in the back row of Metal G's field.

"And then I activate the effect of Sonic Wave Rider in my Hand; when you got more monsters than I do I can Special Summon this bad boy free of charge!"

A massive humanoid bird with green plumage and a blazing mohawk appeared, riding atop a chopper draped in chains and spikes.

"Next I normal summon Sonic Wave Synchron!"

A smaller version of the wave rider with blue feathers appeared, riding in a detached sidecar

"You like my guys, noob?" Metal G boasted.

Paul replied nonchalantly "Yeah, they're pretty neat, for some thug anyways."

"Oh it gets neater..." He snarled with an evil grin. "I tune my level 2 Sonic Wave Synchron to my Level 5 Sonic Wave Rider!"

The small bird leapt from his car and flew into the sky, transforming into two green rings,engulfing the larger being and transforming it into a collection of five glowing spheres.

"Ride on! No road is too much for you, Synchro Summon, Level 7 Sonic Wave Roadhog!"

As if in response to his words a great pillar of light shined, unleashing a massive Eagle riding a truly ungodly three-wheeled motorcycle decked out with all the bells and whistles. It was truly a gaudy sight to behold.

"You wanna hear about his effect?" G taunted.

"Not really." Paul said with disinterest

“Then I suppose you don’t need to see this!” As he spoke, the colossal bird loaded two shells into a sawed-off shotgun and aimed. “You see Roadhog here doesn’t like to share, so if ya got a synchro out already when I summon him, I get to blow out any two cards I want! And I’m aiming right at your little Spheres! Go, Birdshot!!!”

The bird fired two massive slugs from its armament.

"Ahh, that wouldn't be good, then." paul thought before hitting a button on his disk

"I guess I'll use my facedown card now, Steaming Junkyard!"

[spoiler=Steaming Junkyard]

Continuous Trap
"Destroy 1 "Steaming Core" you control to activate this card. When this card is activated, add 1 "Steaming" card from your GY to your hand. Once per turn, if you control at least 2 "Steaming" cards: Target 2 cards on the field; destroy them. If this card is destroyed, add 1 Continuous Spell from your GY to your hand."

“You’re what?!” Metal G said, somehow blind sided by the card that had been there the whole time

"Oh, and I have to destroy a Steaming Core I control to use it." He said as a Core burst in an eruption of boiling water.

"So uh... what was the point?" the thick headed biker asked in genuine confusion

"I get to add Trashbot back." Paul explained.

"Well now that's not good for me at all now is it?" G said sarcastically, still not fearing the mechanical trash can

"Ehh, he doesn't really do much to you."

"Is that all you're gonna do? Cuz the other shot's rippin' right through the other one!" Pauls foe shouted gleefully

"Oh, About that, when a "Steaming" card is destroyed, I get to Special Summon Trashbot from my hand, and he digs the destroyed card right out of the trash to my hand."

"YOU WHAT!?" G couldn't believe he'd fallen for such an obvious strategy.

The Trashbot put his trash can on the ground before digging up the destroyed Core, looking pleased at his find before it disappeared into Paul's hand.

"So, you gonna attack?” Paul suggested. “My Serpent's got less attack than that Roadhog."

"Hell yeah I'm gonna attack!" G turned his attention to his monster. "Roadhog! Time to feel some road rage!"

The beast immediately began to spin wildly on his mount spraying sparks and dust all over and bringing with it the smell of burning rubber but before the smoke could settle, it leapt through the smokescreen and landed squarely on the Serpent's face.The Serpent struggled for a bit before its head was pushed in by the beast's bike, exploding and sending a huge cloud of steam and smoke Paul's way, making him cough a bit.

"One more thing buddy..." G grinned. "When My Synchro monster kills one of yours, I can bring Synchron back to field!"

In a flash of shimmering hot wind, the smaller bird appeared a second time.

"Your move loser!"

"Fine, then." Paul said, drawing.

Thank god, this will work.” He thought, grinning at his hand.

"First, I Normal Summon Steaming Soldier from my hand, and he's got a good effect; when he's Normal Summoned I can bring back another Normal Monster from the grave."

[spoiler=Steaming Soldier]

(WATER/Machine/2/Effect/800/800)
"When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can target 1 Normal Monster in your GY; Special Summon that target. If this card is destroyed, you can add 1 "Steaming Core" from your Deck to your hand."

The black-and-gold robot appeared on the field, with an arm cannon on his right arm. Just as suddenly as he appeared, a circular hatch on the middle of his chest opened, revealing a Core, which flew out.

"Of course, I'm bringing back Core." Paul explained.

“That thing just don’t die does it?” G said, exasperated

Paul smirked "Nope."

“Tch... fine then...”

"Oh, and I activate a Spell from my hand, Steaming Factory, and destroy a Core I control to get it to start working."

[spoiler=Steaming Factory]

Continuous Spell
"Destroy 1 "Steaming Core" you control to activate this card. WATER monsters you control gain 500 ATK and DEF. Once per turn, if a "Steaming" monster you control is Summoned: You can destroy that monster."

An assembly line appeared behind Paul, as the core disappeared into a hole in the machinery.

“What do they make there? Borgers? HAHAHAH!” his opponent laughed at his not-quite-a-joke.

Paul shook his head "While I control this card, my water monsters gain 500 ATK, and when a Steaming monster is Summoned, I can destroy it once per turn." He paused, pondering G’s query "I guess this could make burgers though. Just gotta rework it a bit." Paul continued with his turn "Anyways, I activate Swing of Memories, allowing me to bring back Core again." Paul said as it appeared in a cloud of steam. "Won't be here for long, though, because I can now tune my Core with both Soldier and Trashbot!"

[spoiler=Swing of Memories]

Spell
"Target one Normal Monster in your GY; Special Summon it, but Destroy it during the End Phase of this turn."

The core split into two small rings that flew up into the sky, as both other robots jumped into them."Now, I Synchro Summon my Level 8 Steaming Iron Giant!"

[spoiler=Steaming Iron Giant]

(WATER/Machine/8/Synchro/Effect/2500/1400)
"Steaming Core" + 1+ WATER monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned: Destroy all other cards you control, then Special Summon a "Steaming Core" from your Deck or GY for every 2 cards destroyed. Once per turn, when a "Steaming" card is activated: You can destroy 1 other card you control, then target 1 "Steaming" monster you control; it gains 500 ATK and DEF."

A grey-and-gold robot appeared behind Paul and looked down menacingly at G, towering over him. Steam was coming out of both its arms, which were made into two big arm cannons far bigger than the Soldier's.

“Now hold on!” The biker interrupted. “Since you Synchro Summoned, I can too thanks to Synchron’s Effect! I just have to reduce the level of one monster I control by one to do it!”

"Really, man?" Paul shrugged.

“I tune the level 2 Sonic Wave Synchron to my level 6 Sonic Wave Roadhog!”

The pillar of light appeared, unleashing a massive orange-feathered arm holding onto a makeshift hammer crafted from a detached wheel.

“He’s big, he’s bad, he’s SONIC WAVE TYRANT!"

“Tyrant, huh, looks as bad as you do." Paul laughed, as his Iron Giant fired two blasts of water at his Junkyard and Factory, destroying them both.

"Ah, right, my Giant does that. At least I get Core back for every 2 cards he destroys, which is nice."

“Here’s a nice surprise kid” G interrupted. “When your Synchro Monster’s effect destroys a card? You take 600 damage punk! Go Tyrant, Burning Eagle!”

The massive bird lobbed two bottles with flaming rags in the top at Paul. When they hit the ground, they exploded into flame.

“Who looks bad now, punk?!”

"Still you, buddy." Paul said as he raised his arms up to his face to stop any glass shards getting in his eyes.

The iron giant quickly went to work on the flames, extinguishing them before they could do any more damage to Paul.

“You really won’t give up will you?” G spat.

"You're the one going on the offensive here, dude." Paul sighed, before grabbing the final card from his hand. "I activate Steaming Assembler, and by destroying a Core I control, I can Special Summon a Steaming monster from my grave whenever another one is destroyed." He said.

[spoiler=Steaming Assembler]

Continuous Spell
"Destroy 1 "Steaming Core" you control to activate this card. Once per turn, when a "Steaming" monster you control is destroyed: Special Summon 1 "Steaming" monster from your GY. If this card is destroyed, Special Summon 1 "Steaming Core" from your GY."

The Core disappeared into a oval-shaped piece of metal with two robotic arms.

"This isn't a Synchro, so it bypasses your Tyrant's effect, too." He pointed out as his monster appeared.

“Tch. Punk...”

There, at least i'll be able to do something next turn, even if Iron Giant has far less attack than Tyrant…

"I end my turn with that."

“My turn then!” G said, Adding another card to his useless hand

He faced the reality that he would have to go on the defensive for awhile, something he hated and wasn’t particularly skilled at.

“First thing I’ll do is set a facedown, then I’ll have my Tyrant attack your Giant! Go, Fender Bender!”

The monstrous biker brought down the wheel against its target with incredible force, the giant was completely helpless to defend against Tyrant's attack, and was swiftly destroyed, Paul meanwhile, didn't seem phased at all even as his Giant's parts fell around him, seeing as it was only 200 damage.

"Well, Assembler goes off now, allowing me to Special Summon a Steaming monster from the grave."

The small robot quickly picked up the spare parts and reassembled them into the familiar face of Steaming Serpent. As G threw a tantrum at his opponents refusal to submit “Gahhh! Just stay down already!!!”

"It's not even a core this time though."

“I don’t give a damn!” he whined. “Make your move!”

"Geez, you're mad." Paul said, drawing. "Ooh, that's good! I activate Salvage, allowing me to add two water monsters from my grave as long as they have  fifteen hundred or less attack. With that in mind, I'll add my eight hundred attack Soldier and my fifteen attack Trashbot." He said as an anchor dropped into the ground and came up with the ruined parts of the robots. "Then, I normal summon Soldier again, and with its effect bring back Core."

G’s anger was proliferating the field. Never before had he seen such weak monsters absolutely refusing to die when he told them to. Unnoticed by the two duelists, dark clouds began to form in the sky.

“Bring him back all you want it still won’t do you any good against Tyrant!” he screamed.

"Wow, you're this pissed over a game? Anyways, now I tune my Soldier with Core, and Synchro Summon Steaming Surveyor!"

[spoiler=Steaming Surveyor]

(WATER/Machine/4/Synchro/Effect/1700/1400)
"Steaming Core" + 1 WATER monster
When this card is Synchro Summoned: Draw 1 card. If a "Steaming" card you control would be destroyed by a card effect: You can destroy this card instead, and if you do, Special Summon 1 Normal Monster from your Deck."

Core once again split into two rings surrounding the Soldier, and a pillar of light appeared, spawning a grey-and-gold robot with a telescope in its hand.

"I activate my trap card! Surge of the Sonic Wave!" the biker said, grasping to stop his opponent.

Suddenly, as the clouds continued to darken, a great wind swept up the Surveyor. "Let me explain, When you Synchro Summon a monster and end up with more of them than I do, I can Special Summon a tuner from my Graveyard." G said triumphantly.

In a flash of Light, the small rider appeared once more.

"And then I can tune him to the monster you summoned!" The skies darkened further, exactly the way they did when Enigma’s Star appeared, something that G recognized while his opponent paid no attention to the odd weather.

"Yes! Finally! I've summoned a Star!"

"A . . . Star?"Paul seemed confused, drawing a card off Surveyor's effect as a ball of gleaming light descended from the heavens and floated calmly in front of Metal G... only to fly at great speeds into the Extra Deck zone of Paul's duel disk.

"Wh-WHAT? No! But it was in my hands!" he whined, like a child who’s new toy had been taken.

At that, the spell that would have allowed him to synchro summon no longer had a target to summon, and negated itself, sending Synchron again to the Graveyard.

"Eh?" Paul was confused as to what G was talking about and pulled the new card out of his extra deck to take a look at it.

Metal G slammed his fist against the pavement. "GODDAMMIT! You stole my Star you punk!" The hatred in his eyes was menacing."I activate Raigeki Break and I target Surveyor!"

Discarding a card from his hand, a lightning bolt reached out to the newly summoned monster.

"Say goodbye!"

"Star, huh. Never seen this before, but it looks pretty important." Paul mumbled to himself, unfazed at the lightning crashing down from the sky to destroy Surveyor.

"Quick looking at that damned Star! It's mine! Not yours, MINE!" G stomped his foot, eyes practially popping out of his head.

"It's not that important, just go buy one." Paul sighed, looking tired at having to deal with G's tantrums. "Anyways, I summon Trashbot and add Surveyor back to my Extra Deck since a Steaming monster was destroyed."

"You think this is a game? 'Go buy one?' Do you even know what a STAR is?" G screamed, ignoring Pauls move.

"Not really." he admitted, still eyeing the card that had fallen from the sky.

"Then you don't deserve to have it... you don't even deserve to touch it! Finish your turn so I can beat you!"

"Fine, then."

May as well summon it, see what it does.” Paul thought, before he looked at the card in his hand.

"I activate Tri-Wight, and use it to bring back 3 cores to my field. Then, since you like it so bad, I tune my Level 2 core to my Level 6 Serpent!"

The core once again split into two rings surrounding the serpent, as a pillar of light erupted from where it used to be.

"Rise from the machines of old and become a shining star, S-S Steaming Gear Dragon!" Paul flet the words pour from within, as if they were always there, just waiting to be spoken.

[spoiler=Steaming Surveyor]

(WATER/Machine/8/Synchro/Effect2700/2100)
"Steaming Core" + 1+ WATER monsters
This card is also treated as Dragon-type. When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can pay 1500 LP; Destroy all other monsters on the field. Once per turn, you can activate 1 "Steaming" Continuous Spell/Trap card from your GY without having to destroy "Steaming Core", and if you do, destroy 1 card you control. If this card is destroyed and sent to the GY: Special Summon 1 "Steaming" monster from your GY."

"NO!" G tossed his hand on the ground.

"Well, if you want it so bad anyways . . ." Paul paused for a moment, reading its effects.

"Huh, by paying 1500 LP on its summon, I can destroy all the monsters you control." he said in pleasant surprise as a cloud of hot steam hit Paul before the black-and-gold dragon stopped emitting steam from its wings, dropping to the ground and unleashing a torrent of water towards Tyrant and the tuner.

As the smoke cleared, Metal G stood among an empty field "No..." he mumbled, finally accepting the truth that he wasn’t worthy of the Star card.

"And, oh, that's nice too, I can activate a Continuous Spell or Trap from my grave and I don't have to destroy a core to do it, I can destroy another card instead." he read aloud as he activated the effect. "I activate Steaming Junkyard back and destroy Trashbot."

A pile of junk comically landed on top of the Trashbot, destroying it before Paul walked around it, the Dragon and his cores following him.

"Assembler's effect activates on my Trashbot's destruction, allowing me to summon Serpent back from my grave."

The small robot took some parts out from the pile of junk, constructing them into a new serpent.

"And since I have two or more Steaming monsters on the field, I can destroy 2 cards on the field with Junkyard.” he explained. “So, I'll destroy your two facedowns."

A few pieces of junk popped out of the pile as Paul spoke, piercing Metal G's two facedown cards. "And with that...Serpent will attack you directly first."

The snake lunged towards G and slammed him with its tail, sending Metal G wflying from the force of the Solid Vision tail, only able to utter profanities as he was pummelled.

"Now then, for my final move, Steaming Gear Dragon attacks directly! Attack him with Boiling Burst!"

The dragon flew up into the air before breathing out some steam and sending a stream of water down on Metal G.

As the Solid Vision water faded away from sight, Metal G reached out to the fading form of the Star monster that had beaten him, when it vanished he ran, tears streaming from his face.

Archived