Leogal (The New Face of Yugioh's Fursona, Besides Joey Wheeler)

Black D'Sceptyr

leogal_by_bdsceptyr-dclm0pi.png

[spoiler=Leogal: Info]

EARTH/Beast-Warrior-Type Effect Monster/Level 6/1950 ATK/1700 DEF

Lore: (Quick Effect): You can discard 1 Level 3 or lower Beast or Beast-Warrior monster; Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn: You can banish 1 Beast or Beast-Warrior monster from your GY; apply this effect, depending on the Type of the banished monster.

• Beast: Special Summon 1 "Leogal #2 Token" (Beast/EARTH/Level 3/ATK 1150/DEF 600), but you cannot Special Summon Tokens for the rest of the turn. It can attack directly.
• Beast-Warrior: Special Summon 1 Level 3 or 6 Beast monster from your Deck.

Support Beasts and Beast-Warriors in equal measure with a Level 6-where could I have seen this story play out before, then? 

This one works on using the weenies to get it out, then using it as fodder to pump out monsters of a different Type within the specified types. In other words,  this works mainly with a multi-type build, which Gladiator and Heraldic Beasts can actually specialize really well with. And pecking your opponent to Death with DIRECT ATTACKING TOKENS is always a nice fallback strategy.

Rank 6 is an easy-to-work-with pool in Xyz, even in the Link-heavy format we've got (hullo Beatrice and Utopia Beyond) and being able to access it more often-or at least the Level 3s-is something that becomes all the easier with this gal.

Right, until the next cards, reviews, revelry, you know the drill.

BD'S, signing off.

• 2 weeks later...

Be pro and combo it with Dark Desertapir :v

You mention Level 6 is easy to work with... but there are only a handful of Beast and Beast-Warrior decks that handle Levels 6s. I can only think of Hazy Flames, Fire Fist Prince and... Rescue Cat --> Synchro 6. Huh, seems it's not that rare, after all.

IMO if would be more flavorful as a FIRE monster, if only because of Hazy Flames and Fire Fists. Besides, the art makes it look more FIRE-ish.

Anyway, it's rare to see a Quick Effect self-summoning effect like this. Because of that you get creativity points. And the other effect is all around solid, IMO. I find amusing and effective that the first effect sets the second one up. Looking good.

Now, is there any Beast floodgate you could Summon with the banish-a-Beast-Warrior effect? Couldn't find anything but would be funny to use it in that way someday.

T

Be pro and combo it with Dark Desertapir :v

You mention Level 6 is easy to work with... but there are only a handful of Beast and Beast-Warrior decks that handle Levels 6s. I can only think of Hazy Flames, Fire Fist Prince and... Rescue Cat --> Synchro 6. Huh, seems it's not that rare, after all.

IMO if would be more flavorful as a FIRE monster, if only because of Hazy Flames and Fire Fists. Besides, the art makes it look more FIRE-ish.

Anyway, it's rare to see a Quick Effect self-summoning effect like this. Because of that you get creativity points. And the other effect is all around solid, IMO. I find amusing and effective that the first effect sets the second one up. Looking good.

Now, is there any Beast floodgate you could Summon with the banish-a-Beast-Warrior effect? Couldn't find anything but would be funny to use it in that way someday.

Unfortunately, no-the closest contenders (Whirlwind Weasel and Guard Dog) are both FLIP monsters. But I could possibly have the Summoned monster also be allowed to be in face-down Defense Position to accommodate them. Right now, however, this does bring about a cavalade of stuff for the X-Sabers (Darksoul and Airbellum), as well as Peropero Cerberus and Test Tiger. 

Archived