Salvation

Kuroda Kaito

Ah I see. I put the fire in cause it would somehow fit with theme given for SOTW. I agree that lighting is a bit out of nowhere. Definitely will work on that !!! Thanks

It's not that it comes out of nowhere as much as the gradient just doesn't mesh well with the medium. Perhaps if it was stylized with small brush strokes, that would mesh better. As for the fire, it just looks too sharp and contrasted.

I like this concept a lot. The shapes with this are also really nice. However, the flames are not executed correctly which brings down the tag quite a bit. I do think the idea of having flames is great. Just work on the lighting for them.

Oh thank you :D I agree with the flames not being correctly executed. Will work more on my execution of the piece.

the smudging texture is pretty cool, as is the idea of using it for the smoke from the flames (if that was the intent). Bit overcontrasted though at the bottom, and some softer lighting would be cool

ah I see. Thanks a lot for the advice !!!!

Honestly, I like the lighting. A bit softer and no flames, this would be lit. The smudge texture is also really cool. Colours could be better and with less blank spaces this piece could be really solid.

Oh I see. Lots of time, I found myself don't know what to add the a piece to make it less empty, but also afraid that it might be too much things going on with the piece.

Archived