Theme excerpt:

"

We're all out of time, this is how we find how it all unwinds
The sacrifice of hiding in a lie
We're all out of time, this is how we find how it all unwinds
The sacrifice is never knowing

"

Rule-set:

• All submissions must be PMed to me prior to the deadline.

• You're allowed to change your submission, just PM any modifications.

• Once submitted you may not post the piece in Showcase until the competition concludes.

• The theme is a guideline, although it's recommended you execute it well for voting purposes, it's still up to your artistic interpretation.

• The maximum dimensions for your submission are 550 pixels for width and/or length.

• Tags made prior to the date of this post are not valid, nor are collaborated pieces.

• Keep the contents of the tag PG-13.

• Ripping (art theft) of any form is not permitted.

2 and 3 are the only impressive ones here. People need to work on their color composition and palette, sheet is washed out or uninspiring.

5 doesn't even look like they have any effects around it and I have no clue how to even look at 4

1 is too dark and there' isn't much going on, it just looks like "hey, it's shadowy!"

2 is amazing, vibrant, coloful, shiny, the character looks good in the picture, the background looks great, the lighting is fantastic, etc.

3 is a mastapeece, great concept, great shiny lights, the pose is good, it's like an art drawing from a museum or something.

6 is too dark and like 1 is also just "hey, shadows!". There's also nothing going on at all that I like, even just making the eye look shiny red would've made the picture better.

So 3 >= 2 > 1 > 6 > 4 > 5

I really like 2 tho it's so much more sprightly

2 gmv. 

Wow. This is amazing. The composition and colors work very well. The wireframes give pretty good feeling of depth as well and the way the shadows are executed while having a bright bg is really nice. This is some inspirational stuff. Would appreciate the creator sharing the psd if you're willing :D

Also shout out to 1. The shapes and color scheme are quite nice. It's just the highlights aren't bright enough so it looks undercontrasted. The piece has a lot of potential though and I would be interested to see it developed further.

Archived