[Interest Check/Poll] Discord-Based RP

Aix

Discord RP  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in joining?

2. 2. What genres would you be interested in? (Yes they overlap)

• Modern Battle Fantasy (possibly Fate/RP)
    • Fantasy Adventure (Caravan/Ship/Airship travel)
    • VRMMORPG (Is this still popular? SAO is so old)
    • Magic Academy
    • Monster/Demon Extermination
    • Fantasy Slice of Life???
    • Other (comment below)

Hey guys, so I wanted to try something different. Something that would more naturally facilitate interactions among RPers and also allow the RP to be more fast-paced. Nai and Mako sort of gave me inspiration to host a roleplay entirely on Discord.

This allows us to have traditional forum RP posts, but also schedule times for real time roleplaying where it would be better. Two characters speaking to each other would also be able to talk more naturally where before we had to make a single post with several conversation prompts or sometimes respond with a bunch of filler actions to accompany a single reply.

Absolutely nothing is concrete yet, hence the poll. I'm going to come up with a few simple concepts (feel free to suggest some yourself) after we decide what direction we want to go in. We'll be doing a more simple idea that doesn't require a ton of lore made ahead of time so we can dive faster into the action and not need a separate Google Doc. This will also give you a lot more freedom to be creative with your character.

If you're interested, please join the discord for more information and discussion: https://discord.gg/fDUERfj

Archived