September 17th TCG Banlist

And so this is the end of the stratos memes.

konami really wants to sell dangers I see. Next they will unban graceful charity if this keeps going

No firewall or altergeist hit. disappointing.

I just realized that super poly is actually also supporting cyberse:

Summons clock wyvern -> activate super poly -> fuse away the entire opponent's extra link for cyberse clock dragon and swing for game

Edit: Ninja'd

Well sounds alright, I wanted Firewall Dragon banned, however I guess you cannot have everything (not yet at the very least).
Sounds like a refreshing list.
A lot of cool techs are enabled, while Super Poly enables anyone to break Extra Link right away.
... so now the Cyberse Clock Dragon Fusion can get summoned with Clock Dragon and Super Poly to OTK retaliate against Extra Link-type of boards.

Banned:

samsara lotus 3 -> 0 Apparently this got the axe due to some random FTK that wasn't even consistent (and because LOLnami didn't want to ban FWD). So they ban a card from 2008 that was never reprinted instead of FWD, the actual broken card in the FTK. Really?

knightmare goblin 3 -> 0 Kill this degenerate piece of s*** with fire. Every single Knightmare should be banned, to be honest.

mx saber invoker 3 -> 0 A long overdue and well deserved ban. Good riddance.

Limited:

a-assault core 3 -> 1 They just murdered the entire Deck with this. The OCG limited the fusion so that the Deck wouldn't be relevant anymore but would be still playable. This renders poor ABCs worthless.

stratos 0 -> 1 OH MY F***ING GOD THEY FINALLY DID IT YESSSSSSS!!!!

morphing jar 0 -> 1 So Dangers can now +13 or whatever from 1 card. Cool.

electrumite 3 -> 1 #RIPPendulums. Oh wait, no, Pendulum players will probably find a way to make the Deck work even with just 1 Electrumite.

psyframe

omega 3 -> 1 No more triple Omega hand loops. Nobody likes them.

exciton 0 -> 1 No, No, NOOO!!! What are you doing? This is a permaban kind of card!!

a hero lives 3 -> 1 ...I guess it's a fair trade for having Stratos back.

card destruction 0 -> 1 Oh crap, they have TWO win buttons now?

sky striker drones 3 -> 1 While this does nothing to Strikers themselves, this does make the Striker engine a lot less splashable. Good hit.

super poly 0 -> 1 Okay, I actually think bringing Super Poly back is not that much of a stretch. I mean, the OCG never banned this to begin with.

Semi-Limited:

kozmo dark destroyer 1 -> 2 I guess. Kozmo are pretty much irrelevant now, so bringing this back is okay.

called by the grave 3 -> 2 A lot of people think this is a bad hit, but here's the thing: If Gouki open this going first, they automatically win. And auto-losing by going second is ruining the game. How is the player going second supposed to win if they can't use hand traps?

limiter removal 1 -> 2 Dangerous move. This card has been limited for longer than I've been playing the game, and it's not the kind of card you want to have at 2 if another good Machine Deck strolls around.

scapegoat 3 -> 2 Should have gone to 1, to be honest. Yes, you can't Summon anything during the turn you flip this, but what's stopping you from flipping this in your opponent's End Phase and getting a bunch of free Link Summons on your turn? Cards that generate multiple tokens at once should not be at more than 1 in a format like this.

terraforming 3 -> 2 With more and more Decks becoming dependant on field spells, this was bound to happen.

qli towers 2 -> 3 Power creep finally caught up to this thing.

disk commander 0 -> 3 Geez louise, this might be the worst errata Konami has brought us so far. They murdered Disk Commander. I actually feel sad for this guy.

burial from dd 2 -> 3 It's not the force it once was.

ring of destruction 2 -> 3 Still a decent card in my opinion, but who in their right mind will run 3?

I rate this one Firewall is Still Legal/10.

I cant tell if this is a copy pasta from pojo or literally the worst comment in YCM history

Banned:

samsara lotus 3 -> 0 Apparently this got the axe due to some random FTK that wasn't even consistent (and because LOLnami didn't want to ban FWD). So they ban a card from 2008 that was never reprinted instead of FWD, the actual broken card in the FTK. Really?

knightmare goblin 3 -> 0 Kill this degenerate piece of s*** with fire. Every single Knightmare should be banned, to be honest.

mx saber invoker 3 -> 0 A long overdue and well deserved ban. Good riddance.

Limited:

a-assault core 3 -> 1 They just murdered the entire Deck with this. The OCG limited the fusion so that the Deck wouldn't be relevant anymore but would be still playable. This renders poor ABCs worthless.

stratos 0 -> 1 OH MY F***ING GOD THEY FINALLY DID IT YESSSSSSS!!!!

morphing jar 0 -> 1 So Dangers can now +13 or whatever from 1 card. Cool.

electrumite 3 -> 1 #RIPPendulums. Oh wait, no, Pendulum players will probably find a way to make the Deck work even with just 1 Electrumite.

psyframe

omega 3 -> 1 No more triple Omega hand loops. Nobody likes them.

exciton 0 -> 1 No, No, NOOO!!! What are you doing? This is a permaban kind of card!!

a hero lives 3 -> 1 ...I guess it's a fair trade for having Stratos back.

card destruction 0 -> 1 Oh crap, they have TWO win buttons now?

sky striker drones 3 -> 1 While this does nothing to Strikers themselves, this does make the Striker engine a lot less splashable. Good hit.

super poly 0 -> 1 Okay, I actually think bringing Super Poly back is not that much of a stretch. I mean, the OCG never banned this to begin with.

Semi-Limited:

kozmo dark destroyer 1 -> 2 I guess. Kozmo are pretty much irrelevant now, so bringing this back is okay.

called by the grave 3 -> 2 A lot of people think this is a bad hit, but here's the thing: If Gouki open this going first, they automatically win. And auto-losing by going second is ruining the game. How is the player going second supposed to win if they can't use hand traps?

limiter removal 1 -> 2 Dangerous move. This card has been limited for longer than I've been playing the game, and it's not the kind of card you want to have at 2 if another good Machine Deck strolls around.

scapegoat 3 -> 2 Should have gone to 1, to be honest. Yes, you can't Summon anything during the turn you flip this, but what's stopping you from flipping this in your opponent's End Phase and getting a bunch of free Link Summons on your turn? Cards that generate multiple tokens at once should not be at more than 1 in a format like this.

terraforming 3 -> 2 With more and more Decks becoming dependant on field spells, this was bound to happen.

qli towers 2 -> 3 Power creep finally caught up to this thing.

disk commander 0 -> 3 Geez louise, this might be the worst errata Konami has brought us so far. They murdered Disk Commander. I actually feel sad for this guy.

burial from dd 2 -> 3 It's not the force it once was.

ring of destruction 2 -> 3 Still a decent card in my opinion, but who in their right mind will run 3?

I rate this one Firewall is Still Legal/10.

Solidman is decent with Disk

Archived