[SAST] Borreload Savage Dragon (Shinkuro Shōkan)

ZL7oJuQ.png?1

Varreload Savage Dragon / Borreload Savage Dragon
Dark Dragon / Synchro / Effect
LV8 3000/2500
1 Tuner + 1+ non-Tuner monsters
You can only use this card name's (3) effect once per turn.
(1) If this card is Synchro Summoned: You can equip 1 Link Monster from your GY to this card, and if you do, place Borrel Counters on this card equal to that card's Link Rating.
(2) Gains ATK equal to half the ATK of the monster equipped to it by its effect.
(3) When an opponent's card or effect is activated (Quick Effect): You can remove 1 Borrel Counter from this card; negate that activation.

>equips a Link from your GY to it

So... if I was a equip a  Link with an Up marker to it, I wonder if I'd be able to summon something from the extra to a zone it points to? That's certainly something we'll have to wait on rulings for, but yeah.

I don't think so since by mechanics equipped monsters become Equip Spells. Otherwise you could try something like that already with Red-Eyes Slash Dragon equipping a Warrior to itself.

Anyway, the card looks really good, IMO. Generic omni-negation for the Synchro8 pool, and on a 3000+ ATK body. All you need is a Link monster in the GY, but that shouldn't be difficult to fulfill.

I don't think so since by mechanics equipped monsters become Equip Spells. Otherwise you could try something like that already with Red-Eyes Slash Dragon equipping a Warrior to itself.

This is why I said to wait on rulings and such.  I'd assume it wouldn't work like that, but it was still something to ponder about.

That is true. (still gonna wait on rulings though)

Still, it got me thinking. If they ever introduce Link Spells into the game, they could rule that the arrows of Link Monsters as Equip also count. After the introduction of the Extra Link, I can expect something like this xD

No, you cannot Summon from the Extra Deck to zones a Link Monster that's equipped to a monster points to, there has already been rulings about this previously asking the same question, I believe in regards to some Relinquished stuff, I can try to find it, but shouldn't be hard to Google it yourself.

To be fair, I didn't really pay much attention to rulings regarding Relinquished.

Having this equiped with a link 2 (which is the most summoned link for open plays) means 2 negations (should be enough). 3k dark dragon synchro. I am sold I want this in my extra deck. And very gald the negation is a hard OPT to prevent multiple copies being abused.

Edit: Wonder if there is going to be Borrelsowrd and Borrelguard savage dragons and if they could be Fusion and Xyz counterparts

So a monster with ATK beyond the important 3k mark, which has a more or less guaranteed omni-negation on it (be honest, who does not link ladder at least once and uses non-Cosmic Blazar Synchro) and only takes generic level 8 Synchro materials.

This sure looks like an amazing monster, let's hope Rokkets can get this out at least semi-consistently and effective with the upcoming support for them.

Archived