Dova

rJ8t1o1.png

T.G. Iceblood
DARK | ✪✪
✪✪ | Reptile/Tuner/Effect | 1500/1500

If this card is in your hand: You can target 1 "T.G" monster you control, except "T.G Iceblood"; destroy it, then Special Summon this card, and if you do, draw 1 card. If this card is in your GY (Quick Effect): You can banish any number of "T.G" monsters from your GY, including this card, then target 1 "T.G." Synchro Monster in your GY whose Level is less than or equal to the number of banished monsters; Special Summon it. (This Special Summon is treated as a Synchro Summon.) You can only use 1 effect of "T.G. Iceblood" per turn, and only once that turn.

Inspired to make this from the new support, and while the current selection of cards are...underwhelming, to say the least, I think there's some hope there, especially with their Synchro pool.

First effect is an enabler for most of the archetype's on-GY effects while providing the plusses from the Synchros to make it a little more worth it. Can't decide between the draw, to advance plays, or a Quick Effect, to make sure your monster's effects go off during your opponent's turn AND to help capitalize of it being searched.

The second effect is weird...especially with that less than in regards to Synchro Summoning, so I especially want thoughts on that. Allows for easier laddering into the bigger bosses, targets for their Level 2 De-Synchro, and easily Summoning said De-Synchro. I think the main issue here is me trying to make a Level 1 and Level 4 to fit in with the Tuner/Non-Tuner pair for Levels 2 and 3 AND trying to enable their laddering AND looking at their Level 2.

So...CnC?

Hopefully still on time to review stuff.

Would be nice if the original T.G. triggered immediately for the searching power after getting destroyed (and even with the future support that were technically not shown in the dub), but too late for it now. I guess you also do have Trident Launcher who can revive said monster after it's Link Summoned (or Screw Serpent gets it quickly), so not a complete loss if you destroy a monster for the draw. You may want to have it reveal self in hand to trigger first effect though.

As for the other effect, I am not sure how often T.G. will have a ton of monsters in the GY (and there isn't exactly much point to banish more than you need to for summoning), so...most you get is Recipro (but as it stands right now, you can't summon it in T.G. without external techs; not until we get Drill Fish or another Level 1 non-Tuner to go with Cyber Magician). If T.G. get a legacy support that does allow working with banished cards w/out you having to tech Burial from Different Dimension or something, then this gets a little better. But right now, not really.

Archived