Welcome to Yugioh Card Maker Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

[AGM/Written] Deck Constrictor: Milling Reptiles! (9/9)

- - - - - AGM Written Reptile Main Deck Mill Medium

Necrobump!

Guest, the last post on this topic is over 30 days old and a new post will be considered as necrobumping!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Dova

Dova

DovaMember

• Dova

• 3,714 posts
    Last Visit
  • Discord:Dova#1498
  • Alias:Dova
  • Spouse:Dova

Reptiles based off snakes that Lol love milling. With effects that mill the opp whenever they do something (like special summon, attack, activate effects, etc) and turn-lasting power boosts that come with them, these things can pack quite a punch to combo heavy decks. The spells and traps help with field presence, both establishing and holding. Their stats are average at firsr but can reach monstrous levels with the boosts, and if you really want to win via mill, their boss can make the others forgoe their boosts for additional milling. 

Monsters: (6)

Spells/Traps: (3)

Wanted this to be a small set as I worked on other archetypes, but it started to get a bit out hand, so now I'm posting it.

Pretty much exactly what it says on the tin, plus a bit of Reptile and basic mill support. No particular amazing combos, but there were a lot more quick effects than I was intending, as the prompt didn't make it sound like a one-hit wonder, especially with it milling when your opponent did stuff. This also caused me to stretch the "turn-lasting power boosts" to extend to your opponent's next turn, so that I didn't have to go crazy with the protection, although we still have a variant of Molting Escape on the field spell and a little expansion on the trap.

As always, CnC would be much appreciated!

Draconus297

Draconus297

Dragon Lord

• AGM Founder
  • 5,647 posts
    Last Visit 7 minutes ago
Quick note: Nest Guardian and Hatchling don't specify where they self-Summon from. I'm assuming it's from the hand, but you could have intended hand or Graveyard for one or both.

I love that Hydra Overlord is a Hydra's Egg target (lore?), especially because Beyond Strangulation's handtrap status is so easy to trigger when playing Sorcery Hydras due to their archetypal gimmick, meaning that there's actually really solid synergy among AGM Reptile-Type Decks. Trying to figure out why it's Level 9, though. On a separate but similar note, if you wanna play Fungal Serpent Deck Constrictors, Anaconda misses being searchable by Damp Den by 100 ATK or DEF (2900 combined stats), or an EARTH Attribute, and that's unbelievably unsatisfying.

Beyond that, the Deck works as intended. A bit awkward and possessing of some unfortunately low stats, but their mill goal is achieved surprisingly well. Good job.
I'm also on DeviantART
I'm in the AGM, as its founder
Oh, and CowCow says I'm a Tyrunt.One of these days I will evolve . . .
But I am a Pokémon of my own

LEc7qUd.png

November/December AGM Deck Challenge:
Burn damage OR single-card support!
PM me for more details on AGM Deck Challenges, for your chance at 1000 Points!

SKDRKF CNMLKQNKQ:
PADE XACQZIMTS!

Dova

Dova

DovaMember

• Topic Starter
  • Dova

• 3,714 posts
    Last Visit

Quick note: Nest Guardian and Hatchling don't specify where they self-Summon from. I'm assuming it's from the hand, but you could have intended hand or Graveyard for one or both.

I love that Hydra Overlord is a Hydra's Egg target (lore?), especially because Beyond Strangulation's handtrap status is so easy to trigger when playing Sorcery Hydras due to their archetypal gimmick, meaning that there's actually really solid synergy among AGM Reptile-Type Decks. Trying to figure out why it's Level 9, though. On a separate but similar note, if you wanna play Fungal Serpent Deck Constrictors, Anaconda misses being searchable by Damp Den by 100 ATK or DEF (2900 combined stats), or an EARTH Attribute, and that's unbelievably unsatisfying.

Beyond that, the Deck works as intended. A bit awkward and possessing of some unfortunately low stats, but their mill goal is achieved surprisingly well. Good job.

Nest Guardian and Hatchling actually do have their Summoning location from, BUT it's only in the condition. This means that even if they move location (except back to the Deck) their effect still resolves. So yeah, Hatchling Special Summons from the GY and Nest Guardian Special Summons from the hand. It is a bit hard to read though, as I didn't notice it to on my second read through even though I knew I did it :P

Anaconda modified to have more synergistic stats, and dropped Overlord down to Level 8, as he was intended to be. Those stars aren't easy to count.

Thanks for your comments!

Dova

Dova

DovaMember

• Topic Starter
  • Dova

• 3,714 posts
    Last Visit

Bumperoo.